Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

While hiking to the APE cache we were making jokes about sasquatch poop (when we found some bear scat) because someone mentioned sasquatch sightings in the area during the GW weekend.

This particular poop could be labeled as such... and you do live in Astoria, so the placement would make sense. Just sayin'

Great idea! I might use it for the cache.

If you have ever seen the movie "The Da Vinci Code" you should recognize this.

If I remember the movie (and book) well, dropping the cryptex breaks a glass container full of acid, deleting the coordinates to the next stage. Wow.

I am not going as far as putting the acid/vinegar in the cryptex to delete the coordinates. The Cryptex will be the actual cache container but you will have to figure out the answer to get it open.

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

this is how i do all my log books...i don't enjoy the log books with multiple sheets of paper stapled together and are the worst things to keep organized...trying to roll them back up is just a hassle...this way you just wind the film canister back up and the log book retracts....

Work in progress

bird1.JPG

bird2.JPG

It's hard to tell but it's a bird that's about 4.5 inches tall. I think it's supposed to be a nesting grouse.

What's it made of?

Right now, clay.

I will kiln fire it tomorrow. It will "technically" be ceramic when its done. I made it extra thick so it can handle being dropped in the forest where it will be placed (away from rocks).

I'm thinking it will live in a nest, on the ground.

Work in progress

It's hard to tell but it's a bird that's about 4.5 inches tall. I think it's supposed to be a nesting grouse.

What's it made of?

Right now, clay.

I will kiln fire it tomorrow. It will "technically" be ceramic when its done. I made it extra thick so it can handle being dropped in the forest where it will be placed (away from rocks).

I'm thinking it will live in a nest, on the ground.

Neat. Post a photo when in place. I have thought of doing something similar.

Edited by brslk

Here is 1 I did this week.

All I can see is a little red "X".

Are they hosted on a public website?

They are hosted on Flickr. I really wish that all of the pictures that have been posted to this thread over the years had been posted right here on geocaching.com, so we wouldn't have the broken links on so many of the older threads.

Here is 1 I did this week.

All I can see is a little red "X".

Are they hosted on a public website?

They are hosted on Flickr. I really wish that all of the pictures that have been posted to this thread over the years had been posted right here on geocaching.com, so we wouldn't have the broken links on so many of the older threads.

If TPTB made it easier to upload and manage your images, I would probably place them here. :lol:

BTW, the bricks are just evil. :blink:

Ok going to try this again, some of you were having trouble seeing the last pictures I posted. I made this with a roto-hammer. And placed it in a city park were I noticed a missing brick.

45340537-8e0c-4a2a-976c-d98ff4a7b230.jpg

The brick fit perfect and it has been a popular cache too.

db38b063-6c90-469f-b8d1-f634c57e68ca.jpg

I hope every one can see the pictures now. :blink:

Cheers!

Ok going to try this again, some of you were having trouble seeing the last pictures I posted. I made this with a roto-hammer. And placed it in a city park were I noticed a missing brick.

Cheers!

That is truly evil. What level of difficulty did you rate it?

Ok here is another cache I placed today, the hint for the cache is "Rock & Roll"

bf9ce780-3177-4337-81e4-a33bb8d7e43c.jpg

A roto-hammer will pretty much drill through any thing, but I recommend you stay away from granite rocks, they will take a long time to drill a hole into. Bricks are easy and fast. This Rock took me about 15 minutes to drill a big enough hole for the bison tube.

b1100968-0938-4a41-9075-452edf447ff7.jpg

Cheers!

Cheers!

That is truly evil. What level of difficulty did you rate it?

Level 3

I am going to place this one soon. What are your thoughts and are there any ideas where the perfect location could be?

fe527017-a5b1-4c07-aa45-af7ab349beda.jpg

16afc9af-7832-4c85-a8d7-33c7c9e0bb29.jpg

d53b8e94-89f9-40ca-949a-a67cec6c554a.jpg

Sweet. I was trying to make one just like that. I have temporaraly given up. How did you cut into the baseball. My dremal just kept smoking and making the ball burn rather than cut. And what is the container? A film canister seemed a little to large.

d53b8e94-89f9-40ca-949a-a67cec6c554a.jpg

Sweet. I was trying to make one just like that. I have temporaraly given up. How did you cut into the baseball. My dremal just kept smoking and making the ball burn rather than cut. And what is the container? A film canister seemed a little to large.

Didn't realize I had a recent reply. Sorry this took so long.

The ball is an NCAA approved Diamond practice ball that has a cork center. I used a standard paddle bit and an 18 volt cordless drill. The container is a plastic vial for holding glucose meter test strips (One Touch Ultra) with the label removed and the outer plastic roughed up with sand paper. I trimmed the leather very close and burned down the cloth strings with a palm sized torch. I sprayed the inside with three coats of white primer with 24 hours in between coats because the cork still contains oils that will compromise glue adhesion. I then used a gel super glue from Loctite generously and let it sit for 48 hours to cure completely. I am going to spray the leather with a shoe weatherproofer after handling it with dirty hands a few times to give it color but not allow it to mold.

37385272-a12d-4fa9-9149-3cfaf1b0491b.jpg

Tried posting this earlier, and I'm not seeing it, so I'm trying again. Please forgive me if this shows up twice -- or if the picture doesn't show up at all!

Here's a cache I've put out near a beautiful lagoon. You have to "fish" it out.

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy274/s...th_IMG_0145.jpg

Sorry... we're still not getting it. Your link wants me to log in as you.

Tried posting this earlier, and I'm not seeing it, so I'm trying again. Please forgive me if this shows up twice -- or if the picture doesn't show up at all!

Here's a cache I've put out near a beautiful lagoon. You have to "fish" it out.

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy274/s...th_IMG_0145.jpg

Sorry... we're still not getting it. Your link wants me to log in as you.

Sorry, clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Can someone tell me how to go about posting a picture to this forum?