Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Yeah you guys are right, I made a mistake and I learned from it. The pics have been deleted and I thank you for the way you expressed your concerns rather then others. :P

Thanks!

And thank YOU for realizing that we said what we said not to be mean to you, but to help. I appreciate that, it's quite refreshing :D Hope to see you around here more often :D

I hope that hole was already there and in the shape of that pvc pipe young man!

It was, it's deep grass. And it's sealed...

Edit: To elaborate, I pushed the grass to the side with my hands. No tool was used to bury this cache. It's fescue and I reached the netting that is at the bottom of the grass. Is it now ok? Or should I change it? I'm up to constructive criticism, as I am new to hiding.

Edited by JK kid
Is it now ok? Or should I change it?

Your cache is fine just the way it is. Don't change a thing, unless it gets damp, then cross that bridge when you get to it. Buried caches are a hyper sensitive subject for many cachers, as land managers have denied caching on their properties in the past based solely on the misconception that our game revolves around buried treasure. Hence, most any time a cache that resides even partially below ground level gets displayed, without an explanation, hackles get raised. Judging by your explanation, you read, understood and followed the guidelines, not using any "pointy" thing to hide it. Looks pretty kewl!

I wish I had pictures, we did a series called FARM FRESH, most of the containers were plastic fruit bought at the craft store, used a spade bit to drill out a hole the size of a film can and hid them around in a 25 mile area. They were Farm Fresh, a Red Delicious, Farm Fresh a Banana, etc...the best is Farm Fresh, a Vineyard in the orchard. It is a cluster of Concord Grapes, 15 feet up in an apple tree.

I wish I had pictures, we did a series called FARM FRESH, most of the containers were plastic fruit bought at the craft store, used a spade bit to drill out a hole the size of a film can and hid them around in a 25 mile area. They were Farm Fresh, a Red Delicious, Farm Fresh a Banana, etc...the best is Farm Fresh, a Vineyard in the orchard. It is a cluster of Concord Grapes, 15 feet up in an apple tree.
I had once had one called "Pineapple"... a plastic apple hanging in a pine tree.

this is gonna be a new cache out before halloween :)

2069f7fe-63c1-447e-8501-c9ba3607ea1b.jpg

Wholly..... I just got a good laugh. I just found the exact same rat at a dollar store and have already started converting him.... I thought I'd check the forums to see if there was etiquette for Halloween caches and my original idea isn't that original anymore. ~Reactor_Rat

this is gonna be a new cache out before halloween :)

Wholly..... I just got a good laugh. I just found the exact same rat at a dollar store and have already started converting him.... I thought I'd check the forums to see if there was etiquette for Halloween caches and my original idea isn't that original anymore. ~Reactor_Rat

I bought one of these. I haven't quite figured out what to do with it, yet. (It's a rubber dog toy.)

get a bunch and make a bomb tree 10 miles from anyone.

get a bunch and make a wyle E coyote / road runner series.

put one under a lamppost and wait for that one hapless cacher to come along and get on the news.

Your third suggestion was actually my original idea. Now I'm leaning toward more of a Rocky and Bullwinkle theme. borribadenov.gif

this is gonna be a new cache out before halloween :laughing:

yup dollar store..i guess i just posted first :)

Loving what DukeyDuke did, I modified it slightly to fit things I could find. I used regular hardware instead of the kid proof items. The ammo can is one I found that is slightly larger than a normal can. It is the same width and length, but the height is 11 inches tall. Construction is basically similar to DukeyDuke's design. I used 1/4" dowels for hinges. The final area of the cache is about 4x3.25x4. As for the combination to the first lock, since I'm first using this for an upcoming event, I written it on the container. For placement in the wild, it could be handled where folks have to have the cache page where the combo is given, or a multi where numbers are gained, or a mystery to force folks to figure it out that way. This will be hidden using the classic parallel stick cammo.

d43ad966-9f22-4c60-98b2-a35dbb4b801a.jpg

a28e65aa-6852-4ce5-9792-d08e92d0a0b6.jpg

ab0e89cc-c37c-4a0e-a186-f7d8a4a7af9d.jpg

959730a4-27bb-4d34-8a5b-3caf41381195.jpg

a4aa9768-67cd-4b14-8cdf-15a1e0b53c0d.jpg

Edited by Blaidd-Drwg

Loving what DukeyDuke did, I modified it slightly to fit things I could find. I used regular hardware instead of the kid proof items. The ammo can is one I found that is slightly larger than a normal can. It is the same width and length, but the height is 11 inches tall. Construction is basically similar to DukeyDuke's design. I used 1/4" dowels for hinges. The final area of the cache is about 4x3.25x4. As for the combination to the first lock, since I'm first using this for an upcoming event, I written it on the container. For placement in the wild, it could be handled where folks have to have the cache page where the combo is given, or a multi where numbers are gained, or a mystery to force folks to figure it out that way. This will be hidden using the classic parallel stick cammo.

Looks like a lot of work went into making that. I'm sure cachers will find it to be fun.

This isn't unique, but it was enjoyed for awhile. Had to archive the cache as it went missing more times than I was willing to replace it.

This is going to be perfect for one of my upcoming hides... I really didn't want to just place a nano and be done with it, I wanted something that's more fitting for the situation. Think you might be willing to share what you used to put this together?

This isn't unique, but it was enjoyed for awhile. Had to archive the cache as it went missing more times than I was willing to replace it.

This is going to be perfect for one of my upcoming hides... I really didn't want to just place a nano and be done with it, I wanted something that's more fitting for the situation. Think you might be willing to share what you used to put this together?

Sure. I bought the reflector at our local OSH then bought a round mint/candy container that was red on the outside and was a pretty close match to the size of the reflector. The reflector had sticky tape on the back so I attached the mint/candy container to it so that the opening was facing out. I used velcro on a portion of the candy container and on the surface where it was going. Need to be careful to put the velcro on in such a manner that the cache opening will still work. Very easy to do.

Is that one of them lock-in-lock containers I've been hearing about?

No, a lock-n-lock is a tupperware-type container, where the lid has 4 "tabs" that fold down/snap to the base: one on each side.

This is a lock-n-lock container...

Oh my GOD! Are you OK? Should we call someone? Man! Your leg just came right off when he pulled it.

*checks* Call in the search dogs! One of my legs is missing! I'd help search, but....seeing as I've got limited mobility at the moment....

No, a lock-n-lock is a tupperware-type container, where the lid has 4 "tabs" that fold down/snap to the base: one on each side.

This is a lock-n-lock container...

Oh my GOD! Are you OK? Should we call someone? Man! Your leg just came right off when he pulled it.

*checks* Call in the search dogs! One of my legs is missing! I'd help search, but....seeing as I've got limited mobility at the moment....

;) I'll check here. Are there any identifying marks? Perhaps a tattoo or something?