Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Here is one I've been working on. This is not deployed yet. For the description, I was just going to put something like, "log book is in camo film container..."

filmcache.JPG

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but I think I would probably skip something like this. Just my opinion.

So, you really, really mean to tell me that if you had gone through whatever it took to find the cache, if you saw something like that you'd just turn and walk away?

Well my thought of walking away, is alot better than the guy who would change the location of the log, and then report it as needing maintenance. But yea honestly, I would chalk it up as a nice hike, which I like to do, and leave it as is. Something like this just wouldn't be fun to me. This isn't really even creative. And again, just my opinion. If this is your thing, thats great. hehe

There's one I ran across, a huge painted PVC pipe container, with several painted prescription bottles in it. You basically have to find the right one, to sign the log. (out of 140 or so bottles.)

I recent thread inspired me. The log book in it is a proof of consept log book. I am planning to use weather proof paper.

AVTTdvOM.jpg

AVETcxsP.jpg

AVtTvyiN.jpg

AVHTOzsv.jpg

Not sure why the instructions for taking the battery cover off of this phone is inside the cover. A lot of help it is there.

Edited by Andronicus

I recent thread inspired me. The log book in it is a proof of consept log book. I am planning to use weather proof paper.

AVTTdvOM.jpg

AVETcxsP.jpg

AVtTvyiN.jpg

AVHTOzsv.jpg

Not sure why the instructions for taking the battery cover off of this phone is inside the cover. A lot of help it is there.

I have a similar concept it will be a muti using old cels with th final being an original Motorola flip the battery compartment makes a decent size area for a logbook and some swag

I agree. It looks just too mugglable (is that a word?).

Knowing me, I would find it, sign the log and go to replace it... get distracted by "Oooooh dad, look at....." and pocket it by mistake. Then realize it when I got home or pulled phone out for the next cache, hopefully not too far away.

AND YES I would immediatly take it back! I'm just saying, not my favorite container... A for effort and originality, b- or C for working concept IMHO

This is Sputnik 13. I hid it three years ago and it's still there. It had to be hidden where it's a tough bushwhack to get to it. Otherwise it would be found by non-cachers. It's actually the old sand filter from an above ground pool that we took out. P4280002.jpg

I bet its hidden well. it says DANGER right on the side of it so I'm sure someone would think its a bomb and detonate it.

Should of written it in Russian. That is an awesome idea btw. I have that exact filter and it ain't small.

I wanted to write it in Russian but I had no idea where to find the stencils for it. The way it's hidden you don't see it anyways. On the top it says CCCP. The antennas aren't on it now either. I took this picture before it was a cache. We had used it on April Fools day in my neighbor's back yard. We had the parachute draped over her shed. She came home from work and when she saw it she said she was going to call NASA.

Should of written it in Russian. That is an awesome idea btw. I have that exact filter and it ain't small.

I wanted to write it in Russian but I had no idea where to find the stencils for it. The way it's hidden you don't see it anyways. On the top it says CCCP. The antennas aren't on it now either. I took this picture before it was a cache. We had used it on April Fools day in my neighbor's back yard. We had the parachute draped over her shed. She came home from work and when she saw it she said she was going to call NASA.

Mind if I borrow from the idea? I think I could build a pretty nice sized one.

This is Sputnik 13. I hid it three years ago and it's still there. It had to be hidden where it's a tough bushwhack to get to it. Otherwise it would be found by non-cachers. It's actually the old sand filter from an above ground pool that we took out. P4280002.jpg

Is this that bushwhackers paradise multi that you've hidden?

Nice idea for both a joke and a cache!

Is this that bushwhackers paradise multi that you've hidden?

No this isn't Bushwhackers Delight. The name of this cache is Sputnik 13. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=522a2b13-ea54-49de-9561-032ca9dfb5f8

I agree. It looks just too mugglable (is that a word?).

Knowing me, I would find it, sign the log and go to replace it... get distracted by "Oooooh dad, look at....." and pocket it by mistake. Then realize it when I got home or pulled phone out for the next cache, hopefully not too far away.

AND YES I would immediatly take it back! I'm just saying, not my favorite container... A for effort and originality, b- or C for working concept IMHO

I gutted out an old cordless phone and put a log book in it. A belt clip is on the phone and mounts low to the ground on a fence wire. It's received mostly positive feedback.

I could see a hollowed out cannon ball near someplace like Gettysburg although now that I think about it it might not be a good idea.

I also thought about using a bleached skull of a squirrel or other animal larger or about the same size you sometimes see in the woods to put a film canister or bison tube in but I don't know how well it would be received.

Edited by medwardl

I could see a hollowed out cannon ball near someplace like Gettysburg although now that I think about it it might not be a good idea.

