Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

I am sorry, dont got any pictures of this.. (yet)

but you know the top plastic end stoppers ?

they sit on the top of traffic signs and such.

they are designed so they can not be pulled up by muglers or kids without tools,

and for a good reason offcourse :-)

but if an evil minded geocacher show up in a dark night with a big flat screwdriver

they are possible to pull out, take home, modify slighty so they can be pulled up with no tool needed,

add a 35mm film box using a string, show up next night and put it back,

bingo you got it..

Townships ban geocaching here in the US because of people "modifying" things that are not supposed to be taken apart. They have it that way for a reason.

Where was that ban?

I'll let my local retailer know. He recently aquired a case of them.

All of them have way too squishy O-rings. He'll be glad to hear this.

Thanx! :)

Wonder where he got them. Are they 4" x 2" like the Mighty Mega? It will say Mighty Mega on the bottom.

I imagine he got them from the same place you did.

"Mighty Mega" on one side, I think.

"Space Coast Geocaching Store" on the other.

He will have the replacement O-Rings in the next day or two so anyone who purchased he Mighty Mega there can get a replacement "Heavy Duty" O-Ring. Thanks for the heads up. We always want to provide the best quality products available.

they are designed so they can not be pulled up by muglers or kids without tools,

but if an evil minded geocacher show up in a dark night with a big flat screwdriver

they are possible to pull out, take home, modify slighty so they can be pulled up with no tool needed,

bingo you got it..

Sounds like a Fence Post Cache (FPC):

6566940511_004fabbb4a_z.jpg

Although a cache owner should buy a fence post cap, modify it for the geocache, and then place it in a fence post that is missing its cap. This avoids violating the guideline against defacing or destroying property.

I wad plastic bag in pipe and the cache sits on that, the cap isn't touched so when the cache is gone, no mark is left that it was ever there.

bingo you got it..

Townships ban geocaching here in the US because of people "modifying" things that are not supposed to be taken apart. They have it that way for a reason.

Where was that ban?

I have a couple of townships near me that won't allow any type of caches because of problems that they run into with cachers. I live in Pa.

bingo you got it..

Where was that ban?

I have a couple of townships near me that won't allow any type of caches because of problems that they run into with cachers. I live in Pa.

Just out of curiosity what are the names of these townships.

I thought this was really cool for a micro.

431075_10150632135750915_685960914_11521895_1064194690_n.jpg

428910_10150632137890915_685960914_11521900_1419464148_n.jpg

Creative.

I do like this one!

This cache hide is very popular but it can still tricky at times, if done properly.

Be careful with doing this kind of cache hide though... it appears from the picture that a hole would've had to been made in the post to put the bison tube end of the bolt into. If this is the way that this was done then it is violating a Groundspeak rule of altering private property. This post, depending on where it is, would be private property. If it is on a crash barrier (which it does look like), one of many posts around a park's driveway and parking, or any other examples like that then the cache would be in violation and should end up being archived due to that.

Edited by brendah

A new cache that I am about to be deployed

The wood block, with the cache inside, is dropped into the top of the pipe, which will be secured to a fence post.

Using the holes drilled into the pipe, you work the block up the pipe, using the screwdrivers provided

0709f5df-f1be-4659-a4e4-9a2ea7f3f485.jpg

Wicked. B)

Yea...all the holes spelled out something...take another look at it. :laughing:

The wood block, with the cache inside, is dropped into the top of the pipe, which will be secured to a fence post.

Using the holes drilled into the pipe, you work the block up the pipe, using the screwdrivers provided

Wicked. B)

Wow, that is very cool! That gives me a few ideas! Thanks

I like they way you drilled "geocache" on the pipe. Nice idea!

Cool, looks like one Sven made. (I think the one he posted on YouTube was his)

Wood swells when wet. Make sure you have enough clearance to compensate for it swelling after weeks/months of rain/snow etc. Maybe a resin or pvc container would be better? Submerge the plug in water for a couple weeks and see if it still fits :)

Where do you think I got the idea?

Wood swells when wet. Make sure you have enough clearance to compensate for it swelling after weeks/months of rain/snow etc. Maybe a resin or pvc container would be better? Submerge the plug in water for a couple weeks and see if it still fits :)

there is a lot of clearance for the wood to swell

Where do you think I got the idea?

:laughing: Figured so. We have thought about making one as well or at least something similar.

Most of the caches in this area are 'the same' LPC, bison in a cedar, baggie taped to back of magnet, etc... we REALLY want to add some variety & 'different' caches :D

geo_dude1026.jpg

geo_dude1029.jpg

This is not the final cache, but he do keep a secret you can find in his pocket

about how to find, the cache is located near by.

battery power last 600 days, very weak light only visible at night time.

pictures are taken in my car, on the way to secret location :-)

the "man" is full size made of bubble plastic wrap and alot of tape,

torso is a more stiff material also know as packing material,

and filled with a large battery pack.

the cache is rated with a warning about not to bring kids,

but offcurse people do anyway, and a kid was scared quite alot,

actually it was a little girl who broke down as written in the log.

Edited by OZ2CPU

geo_dude1026.jpg

geo_dude1029.jpg

The last I ever hid something of this caliber it almost landed me in jail.

geo_dude1026.jpg

geo_dude1029.jpg

There is a story in there some where just waiting to get out.

I can see why it scares little ones!!

Just thought I'd pop a few photos of my 'A-maze-ing Cache'...I got the idea from a previous post, it's just my take on it :)

img0147co.jpg

img0148bj.jpg

Nice to see that my idea has inspired other people to make caches with a difference

May I make one observation? It may be worth covering the exit, so that the nano is not dropped on the floor and possibly lost during the shaking proses. This happened to me a few times while I had friends testing it before it went live.

Good luck with you cache

I can see why it scares little ones!!

Just thought I'd pop a few photos of my 'A-maze-ing Cache'...I got the idea from a previous post, it's just my take on it :)

Nice to see that my idea has inspired other people to make caches with a difference

May I make one observation? It may be worth covering the exit, so that the nano is not dropped on the floor and possibly lost during the shaking proses. This happened to me a few times while I had friends testing it before it went live.

Good luck with you cache

Good idea..thanks :)

Columbia, SC cachers may want to look away if you do not like spoilers

BoF1.jpg

Based of Barrel of Monkeys. The first stage you pick up the monkeys and coordinates that lead to this barrel. It has a mini-bison in it. The top is attached using epoxy. So you must slide the monkey strand through the slit at the top to nab the bison.

There is another small slit on the bottom edge to retrieve monkeys if you drop them (which is being used to provide extra light in this photo). The paint is not staying on the lid well, but other than that it has done well in nature. There are some small changes I would make if I redesigned it.

Edited by IkeHurley13

geo_dude1026.jpg

geo_dude1029.jpg

There is a story in there some where just waiting to get out.

My son's Geocaching name is GeoDudeGPS, I just sent him the picture. I'm sure he'll be surprised!

I have never seen one quite like this but I am sure it may have been done before. I got the idea one night and finally got around to making it today. Hoping it brings a few smiles to some cachers rolleyes.gif One question....would you put this in a tunnel? I am concerned the parts might get lost if someone accidentally drops them. The "flap" on the back covering the container is not secured and is just sort of wedged in there. The small container is also wedged in so neither will fall out until someone goes to remove them.

aasrf1kA.gifaauHJzMT.gifaav7yLb3.gifaaxLsTf6.gif

Edited by geoCATing