Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Found this one today... can you spot it?

photo%252520%2525281%252529.JPG

Fake rock, far right. I think I can see the embossed logo from here. Too obvious. FAIL!!!

No, no, no. It's on the guardrail, far left. Just below the dog.

no no no no my guess is that you have to pull out one of the cables there then poke your finger in the hole and pull the log out :omnomnom::ph34r:

Found this one today... can you spot it?

photo%252520%2525281%252529.JPG

Fake rock, far right. I think I can see the embossed logo from here. Too obvious. FAIL!!!

No, no, no. It's on the guardrail, far left. Just below the dog.

no no no no my guess is that you have to pull out one of the cables there then poke your finger in the hole and pull the log out :omnomnom::ph34r:

Actually you lift the white flap, stick 2 standard screwdrivers in each slot and turn while pulling. the cache comes out easy :ph34r:

This dang one took me 3/4 hour to figure out.

And so you post a spoiler here? Nice. :unsure:

Ummm, The_Psnaps posted the pic and GOF posted the one you quoted, not Pixos.

True, I did miss that. But GOFs was only a guess. Pixo's post confirmed his guess.

No it didn't. All Pixos said was that it took him 3/4 hour to find it. He didn't say that was the location.

However, Post #4867 by The_Psnaps DID confirm it.

Team_Pixos bears no responsibility with spoilage.

And I assume (which can be a no no in itself) that The_Psnaps is the CO so no foul here

Or is The_Psnaps not the CO?? <_<

Psnap's original post said, "Found this one today... can you spot it?"

However... we'd better get this thread back on track and close this discussion (sorry, I don't know how to say that without adding one more off-topic post to the thread).

I have a real trap that a friend welded open for me. I'm just waiting for the right spot to hide it.

Thanks for the spoiler. :-(

huh? Are you serious with the frown? It is HIS cache and he will be taking it to events only!

Just for Frank...

- Knowschad commented that he had a trap welded, implying he'll do something similar.

- Knowschad and bflentje share the same territory.

- bflentje was sad that a possible future surprise would be ruined.

Carry on.

I have a real trap that a friend welded open for me. I'm just waiting for the right spot to hide it.

Thanks for the spoiler. :-(

huh? Are you serious with the frown? It is HIS cache and he will be taking it to events only!

Just for Frank...

- Knowschad commented that he had a trap welded, implying he'll do something similar.

- Knowschad and bflentje share the same territory.

- bflentje was sad that a possible future surprise would be ruined.

Carry on.

Got ya! 8-)

Some ideas for juice bottle preforms. These hold maybe as much as a 35mm film canister would, but with the cap at a 2" diameter, you might fit a good sized Geocoin in it.

2j5nw9k.jpg

Fake leaves glued on:

2w6cchj.jpg

Heavy camo (looks a little gross to me):

5nq2de.jpg

Magnetic, could be good as a red or yellow "light":

2gyat7n.jpg

Pipe "fixture":

6s3psh.jpg

It would also be great if these were "formed" into a slightly longer straight-sided bottle. That could replace a lot of film cans.

Edited by kunarion

Some ideas for juice bottle preforms. These hold maybe as much as a 35mm film canister would, but with the cap at a 2" diameter, you might fit a good sized Geocoin in it.

I would love to find a source of these in small quantities

Do a google for cone shaped preform.

I just ordered 10 of them. I have an idea of how to make them more cylindrical. I'll post them up if it works.

Because glue rarely holds anything plastic I weld them together. Using a cheap soldering iron I melt the two lips together forming a water tight seal that I have yet to be able to break back apart. Run the iron fast enough to melt the plastic but not burn it. Do this in a well ventilated area.

03e91461-521f-43ec-8cd4-a8f8511c8138.jpg