Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

This is Sputnik 13. I hid it three years ago and it's still there. It had to be hidden where it's a tough bushwhack to get to it. Otherwise it would be found by non-cachers. It's actually the old sand filter from an above ground pool that we took out. P4280002.jpg

I bet its hidden well. it says DANGER right on the side of it so I'm sure someone would think its a bomb and detonate it.

Should've Written "ОПАСНО" instead :)

This thread is great I will be working on some ideas for my first few caches thanks to these ideas and my local thrift stores. I have found that a lot of one caches in my town arn't as creative as these so I will be stepping up and changing the way they view the caches. My town needs more creativity in their cache desighn. Thanks so much for all the photos they will help me to see my posiblities around there.

P.S. why does it say Tadpole under my photo?

Edited by fdlseeker

This thread is great I will be working on some ideas for my first few caches thanks to these ideas and my local thrift stores. I have found that a lot of one caches in my town arn't as creative as these so I will be stepping up and changing the way they view the caches. My town needs more creativity in their cache desighn. Thanks so much for all the photos they will help me to see my posiblities around there.

It has to do with your forum posts. I think 10 posts and your no longer a tadpole. You can also change your forum title in your account settings? or is it in your profile? I forget.

Edited by jholly
...thanks to these ideas and my local thrift stores.

Hi Seeker! It's good to see folks who are willing to enhance the game, rather than just plopping another hide-a-key on yet another guardrail. Kudos, Sir! One bit of advice I would offer is, be wary of the containers that are sold in thrift shops. Many are substandard, (hence being sold in a thrift store), and a crappy container almost always leads to a leaky container.

Been working on this project for a while now, here and there. Finally got some free time, and a machine open at work to do some milling. IMG_4892.jpg Just your everyday lock right. IMG_4893.jpg Nothing wierd here.....wait a second. IMG_4894.jpg That's how you get it open! IMG_4895.jpg Hey look a bison tube. IMG_4896.jpg The cache disassembled. Haven't placed it yet, but want to put it on a bike rack or a fence with a chain.

I'm having problems with hot glue. It discolors, gets stretchy and breaks. Maybe it depends on the type, but I used it to glue objects in my backyard, and was suprised at how soon it was a separate blob (not holding the object anymore). I've had some luck using hot glue to build up a container, or to hold a part in place, in addition to Goop or Liquid Nails. Maybe other people will get better results in other regions.

I have tried hot glue in the past, the problem is that eventually it will break free. The constant heating and cooling of the outdoors fatigues the glue bond, and no more stickum. I use 3M structural adhesive 8101. Its fairly cheap, cures quickly, is pretty much indestructible, mildly flexible, and hasn't let me down yet.

Edited by pplusminusk

Been working on this project for a while now, here and there. Finally got some free time, and a machine open at work to do some milling. Just your everyday lock right. Nothing wierd here.....wait a second. That's how you get it open! Hey look a bison tube. IMG_4896.jpg The cache disassembled. Haven't placed it yet, but want to put it on a bike rack or a fence with a chain.

Amazing!! I know of a chain link fence near a high school that already has a plethora of locks locked to it. How I would love to add this one to it!!

Been working on this project for a while now, here and there. Finally got some free time, and a machine open at work to do some milling. Just your everyday lock right. Nothing wierd here.....wait a second. That's how you get it open! Hey look a bison tube. IMG_4896.jpg The cache disassembled. Haven't placed it yet, but want to put it on a bike rack or a fence with a chain.

Amazing!! I know of a chain link fence near a high school that already has a plethora of locks locked to it. How I would love to add this one to it!!

That lock is Awesome! You could sell those on Flee Bay!

It has to do with your forum posts. I think 10 posts and your no longer a tadpole. You can also change your forum title in your account settings? or is it in your profile? I forget.

Only if you're a premium member. Otherwise, once you pass the 10 post threshold, it just says geocacher.

That lock is Awesome! You could sell those on Flee Bay!

Then they would instantly become un-awesome.

We have a group of "cowboys" out here who put out the most ingenious caches.

Of the 14 I found yesterday, several were by these guys. One entails bringing a 15-foot (preferably, although we used a 12') ladder.

The funniest one was a huge blue barrel out in the scrub brush. Inside the barrel was a five-gallon water bottle. Inside the water bottle were more than 60 35mm film canisters. :rolleyes:

Only one film canister would come out the neck of the bottle at a time and you had to get the one that had the log book in it in order to be able to sign the log.

It took us 58 tries . . . :rolleyes:

Another one was an atypical Altoids mint container.

AnyoneForAltoids.jpg

There were 62 Altoids mint containers, and only one held the log . . .

After doing the caches by these guys, finding Tupperware along side a trail is just, well, it's still fun . . . :ph34r:

This cache is SO devious that I am going to have to use this idea....

PLEASE DO NOT USE ALTOIDS CONTAINERS AS CACHE CONTAINERS!!! THEY RUST... SHUT!

The Steaks

Or, if they really wanted to be evil they could...

Get an ammo can bolt a U-bolt to one of the sides.

Get some heavy chain.

Take the ammo can out into the woods, and using the chain, "lock" it to a tree.

Fill the ammo can with expandable foam and a laminated sheet of paper which reads. "This is not the cache. You must sign the log to get credit for a find."

Been working on this project for a while now, here and there. Finally got some free time, and a machine open at work to do some milling. IMG_4896.jpg The cache disassembled. Haven't placed it yet, but want to put it on a bike rack or a fence with a chain.

So the shackle still works?

Yes and no. I can lock it to objects, and move it if I please, but it is not designed to be unlocked by fellow cachers. I didn't show in my photos how I am able to secure the lock. Sorry, my little secret.

176932_2000.JPG

176932_1800.JPG

176932_1900.JPG

A cache I put out around the end of Dec. the channel for the canister was cut in with a chainsaw.

Hahahahaha, now that's just evil! :lol:

I found one that used an inner container about the same size and the wood was about the same diameter as that but only about 2" high. It was located about 3/4 of a mile up a steep and seldom used trail. The cache was located in a area where there had been a tree fall. I found it in 2008 and it's only been found once (by two people caching together) since.

I found this clever cache out in a grass area near a freeway. The cache is inside a sign...but not like any sign I've seen before. It was a puzzle inside the sign. You have to tip and lean the sign in order to figure out how to get the cache to fall out.

4c54fc39-381e-454d-858a-a8ca1a9ff27e.jpg

It looked quite real from just a few feet away...until the geocaching emblem became obvious.

fe91b70e-0255-4a1f-b270-f6a3c3807714.jpg

Now it looks like you are there...however it still isn't clear where the geocache is.

411c2176-e92e-406e-a36f-912085ad05ad.jpg

Now it's tip and lean to figure out how to get that clattering thing out. Once you get the cache out, sign it, and put it back.

e74112df-1b12-4877-b074-1591cff8995c.jpg

It pains me to hear my own voice. In my head I don't sound like that. I hate having a wisp, I sound gay. Whatever, enjoy the creative cache.

<_<

I'm friends with a few gay men and have worked with many more... can't think of any with a lisp. Only thing that comes to mind are characters on TV?

Edited by d+n.s

It pains me to hear my own voice. In my head I don't sound like that. I hate having a wisp, I sound gay. Whatever, enjoy the creative cache.

It would help to hold the camera still for more than a 1/2 second at a time.

Well, that wouldn't help with the lisp, but it would do something about the seizures. ;)

Not your seizures, of course, but for the people viewing the video. :ph34r:

It would help to hold the camera still for more than a 1/2 second at a time.

Well, that wouldn't help with the lisp, but it would do something about the seizures. ;)

Not your seizures, of course, but for the people viewing the video. :ph34r:

Yes, and it would be nice to see just what exactly was the cache... :unsure:

WP_000114.jpg

Does that help? <_<

Speaking as a lineman for a utility, yeah.... that helps. I have so much to say about that picture and cache..... But, nevermind, because I don't have the time or the energy to point out the errors of your ways and nobody appointed me the "cache police". Happy caching.

Edited by SeaScout

WP_000114.jpg

Does that help? <_<

Speaking as a lineman for a utility, yeah.... that helps. I have so much to say about that picture and cache..... But, nevermind, because I don't have the time or the energy to point out the errors of your ways and nobody appointed me the "cache police". Happy caching.

I didn't hide the cache, I found it. I don't hide urban caches because I don't want to deal with having security issues. I just thought it was creative... If it was my cache I would've gotten permission for an urban hide.

Here's mine, sorry the pics are so big and bad quality. What i did was just drill a hole into the bottom of a pine cone, squirted some superglue into the hole, and put a small plastic tube into the hole. then I painted the lid of the tube brown.

004.jpg005-2.jpg

Is that a fake pinecone?

Nope, its real

I just need some help. I have a thermometer geocache container. I just cannot find the appropriate place to put it. it is backed by magnets. so that is not the problem. the problem is where to put it outdoors where people would not give it a second glance and it is not exposed to harsh weather elements. the only place I could find so far was a bus stop shelter. but it is somewhat far from my home...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There's one near us that is on a local community hall. I don't know if permission was sought and granted, but it is still there. I'm tempted to do something on our municipal hall - for which I would definitely seek permission - or our pioneer museum, same thing applies.

Hi! This is my first post on the forum. I did this as my first geocache and im looking for suggestions on where/how to hide it. It's a, i guess you guys would call it a "spruce cone", i peeled the "bits" (in lack of a better term) off a real cone and glued them, one by one, to a small plastic container.

I know it looks a bit sloppy but i think it will blend in fine depending on where i place it.

k3w2q.jpg

1z3mb9l.jpg

Edited by andreidoo

This is not a cache of my own, nor is it a cache that I have found. I read about it here in the forums a number of years ago, and until today, had forgotten about it. But I think that it is too unique to let it get lost in the archives!

The now archived cache was a multi-cache called Baby Talk (GC41E2). From what I think I remember reading, the first stage was a bell on or near a fence. When you rang the bell, a pair of llamas came wandering on over to see if there was any yummy treats to be had.

Around the neck of one of the llamas was the next stage:

bf18f66d-53eb-4e33-a21c-ed398351b3b8.jpg

I hope the information I've given is reasonably accurate, but, of course, I'd welcome any corrections or additional information.

Hey, that's my picture! :)

I'm posting this late, but I'll answer the question. The first stage took you to a can (maybe an old metal coffee can?) full of llama food (who knows what that was, pellets? oats? I can't remember anymore). You were supposed to shake it, to get Baby to come over. Baby and the other llama were on the other side of the pasture when we went, and came over to accept our offering. Very calm and sweet. The coords took us nearby on the same road, I think.

From what I can remember, the cache was archived because Baby was getting tired of always coming over for cachers.

Still one of my all time favorite caches. My log.