I also thought about using a bleached skull of a squirrel or other animal larger or about the same size you sometimes see in the woods to put a film canister or bison tube in but I don't know how well it would be received.

If I found a military relic near a famous battlefield, it'd be sitting on my shelf at home with the rest of them.

As for the skull idea, it's already been done so another one wouldn't hurt.

If I found a military relic near a famous battlefield, it'd be sitting on my shelf at home with the rest of them.

As for the skull idea, it's already been done so another one wouldn't hurt.

There is one in our area, I think it was a racoon. It gets good feedback.

That ranks up there with such atrocious acts as when Hilary Clinton picked up a rock at Auschwitz and put it in her pocket. So much for honoring such places.

Sorry bub. I've been to war. There ain't nothing nice about it. I think it's wrong to make shrines about it. Every bit of it should be bulldozed under and never see the light of day. No one should consider it sacred.

That ranks up there with such atrocious acts as when Hilary Clinton picked up a rock at Auschwitz and put it in her pocket. So much for honoring such places.

Sorry bub. I've been to war. There ain't nothing nice about it. I think it's wrong to make shrines about it. Every bit of it should be bulldozed under and never see the light of day. No one should consider it sacred.

So, if you found a historic relic from a civil war battlefield, it would be sitting on your shelf at home with the rest of your war relics, and yet you feel that battlefields should be bulldozed and never see the light of day. I'm going to have to think about this for a while.

So, if you found a historic relic from a civil war battlefield, it would be sitting on your shelf at home with the rest of your war relics, and yet you feel that battlefields should be bulldozed and never see the light of day. I'm going to have to think about this for a while.

I Collect military stuff. Call me silly but after 22 years in the Army, I kind of like it. It ain't for the battle it was in. It is because is is military stuff. I don't pay homage to it or build a shrine around it. In fact, most of it is in my basement in my 'cave'. None of it is displayed in any way to make it stand out above the rest. Just boxes and shelves full of junk. From olden, olden days up to Desert Storm. I have swords leaning against mess kits and protective masks from ww1. Just military junk. If I found a cannon ball from the civil war or revolution, it'd be tossed in with the rest.

I'm not gonna have to think about it at all.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

I'm not gonna have to think about it at all.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Well, there's that, too. :)

I guess we'd better leave this thread to Cool Cache Containers, though.

thumb-__jpg-mfgl6hqecjf3b32f2pgx.jpg

thumb-__jpg-je1v9ral4jgzryfe40.jpg

This is a Cache-Machine. It was built by some guys in Germany for a 60th-Birthday-Cache.

The long tube is filled with 60 (!) small Cache-Containers (already including a log book), so that each finder can place another cache somewhere.

60 new caches to find.

When you pull the lever on the left, a cache falls down in some sort of chamber in the lower part of the machine.

When you push the lever in again, the new container falls out.

Probably didn't exactly work the way I described it, but at least almost. <_<

I think this is a really great idea!

This is a Cache-Machine. It was built by some guys in Germany for a 60th-Birthday-Cache.

The long tube is filled with 60 (!) small Cache-Containers (already including a log book), so that each finder can place another cache somewhere.

60 new caches to find.

When you pull the lever on the left, a cache falls down in some sort of chamber in the lower part of the machine.

Now THAT is cool

60 new caches to find.

Which cache is it? I'm off out to Germany tomorrow.

2011-04-30144016.jpg

Hmnn...Never seen one like that before. :rolleyes:

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?

:laughing: Almost as common as the LPC.

OH, look harder. There is 12 caches on the tree, only one has the log. All different colors, it's supposed to be dressed up as a christmas tree. That's why it's call "Twelve days of christmas" twelve caches that look like ornaments on a pine tree. Only one has the cache.

2011-04-30144016.jpg

I thought it was creative, and so did everyone else. Which is why it got 80% favorites. Are you used to this type of cache?

OH, look harder. There is 12 caches on the tree, only one has the log. All different colors, it's supposed to be dressed up as a christmas tree. That's why it's call "Twelve days of christmas" twelve caches that look like ornaments on a pine tree. Only one has the cache.

OK. Not quite as common. But still plenty of them out there. We have one not far from here. We also have one that is a five gallon water cooler jug full of film cans. After that I swore I'd walk away from any such cache I come to. Just take DNF and move on. Thank you very much.

2011-04-30144016.jpg

OK. Not quite as common. But still plenty of them out there. We have one not far from here. We also have one that is a five gallon water cooler jug full of film cans. After that I swore I'd walk away from any such cache I come to. Just take DNF and move on. Thank you very much.

You should have just logged a find along with the statement "trust you'll check your film cans to verify I signed". :lol: