Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

iv been looking through all these ccc for the lase 4 days on ond off and all you guys are really good theres some i have seen before but a lot i have not thanks for all the ideas and keep up the good work. can wate to find some of these kind of hides there going to be fun to look for. :)

Edited by DarkStar4

A GIANT Matchstick container!

Actually, it's a welding rod container from Harbor Freight. $5.99

I'm gonna use it for a cache at a fishing resort in Utah.

dzdlxc.jpg

That looks like that could be a really nice container, assuming that black ring is an o-ring that makes it water resistant. Too bad it's such a bright color but some camo paint should do the trick.

dzdlxc.jpg

That looks like that could be a really nice container, assuming that black ring is an o-ring that makes it water resistant. Too bad it's such a bright color but some camo paint should do the trick.

It's designed to keep welding rod dry. It should be water tight. The question is will it stand up to the elements?

dzdlxc.jpg

I placed one much like this. I made 12" fake matches for it. The hint is "Matchcase" Drives people mad as they search for a small.

Dominoes wanted to show off his new container, that he made for his Bad Boys... cache.

3bc0bd22-2731-4dad-bc5c-605ed9fe4545.jpg

0adcd4b4-f55d-41a0-abe6-7c7ef60a0801.jpg

5f0dc1ee-6649-4654-aec6-b08dac34054b.jpg

Dominoes would have posted this himself, but for some reason he can't log onto the forums.

Being involved with electronics, why do I suddenly have a Borg quote to say about this one...

Resistance Is Futile! :laughing::lol:

Oh, yeah. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this picture but you've obviously beaten me to the punch. I'm just trying to remember back far enough to determine the value of this resistor.......... There are lots of mnemonics to help one remember but the one I originally learned is not really taught these days due the rude nature of the thing. :blink:

Dominoes wanted to show off his new container, that he made for his Bad Boys... cache.

3bc0bd22-2731-4dad-bc5c-605ed9fe4545.jpg

0adcd4b4-f55d-41a0-abe6-7c7ef60a0801.jpg

5f0dc1ee-6649-4654-aec6-b08dac34054b.jpg

Dominoes would have posted this himself, but for some reason he can't log onto the forums.

Being involved with electronics, why do I suddenly have a Borg quote to say about this one...

Resistance Is Futile! :laughing::lol:

I suspect that it will offer very little resistance to the bomb squad, when they vaporize it.

Other than that, it's a nice looking cache.

Now that I've had a few finders, I'll go ahead and post some pics from my latest cache.

-------- SPOILER PICTURES IF YOU'RE HUNTING IN AUSTIN, TEXAS --------

(there, you've been warned)

Hopefully the bomb squad won't be called for this one. :rolleyes:

What seekers find at the coordinates:

seed1.jpg

Then once they look around a bit, they see this in the tree:

bomb3.jpg

A view going up:

bomb2.jpg

And with it open:

bombopen2-1.jpg

It's been getting nice reviews from the folks who have found it so far.

coolest thing I have ever seen I just had to say, that is awesome.

I drove from Tulsa, OK just to hit this cache. It IS that awesome.

I like it, but I fear the other mushrooms will soon be broken pieces on the ground from impatient geocachers.

I pick wild mushrooms. They come back every year. What you see is not the mushroom... its only the "flower" (more or less).

Besides, I cannot imagine cachers breaking off bracket mushrooms just in case there is a cache hidden in one.

I think that is an awesome cache. I have found a couple that were similar, but not done anywhere near as well.

I like it, but I fear the other mushrooms will soon be broken pieces on the ground from impatient geocachers.

shroom2.jpg

Stumbled upon this one the other day. I literally applauded before signing the log.

The tube is held in via a magnet. The faux shroom was some kind of rubbery mold.

...mold, get it? I'm here all week.

I doubt it. It's fairly obvious which is the cache and which is not.

shroom2.jpg

Stumbled upon this one the other day. I literally applauded before signing the log.

The tube is held in via a magnet. The faux shroom was some kind of rubbery mold.

