Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

This another one of my more recents creations based on a hanger Yellow jacket Trap. Hint for the cache is "Courage will not sting you."

photo-3.jpgphoto-1-1.jpg

I love this idea. I could see this in some sort of park or wildlife management area with a lot of real decoys along the trail. That way the cacher would typically disregard the actual cache. Love it.

225f2db9-f338-4786-a3eb-c731f5da6755.jpg

Yes. It's a camo'd porta-potty chained to a tree. So this isn't actually a geocache, but I drive by it most days to work (having no idea why it's there) and think it could serve as good inspiration as a cache.

Maybe it's the final to a really crappy multi! :blink:

Left Something/Took Nothing :lol:

HEY! you traded up[well actually down] :anitongue:

I have an altoids thats been out 2+ years and has not a speck of rust on it! :anitongue:

Rare exceptions do not a quality container make. ;)

I bet about 30% or more cache containers is 35mm film can's & they sure not water tight. If the container of any type works for a CO then it don't suck by no means. We use altoids tin's on a few of our hides with only one problem, Keeping them in place is our biggest factor.

I have an altoids thats been out 2+ years and has not a speck of rust on it! :anitongue:

Rare exceptions do not a quality container make. ;)

I bet about 30% or more cache containers is 35mm film can's & they sure not water tight. If the container of any type works for a CO then it don't suck by no means. We use altoids tin's on a few of our hides with only one problem, Keeping them in place is our biggest factor.

Please take it to the discussions thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=283065

225f2db9-f338-4786-a3eb-c731f5da6755.jpg

Yes. It's a camo'd porta-potty chained to a tree. So this isn't actually a geocache, but I drive by it most days to work (having no idea why it's there) and think it could serve as good inspiration as a cache.

Maybe it's the final to a really crappy multi! :blink:

Left Something/Took Nothing :lol:

HEY! you traded up[well actually down] :anitongue:

...comes with its own log book!

toilet-paper-green.jpg

Paint your choice of cammo and place. Takes just a couple minutes. Total cost is just the paint. You can use soda bottles but The larger sport drink bottles are best. I bought bottle preforms and didn't like how they necked down inside. Plus they cost about 50 cents apiece.

84dbea12-9e52-4938-81af-0f9223ed04c3.jpg

Thanks alot! Now I'm finding these everywhere! <_<

Paint your choice of cammo and place. Takes just a couple minutes. Total cost is just the paint. You can use soda bottles but The larger sport drink bottles are best. I bought bottle preforms and didn't like how they necked down inside. Plus they cost about 50 cents apiece.

those haven't made it to az yet.

Look at the bright side. Your area could be infected with film cans.

Instead, you've got a bunch of mostly waterproof containers.

That's gotta be a good thing, right?

Look at the bright side. Your area could be infected with film cans.

Instead, you've got a bunch of mostly waterproof containers.

That's gotta be a good thing, right?

It's gotta be better than knowing they're out there and not finding them.

Here's one I plan on putting in my cemetery cache. People have complained that the cache container is a micro, so this should hopefully keep em happy.

The cemetery isn't active anymore and has a bunch of spots that are wooded. It should blend right in perfectly. I copied the idea from a post that was on page 29 of this thread.

IMG_20111031_202750.jpg

Here's one I plan on putting in my cemetery cache. People have complained that the cache container is a micro, so this should hopefully keep em happy.

The cemetery isn't active anymore and has a bunch of spots that are wooded. It should blend right in perfectly. I copied the idea from a post that was on page 29 of this thread.

IMG_20111031_202750.jpg

Nice. How did you do the embossed text look? Light and dark paint, offsetting the stencil in between?

I still haven't placed the skull cache I developed last year about this time. The location I had last year was in a search area for a kid's body (still not found) so I delayed putting it out so as not to complicate an already horrible situation. This fall I couldn't put in another area as I am moving in a few months, but I hope to put the skull cache out in a new place, and with a literary theme.

f7d6617a-1e5f-4a36-9e7d-7a930e43006e.jpg

2a3d04e6-fd2c-409c-bb7b-f874e6e60832.jpg

IMG_20111031_202750.jpg

Nice. How did you do the embossed text look? Light and dark paint, offsetting the stencil in between?

That's exactly how I did it, using flat paint.

I just placed it today.

IMG_20111101_102113.jpg

Here's my most recent creation. I still have to find just the right spot.

Gonna call it "Tap Into Your GeoSense"

tap001.jpg

Sort of an ugly tap, but I made it out of scrap I had laying around. It should pass for anyone other than a cacher :ph34r:

4' piece of 1/2 pipe in the ground for stability.

tap002.jpg

Cap half off the cache.

tap003.jpg

Cap removed.

tap004.jpg

Cache log in the cache. (Tweezers will be helpful)

tap005.jpg

Cache log slid into 1/2" copper to keep it compact in the cache.

379971_10150443218322673_640722672_10066247_119000270_n.jpg

Found this one in the locker room at work, TNLN, SL, TFTC

LOL

Found this one in the locker room at work, TNLN, SL, TFTC

I had heard rumors of some kooky folks using plastic cache containers to store food in.

I didn't really believe it... Not sure I do now... Photoshop? Maybe? :unsure:

lol

Not even gonna ask why you are taking pictures in a locker room.

er..... lol

Adding some of my own:

Fence post cache. Long plastic tube fits inside the fence post. Cap goes on top. Little rock contains coordinates to this final cache (nano glued to bottom of rock)

6343102697_21f84d9356_z.jpg

Fake green pepper (styrofoam) with hole made to fit match container. Used gorrila glue to attach. Made an apple like this too, looked awesome.

6343091469_b3f56ddf1b.jpg

Edited by The_Incredibles_

Adding some of my own:

Fake green pepper (styrofoam) with hole made to fit match container. Used gorrila glue to attach. Made an apple like this too, looked awesome.

Very nicely done....I played with forming styrofoam. However I was concerned with Styrofoam breaking down with weather, moisture, UV and heat and just becoming a glob of goo. Did you find something to treat the items for preservation?

Edited by Russ!

Adding some of my own:

Very nicely done....I played with forming styrofoam. However I was concerned with Styrofoam breaking down with weather, moisture, UV and heat and just becoming a glob of goo. Did you find something to treat the items for preservation?

It's not just styrofam, there's a thick waxy coating on the outside. Have I treated it? No. We'll have to see what happens. Currently it's keeping some ivy company. :laughing:

Adding some of my own:

I believe that is a commercial fake pepper like you can get at Walmart or craft stores. They are styrofoam on the inside with a thick plastic "skin" on the outside.

This is a bit of a spoiler for PNW cachers...

The final for one of my multicaches:

6154252429_9de6e6f042.jpg

The cache container:

6154252243_f5b33a1fbe.jpg

One of two waypoints:

6154253129_4c6fcd1072.jpg

The Bison tube which holds the coordinates for the next step:

6154252827_85929310a6.jpg

And the cache's inspiration, a wild rabbit that lives in the park behind our house and frequently visits our backyard to munch on our grass. We consider it almost a pet.

6021051560_e86f109fdd.jpg

Peter Cottontail by dgwphotos, on Flickr

Edited by Dgwphotos

This is a bit of a spoiler for PNW cachers...

I LOVE IT!! That would be very fun to find.

The final for one of my multicaches:

6154252429_9de6e6f042.jpg

The cache container:

6154252243_f5b33a1fbe.jpg

One of two waypoints:

6154253129_4c6fcd1072.jpg

The Bison tube which holds the coordinates for the next step:

6154252827_85929310a6.jpg

And the cache's inspiration, a wild rabbit that lives in the park behind our house and frequently visits our backyard to munch on our grass. We consider it almost a pet.

6021051560_e86f109fdd.jpg

Peter Cottontail by dgwphotos, on Flickr

Edited by $$tracker