Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

There are some lovely oak trees in the park across the street that give HUGE acorns, and I've been wanting to do something with them for a while. So I went to the park with the bitty one today and picked up a likely-looking specimin. Coming soon to a park near me.....

EvilMicro001.jpgEvilMicro002.jpg

:sad: Wow! I'm no so sure I like you very much. Are you planning to hide that amongst the other acorns?

OKok, I was just joking. Don't go getting all worked up over it.

There are some lovely oak trees in the park across the street that give HUGE acorns, and I've been wanting to do something with them for a while. So I went to the park with the bitty one today and picked up a likely-looking specimin. Coming soon to a park near me.....

:sad: Wow! I'm no so sure I like you very much. Are you planning to hide that amongst the other acorns?

OKok, I was just joking. Don't go getting all worked up over it.

No. It's going in a pine tree, 'cause I'm schitz I mean kind like that.

Looking for a cache like that would drive me nuts.

Is that really a drive, or more of a short putt?

Here's one of mine (GC15FG8), it is in place for three years, it was more beautiful in 2007 but after three years, including three winters it still works like new.

DSC00650.JPG

Wow ! That´s cool

Biggi_H

there's one that needs batteries here in Seattle.

They made it so it would take the same batteries that are in your GPS so you could just use what you had.

this one is beautiful, but you might want to consider that if you do another.

I'd have to go out and buy a battery just to use on that one.

Either that, or swipe it out of my smoke alarm and hope there were no fires while I was gone. :sad:

First off I am not connected in any way to this website, I just buy bazooka casings and nuclear weapons from them every so often.

This could be a cool cache container, according to the site these are government spec possible geocache containers.

Delrin Storage Capsule

delrinlarge7.jpg

delrinlarge5.jpg

Original Government Use Unknown. We have a limited overrun of “Waterproof Delrin® Storage Capsules”. We are not quite sure what Uncle Sam is putting in his lightweight capsules, but we are using ours to keep small important items close and secure. Brand new, never used overrun from government contract. Possible uses include: Geo-Caching, Pet Identification, Emergency Cash Stash, Water Purification Tablets, Pill Storage.

Delrin® is a lightweight, extremely stable space age polymer.

Overall Length: 51.8mm or 2”

External Diameter: 15.6mm or .6”

Internal Opening: 10.4mm or .41”

Internal Depth: 38.6mm or 1.5”

Weight 6.8 Grams

Lid is secured via flange to cap seal ( Internal o-ring )

U.S. Made

If James Bond Geocached this would be his micro!! B)

WOW $8.95 for a bison tube. Little pricey for me.

I'm working on a rather large fake log cache right now. I have the inner container and I've got my idea for giving it the shape, texture, weight, and color of an actual log. I would really like it to be good enough that I can set it out in plain sight. It's going to be the final stage in a multicache where each stage will be a different size and will be heavily camouflaged.

Dominoes wanted to show off his new container, that he made for his Bad Boys... cache.

That's awesome... who could 'resist' such a cache. I can't quite make out the multiplier on this one but I'm sure it's off the charts... nice job.

I solved a puzzle cache that used something like that to obtain the coordinates and it was called "Bad Buoys". Since it was in Maine where there are lots of color coded buoys in the waters it would have been really cool if they were buoys which looked like that were stages for a multi/puzzle.

Can you spot it?

The bark piece, dead center, that looks like it's overlapping the bark to the left of it? Maybe? :santa:

Yep, its a very slight overlap. It is more so in the crevice between the two pieces and it stands out a little in the picture. It is actually about 6 feet high and blends in quite nicely when you havent a clue what you are looking for. It was also fresh then and now it has aged a little more like the rest of the bark on the tree. Someone the other day had to call for a hint even though they knew exactly what they were looking for. There is a nano on the underside of the bark.

the tree stump idea didn't work out how I had hoped. materials costs would have pushed it close to $100!

I found a simpler way to camo it with paint and by gluing more camo onto it.

GC2HF4P

The first two stages also have some evil camo. I am hoping the first attempt to find it is a DNF, but I know a couple of cachers in my area who will figure it out eventually, and they've scored co-FTF's on all 3 of my other caches.

Can you spot it?

The bark piece, dead center, that looks like it's overlapping the bark to the left of it? Maybe? :santa:

Yep, its a very slight overlap. It is more so in the crevice between the two pieces and it stands out a little in the picture. It is actually about 6 feet high and blends in quite nicely when you havent a clue what you are looking for. It was also fresh then and now it has aged a little more like the rest of the bark on the tree. Someone the other day had to call for a hint even though they knew exactly what they were looking for. There is a nano on the underside of the bark.

That one would be more devious, I think, if it was placed on the side of the tree with less lichen. Where it is now, the surrounding bark has a good bit of lichen on it.

If part of the weathering-in process has allowed lichen to grow on it, then that'd be the ticket.

I've been reading this thread on and off for three weeks and I'm still only upto page 75, 10 to go - ish.

I don't have any decent pictures of my CCC but I do have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIP_TC6tbE

As stated on a laminated card inside the cache, the log was taken from my mother's private managed woodland and was from a tree that had fallen in heavy winds and was being cut up for removal. I moved it 125 miles to put it in place about a mile from where I live :huh:

(This is a secret GC account & YouTube account as I don't want to give away the hide or puzzle. If you work out who I am please keep it to yourself. Thanks.)