...mold, get it? I'm here all week.

I doubt it. It's fairly obvious which is the cache and which is not.

The way you walk to the cache it's not as obvious. See the 1st picture he posted. The lower real shroom covers the obvious part from the trail. Although I see the real lower mushroom is now cockeyed. I'll have to go out and fix it. It is also on a 1.2 mile loop trail that starts after about a 1/2 mile walk on another trail.

Edited by M 5

Can anybody recognize my cache?

My cache container is one of them :)

treeoflove.png

More close view? Can you see it?? Surely there is!!

lock_cache1.jpg

The cache is like following. I drill a hole on a ordinary locks, and insert a capsule. I think you can now find out :)

IMG_0676.JPG

I have one like that except i removed the cylinder, put a blinkie inside and a fake keyhole over it. it was a tough hide til someone dropped the keyhole in the drink so now the nano just sits inside. its a #2 master lock[they aren't cheap either]

Don't have pictures of thes but they are very unique containers. This one GC13H3A is out in the plain view near a busy road (don't want to give out the rest). It is similar in fact to GC2BRDM. Altogether this area has probably the highest concentration of the cool containers/hiding spots, including GC13H1R and GC178EC.

This one here GC19FMZ definitely deserves some cudos for creativity. :)

Figure those caches are best when you don't know what to expect :grin: Happy Caching!

Here are a few cache containers that I have found photos of. Maybe not my favorites of all time, but some worth posting I think.

5159619133_b0800f827e.jpg

2010-08-17_09-50-47_599 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

5159618859_73970fa587.jpg

2010-08-17_09-11-59_120 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

One of my favorites.

Hey, we found those! They're both in Fredericksburg, VA! The yellow one was tough to get without drawing too much muggles' attention. Definitely a nice hide!

Edited by CluelessnLuV

Can you find the camo 5-gallon bucket cache in this picture?

Oh, that's a good one. After looking at the bottom image, I could go back to the top and see where the mirror was. Now to think of a practical use for this... <evil laugh>

456657c8-3606-43dc-8f80-c9b4caa043bf.jpg

Here it is at a different angle.

a7a1b778-91bd-4724-afcd-54ea10fa2c1a.jpg

It's all done with mirrors :P. It's impractical to have a mirror leaning on a bush like this, but there may be some place the idea could work rather well.

Interesting trick. I'm thinking that you could mount the mirror directly to the cache container, which would be easier on a flat sideded container like a lock n lock or an ammo can. The only problem I would think of would be that mirrors are fragile.

Edited by Dgwphotos

mirrors are fragile.

This one's made of a pretty flexible plastic (still might get brittle outdoors in extreme temp or just due to aging). I've heard of ammo cans being painted in reflective metallics. I wouldn't want to have to make lots of trips to go wash a mirror :P, but I thought it was an interesting enough thing to post a picture of.

Just want to bounce this off some people...I have fashioned camo for a cache that looks like a curled up (non-poisonous) snake. I am somewhat hesitant to place this. What do others think?

Personal observation -- if I came across this, I'd really freak. I'm terribly snake phobic. Could cause some people (like me) real distress. Please reconsider.

Just want to bounce this off some people...I have fashioned camo for a cache that looks like a curled up (non-poisonous) snake. I am somewhat hesitant to place this. What do others think?
Personal observation --if I came across this, I'd really freak. I'm terribly snake phobic. Could cause some people (like me)

I agree. While im not phobic of snakes, I don't like dealing with em, and avoid them unless there's a glass wall between me and the snake. Unless, of course, the snake was clearly and obviously fake, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of the camo, eh?

I guess its like the fake poop camo (which I also dislike)--it may be fake, but who REALLY wants to risk finding out?

Personal observation --if I came across this, I'd really freak. I'm terribly snake phobic. Could cause some people (like me)

I agree. While im not phobic of snakes, I don't like dealing with em, and avoid them unless there's a glass wall between me and the snake. Unless, of course, the snake was clearly and obviously fake, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of the camo, eh?

