Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

I am relatively new to Geocaching but I have been planning my 1st cache since I started. I knew what I wanted to make but wasn't sure how to pull it off. Today I completed the cache and will be testing it for the next week to see how watertight it really is. Since these posts are all about pics I will let the pics do the talking:

The supplies (60lb Steelon Nylon Coated Line & Hose clamp not shown but used)

fish3.jpg

Hey, I used that exact fish in one of my caches!! My cache was very similar to yours in that I used a PVC pipe capped on one end and then used a rubber plug with wing nut (I forget what it is called but I found it in the plumbing section) to allow it to be opened but remain water tight. What I did was take out the stuffing, placed the pipe inside his mouth (had to cut a hole in the mouth) and then used a metal bicycle chain as the "Fishing line" zip tied through the mouth of the fish and then attached to a tree to prevent the container from floating away in the current of the stream. Keep in mind that the PVC pipe will be buoyant causing your fish to float to the surface. I had to place some heavy chain (left over from the line) in the tail and then cut a slit in the tail of the fish to allow the air bubbles to escape allowing the fish to sink. I did some testing in a 5 gallon bucket before getting it just right. I had pretty good success with it although it eventually broke away from the chain. I need to make repairs to get it back up and running. Let me know how it goes!!

Edit: Very nicely done! I might try using your technique for mounting the pipe for my next incarnation of this cache! Keep in mind that the screw off portion will probably not be waterproof and will eventually leak water. If an O-ring of some sort can be installed that might help things.

I finally got around to creating a new fish cache. I used the same technique I mentioned above except I had the pipe come out the back instead of through the mouth.

688ebc32-e992-4da6-b2c3-4f22487b0aaf.jpg?rnd=0.002301216

A genuine imitation surveyors monument. Contains a SMALL, not MICRO, cache. I made this some time ago and only this weekend took some pictures of it on a maintenance run. Concrete casting with an abbreviated Therapak Medium Canister inside. A brass hose-end cap provides the disc.

monumental_top.jpg

monumental_bot.jpg

Think this would fool anyone?

monumental_cap.jpg

Sitting out in plain site.

monumental.jpg

This cache has been lurking among Google's buildings in Mountain View, California, for about a year and a half.

A genuine imitation surveyors monument. Contains a SMALL, not MICRO, cache. I made this some time ago and only this weekend took some pictures of it on a maintenance run. Concrete casting with an abbreviated Therapak Medium Canister inside. A brass hose-end cap provides the disc.

monumental_cap.jpg

There used to be a fake benchmark cache near me several years back. I remember the day that somebody posted a DNF on the cache, but stated in their log that they did, however, find the benchmark nearby. :lol:

monumental_cap.jpg

There used to be a fake benchmark cache near me several years back. I remember the day that somebody posted a DNF on the cache, but stated in their log that they did, however, find the benchmark nearby. :lol:

Priceless!!!

"Creative" doesn't do it justice.

That, Sir, is pure freekin' genius!

Though I think I dated myself in the video.

At first, I thought the port-o-potty was a Tardis. :ph34r:

Thank you! Believe me, if I could have found a TARDIS in that scale, I would have used it. ;)

Very COoL!! and +100 for TARDIS

monumental_cap.jpg

Oh, I can see this appearing in my neck of the woods! Hehehehe

Pretty evergreen, but won't the a/c get overheated quickly?

Thats what I was thinking...I would rather have an ugly working A/C, then a 90 degree house with a fake pretty shrub.

Could it be just to cover it up in the winter (for us northern folks that get snow).

I think they can be used year round.

It may be made from mesh so that it can breathe.

found an old Motorola pager in a cache one day....and it got me to thinking

so I took a bison and found that it was almost the same dimensions as a AA battery

machined bison to AA size, carefully peeled a real AA battery label off and

adhered to the bison

stuck it in the pager and clipped it to a hedge branch

I took many coords and got perfect

published and it still took everyone way too long to find

had to finally archive because dang geocachers destroyed the bush

ended up giving it to a GC Lackey and waiting for it to re-publish somewhere

in the Pacific NW

pager.jpg

pager1.jpg

sorry about the blurry pics but you get the idea, cant find pics of the finished

battery (bison) but just imagine it

GC2B0QE now archived

found an old Motorola pager in a cache one day....and it got me to thinking

so I took a bison and found that it was almost the same dimensions as a AA battery

machined bison to AA size, carefully peeled a real AA battery label off and

adhered to the bison

stuck it in the pager and clipped it to a hedge branch

I took many coords and got perfect

published and it still took everyone way too long to find

had to finally archive because dang geocachers destroyed the bush

ended up giving it to a GC Lackey and waiting for it to re-publish somewhere

in the Pacific NW

pager.jpg

pager1.jpg

sorry about the blurry pics but you get the idea

"Creative" doesn't do it justice.

That, Sir, is pure freekin' genius!

Though I think I dated myself in the video.

At first, I thought the port-o-potty was a Tardis. :ph34r:

Thank you! Believe me, if I could have found a TARDIS in that scale, I would have used it. ;)

Very COoL!! and +100 for TARDIS

If you want a tardis cache, look at this

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0fcec40e-8e80-4339-b241-8c54311d2c16

Here's a nasty one, made with construction adhesive. It's a lock n lock, meant to be hidden upside-down. The lid doesn't have anything glued to it, just spraypainted brown.

evil_cache.JPG

Evil!!!! And it is somewhere in my neck of the woods..............

Wow! You could actually step right on it and not know it!

Ive got a series in Oxfordshire, England that is getting positive reviews.

Most of the containers are unusual and/or cool and each has a theme. I didn't take photos before I laid them but when people take photos Ill show them here. This is chip he is the bomb disposal expert of the pack so his cache is a puzzle box. Very tricky to open. The logbook is inside.

Dogfort v Catgfort - Chip

c8079a7d-2865-4715-b91f-50e8d7c55d83.jpg

Most of the containers are unusual and/or cool and each has a theme. I didn't take photos before I laid them but when people take photos Ill show them here. This is chip he is the bomb disposal expert of the pack so his cache is a puzzle box. Very tricky to open. The logbook is inside.

I found the exact same box in a small town in Ontario Canada. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get into the box. A good Aha! moment.

Of the same puzzle box was in two different places, it's either fr sale somewhere or the plans are on the Internet somewhere. Does anyone have any more info about that puzzle? It sounds like something I need! :D

IMAG0391.jpg

This is my current project. Its gonna be called something like "pain in the grass" or "snake in the grass" or something along those lines.

Im gonna go and find some rubber snakes and some smaller plastic toy snakes. My plan is to epoxy 1 large rubber snake around the container, like its constricting it, and glue some of the smaller, stiff, plastic snakes all over it.

Then, on the inside, Im gonna hang a 14 inch rubber snake from the insider of the lid. Planning on threading some braided fishing line thru the snake in 3 places, then running the line thru small 1/2" drilled blocks on the inside of the lid. So when its opened the snakes pops out and then hangs there :anitongue:

edit...and yes, that is my lawn currently <_<

Edited by Mushroom420

Of the same puzzle box was in two different places, it's either fr sale somewhere or the plans are on the Internet somewhere. Does anyone have any more info about that puzzle? It sounds like something I need! :D

It's for sale on the internet. Google "puzzle box" and look at the images.

IMAG0391.jpg

This is my current project. Its gonna be called something like "pain in the grass" or "snake in the grass" or something along those lines.

Im gonna go and find some rubber snakes and some smaller plastic toy snakes. My plan is to epoxy 1 large rubber snake around the container, like its constricting it, and glue some of the smaller, stiff, plastic snakes all over it.

Then, on the inside, Im gonna hang a 14 inch rubber snake from the insider of the lid. Planning on threading some braided fishing line thru the snake in 3 places, then running the line thru small 1/2" drilled blocks on the inside of the lid. So when its opened the snakes pops out and then hangs there :anitongue:

edit...and yes, that is my lawn currently <_<

This one would be great if you could get permission to hide it in a sports stadium that has artificial grass.

It's for sale on the internet. Google "puzzle box" and look at the images.

Yeah, after I posted that I remembered they have this new website called Google that makes it easier to find stuff on the web. I should use it more often! :)

Thanks for the help though!

Pretty evergreen, but won't the a/c get overheated quickly?

Thats what I was thinking...I would rather have an ugly working A/C, then a 90 degree house with a fake pretty shrub.

Could it be just to cover it up in the winter (for us northern folks that get snow).

I think they can be used year round.

It may be made from mesh so that it can breathe.

Still they will use more power to cool down the house.

I would plant something around it as it would actually help the AC.

As promised:

Poo Cache - The kdis LOVED this! It withstood a day of kids grabbing it so its pretty sturdy.

179932_10151047745018290_1754525819_n.jpg

Spider Cache - This wont he cunning cache comp at the Geolympix. There is a nano underneath.

526455_10151047744893290_1692605816_n.jpg

Brick Cache - Foam brick coated with weather reistant. Prob an underocver cache.

295421_10151047744938290_265483465_n.jpg

Schroedingers Cache - My favourite. For those who know what Schroedingers cat is. This cache has been muggled and not muggled at the same time.

576100_10151047744563290_1539973811_n.jpg

545444_10151047744793290_19146283_n.jpg

This has got to be one of my favs but there are definitely a lot of good ones out there! Its a container made from the vertebra of some animal!

FB3_2.jpg

If you would like to see the geocaching video where i discovered this container then please see the video below. Be sure to check out the rest of my GEOcaching videos!!!!

GEOvloger