Can you spot it?

The bark piece, dead center, that looks like it's overlapping the bark to the left of it? Maybe? :rolleyes:

That one would be more devious, I think, if it was placed on the side of the tree with less lichen. Where it is now, the surrounding bark has a good bit of lichen on it.

If part of the weathering-in process has allowed lichen to grow on it, then that'd be the ticket.

I am going to go by there and change the log soon so I can relist it. Right now it is attached to a fairly difficult puzzle so it doesnt get found too often. I plan on relisting it as a traditional cache. I will try to get a better picture and put it up to show the other side.

I moved it 125 miles to put it in place about a mile from where I live :anibad:

I hope you didn't move it from an area with emerald ash borer to an area without. Most campgrounds won't even let you bring in firewood from another area because of this concern.

True. I just found out that the guy that has delivered the last two cords of wood for my wood stove can't deliver wood in my area any more since he lives in an area where the ash borer is found.

Our new cache that has yet to be put out is "Raiders of the Lost Cache", or something like that, I have not come up with a good name. It is themed around Indiana Jones and the the Raiders of the Lost Ark. It is made to look similar to the Ark of the Covenant. It is made of some ply-wood, some really old crown molding we found in our basement, and some broom sticks. I need to decorate the lid. The real Ark has angels with spread wings on top and we are trying to figure out how to make those. Like in the movie, this will be hidden in a large cave. This cave is pretty much undiscovered so there won't be any chance of muggling. We have permission from the park. More pictures to come. 2f791ffc-9cf2-4ca4-82cf-a75a37404c05.jpg

Close by where I live there's an amazingly well hidden cache. The amusing thing is that there's an old bird's nest about 10m from GZ that looks like it would be perfect for hiding a micro. I think it's starting to look a bit ratty from people giving it the once over. I'm inclined to attach a tag to it stating "No, this isn't it".

Our new cache that has yet to be put out is "Raiders of the Lost Cache", or something like that, I have not come up with a good name. It is themed around Indiana Jones and the the Raiders of the Lost Ark. It is made to look similar to the Ark of the Covenant. It is made of some ply-wood, some really old crown molding we found in our basement, and some broom sticks. I need to decorate the lid. The real Ark has angels with spread wings on top and we are trying to figure out how to make those. Like in the movie, this will be hidden in a large cave. This cave is pretty much undiscovered so there won't be any chance of muggling. We have permission from the park. More pictures to come. 2f791ffc-9cf2-4ca4-82cf-a75a37404c05.jpg

wow what a cool container. Id go to Pennsylvania just to find that cache!

I moved it 125 miles to put it in place about a mile from where I live :grin:

I hope you didn't move it from an area with emerald ash borer to an area without. Most campgrounds won't even let you bring in firewood from another area because of this concern.

I'd be more bothered about it crossing 3000 miles of Atlantic than the 125 miles I took it by car :anibad:

If my son Indiana Anthony saw this we would have to come to Pennsylvania to find this one!! He loves Indiana Jones. Also did you know that there is a geocoin Raiders of the Lost Cache?

glennk721_trade_blue_Front300.jpg

Here are a few cache containers that I have found photos of. Maybe not my favorites of all time, but some worth posting I think.

5160222602_a21fccc45b.jpg

2010-09-26_18-16-42_354 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

5159619537_9731e8a9b1.jpg

2010-09-20_19-21-24_728 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

5159619363_8614a4d460.jpg

2010-08-24_16-42-21_140 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

Part of a multi...under a rail of a bridge.

5159619133_b0800f827e.jpg

2010-08-17_09-50-47_599 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

5159618859_73970fa587.jpg

2010-08-17_09-11-59_120 by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

One of my favorites.

5159652895_27b5c73d4d.jpg

36003_769875331756_25504996_41525921_4064468_n by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

5160255386_a171e6d82a.jpg

34009_766001854236_25504996_41407599_466272_n by Photos by Dash, on Flickr

Here is one I've been working on. This is not deployed yet. For the description, I was just going to put something like, "log book is in camo film container..."

filmcache.JPG

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but I think I would probably skip something like this. Just my opinion.

So, you really, really mean to tell me that if you had gone through whatever it took to find the cache, if you saw something like that you'd just turn and walk away?

I made this one this morning after one of mine recently got muggled:

geocache_111710_04.jpg

Nice cache...

Anyone want to take bets on when the cache police are going to come out and b*tch that it was... *gasp* somehow or another placed under the surface of the ground? :)

When they do, just point out that it is "buried" in pine needles.

Anyone want to take bets on when the cache police are going to come out and b*tch that it was... *gasp* somehow or another placed under the surface of the ground? :)

I don't recall ever seeing a member of the "Cache Police", (a definition provided by those who feel guidelines should be ignored, given to those who actually cares enough about this game to point out the obvious end results of ignoring guidelines), complaining about caches which have been wiggled into leaf litter. :D

176932_2000.JPG

176932_1800.JPG

176932_1900.JPG

A cache I put out around the end of Dec. the channel for the canister was cut in with a chainsaw.

We found one kind of like this here in our area, but was a larger log cut cross way's, It was then Hinged. They then took a chain saw to hollow out the larger end of the log to hold a 30cal ammo can in it. Was pretty kool hide. I bet we walked past it a few times before we found it,,lol