I guess its like the fake poop camo (which I also dislike)--it may be fake, but who REALLY wants to risk finding out?

We have our share of fake snakes in, under & on caches here in our area. We have a few we plan to add to some new caches we hiding coming up soon :rolleyes:

We have our share of fake snakes in, under & on caches here in our area. We have a few we plan to add to some new caches we hiding coming up soon :rolleyes:

How many times before it all becomes old hat?

I just placed my first cache, and I've made a decision that I don't want to place any plain ole caches out when I place them. For my first one I placed a birdfeeder out in a wooded area by a creek that people fish at. If you look at it, you wouldn't notice anything weird about it, because I have the plastic "windows" covered in birdseed that has been superglued to it. To get to the cache, you have to lift the top off of it, and find it inside. My wife loved it when she saw it.

I don't have any photos of it at the moment, but when I do, I'll post it.

I just placed my first cache, and I've made a decision that I don't want to place any plain ole caches out when I place them. For my first one I placed a birdfeeder out in a wooded area by a creek that people fish at. If you look at it, you wouldn't notice anything weird about it, because I have the plastic "windows" covered in birdseed that has been superglued to it. To get to the cache, you have to lift the top off of it, and find it inside. My wife loved it when she saw it.

I don't have any photos of it at the moment, but when I do, I'll post it.

It sounds like you are going to frustrate a lot of birds. Kind of like super gluing a steak bone to the fence at the local dog park.

:laughing:

I've seen this type done before on a smaller scale, but mine holds a peanut butter jar.

OMG!! Did you drill that out by yourself? That looks like freaking granite! How?

I'm gonna guess either a hammer drill and lots of broken bits or a hammer and a chisel and a LOT of time.

I'm leaning more toward blasting caps and TNT.

456657c8-3606-43dc-8f80-c9b4caa043bf.jpg

Here it is at a different angle.

a7a1b778-91bd-4724-afcd-54ea10fa2c1a.jpg

It's all done with mirrors :P. It's impractical to have a mirror leaning on a bush like this, but there may be some place the idea could work rather well.

With this being right down the road form me, we're going to have to make a drive out to Fayetteville to see this one. This idea is used quite frequently in haunted houses for the ole "sawed in half" character. Neat idea for a cache.

I was on this topic awhile back and there was a picture of a cache that someone said they found in Norhtern Cali. They picture was a plastic rat. I came to look for it again and I cant seem to find the thread and I want to ask the poster what cache it was...is there anyone that can help out here??? I looked many pages back and it may have been removed or erased I just cant find the comment...thanks!

What about plastic apples? Hang one from a tree.

I found a plastic banana in a pine tree. My kids got a kick out of it. It was the first time we found an unusual cache container.

I recently got one that was a plastic peach. http://coord.info/GC1C4DK

To continue the fruit salad theme, there's one near me that's at the edge of an apple orchard that's a fake apple in a tree (not an apple tree). I have also found one that was a fake rutabaga, though it wasn't hidden anywhere near Ithaca's annual "International Rutabaga Curling Championship".

I've seen this type done before on a smaller scale, but mine holds a peanut butter jar.

OMG!! Did you drill that out by yourself? That looks like freaking granite! How?

I'm gonna guess either a hammer drill and lots of broken bits or a hammer and a chisel and a LOT of time.

I'm leaning more toward blasting caps and TNT.

I have access to a core drill...used for drilling holes through concrete. It works fairly well on rocks also.

Edited by jeffrae

What about plastic apples? Hang one from a tree.

I found a plastic banana in a pine tree. My kids got a kick out of it. It was the first time we found an unusual cache container.

I recently got one that was a plastic peach. http://coord.info/GC1C4DK

To continue the fruit salad theme, there's one near me that's at the edge of an apple orchard that's a fake apple in a tree (not an apple tree). I have also found one that was a fake rutabaga, though it wasn't hidden anywhere near Ithaca's annual "International Rutabaga Curling Championship".

I had one it was a resin apple with a bison tube hiding in a pine tree I called it "Pineapple"