Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

I might as well post this cache container also,which was found in High Point N.C.

Upon approach:(could be anywhere)??

4677_1056929192524_1504697895_30131106_3664856_n.jpg

Then:

Something looks out of place: :lol:

Disco!! :lol:

Ooooh.... I don't know about this one. It looks like a very cool cache, but unless I'm missing something here, you are also posting a serious spoiler on somebody else's (active?) cache.
I might as well post this cache container also,which was found in High Point N.C.

4677_1056929192524_1504697895_30131106_3664856_n.jpg

Then:

Something looks out of place: :lol:

Disco!! :lol:

Ooooh.... I don't know about this one. It looks like a very cool cache, but unless I'm missing something here, you are also posting a serious spoiler on somebody else's (active?) cache.

My post has been revised so as to not spoil a hide.

Then:

Something looks out of place: :)

Disco!! B)

My post has been revised so as to not spoil a hide.

Ummmm.... no. Not really.

Be willing to give a How To on that one?

yes, but my english is not so good, maybe I will make some picture description

Don't worry about your English, we'll figure it out. Some pictures and some text would be fine. That is one neat cryptex.

Seconded. Use your native language. Someone around here will translate I'm sure.

It looks like you did a fine job.

if they are meant to be found why not just paint them bright orange or red why go to all the trouble of making a cool hide

Why open that can of worms?

What is the sense of having a cache out there if you don't want it to be found?

Interesting caches, cool. Great caches, cool...

Read the threads. Caches that are "evil" aren't widely accepted as cool. NIH hides are the bane of the hobby. Nano's are dreaded. Caches with "soft coords" make people want to hang the cache hider.

A COOL cache is a cool cache. That doesn't mean it should be hard to find.

UGH!

Kryptex again...

[images]

I'd very much like to see how you did this, I have wanted to make a cryptex for a long time.

I want to do a cache based on this idea

906.gif

lol! I was JUST looking at this on Instructables yesterday and thought it would make a really cool cache.

906.gif

lol! I was JUST looking at this on Instructables yesterday and thought it would make a really cool cache.

I was thinking it would be funny to add a latching mechanism so the cover couldn't be lifted unless the "hand" was in the "out" position. Have it set up with a timer so when you flip the switch on, you have to wait for the timer to expire before the switch works again.

It would work like this.

You find the cache and flip the switch. Hand comes out and turns it off.

You flip the switch again and wait. All of a sudden the hand comes out and turns it off again.

Eventually you would have the timing set in your mind or would be holding the lid so when it opens you will be able to flip it open.

A 5 minute timer sounds about right.

Oh yeah, and make it out of a good hefty metal.

Why would anyone in their right mind stick their hand in a hornets' nest or a pile of s**t to get a cache? :)

Don't laugh... One multi I did awhile back, one of the stages, I got close, but couldn't find it, but, DID see something that something left behind.. reddish, small...

1st initial thought: Ewww...

Upon closer look, it seemed matte surfaced. (neither shiney, nor dry..) it just didn't look right.. so, yes, I poked it with my hiking pole's metal tip..

2nd thought: what the he...?

when the tip tapped against it, and it sounded hard as rock, I took the bold step, and picked it up.. only to find a cryo-tube with the next set of coordinates..

Every animal within 2 miles must've thought I lost it, I was laughing so hard.. :(:P:D

I haven't found too many unique cache containers in Iraq. There was one made of PVC with a magnet hidden on the underside of a PVC pipe used as conduit for power cables running across a canal. No pictures, as it was at night on a base I was visiting.

Most hides are small containers such as altoid tins, ice breakers containers, M&M tubes, etc. I've found a few that were velcroed under benches in smoke shakes and bus stops.

This is my bison tube version. I call him Fuzzy-Wuzzy.

6ac3d6e0-0b48-4618-8ed5-56670a782cc3.jpg

Don't worry about your English, we'll figure it out. Some pictures and some text would be fine. That is one neat cryptex.

Seconded. Use your native language. Someone around here will translate I'm sure.

I don´t made new Cryptex, for photos I used some old spares. If somebody knows better text, find some mistakes,or if you have any question, plese send me email - hydrous @ hydrous.cz click for cryptex Sorry about my english ;-)

I don´t made new Cryptex, for photos I used some old spares. If somebody knows better text, find some mistakes,or if you have any question, plese send me email - hydrous @ hydrous.cz click for cryptex Sorry about my english ;-)

That's the best cryptex tutorial I have seen yet. Thank you!

Your english was more then sufficient. Very nice and simple design! Thank you so much.

I can see a whole new series coming out in Pittsburgh PA, Thaml you SO SO much for the directions. I admored thisgreatly when you posted it. Beautiful!!

EXCELLENT!! Thanks!

Awesome! Perfectly usable instructions.

Never apologize for your second language not being perfect. I speak two languages myself. Bad English and worse English.

Here is one I personaly liked. It wasnt the cache that interested me it was the fact that they found an impound inside the base of a tree and put a rock over the opening making it basicly invisible to the naked eye. But When I found it i was so happy. :)

Here is the url when i added the pic,

C:\Users\Mom\Pictures\GEOCACHING ADVENTURE\IMGP1316.JPG

Here is one I personaly liked. It wasnt the cache that interested me it was the fact that they found an impound inside the base of a tree and put a rock over the opening making it basicly invisible to the naked eye. But When I found it i was so happy. :)

Here is the url when i added the pic,

C:\Users\Mom\Pictures\GEOCACHING ADVENTURE\IMGP1316.JPG

Of course pictures on your local drive are not very visible to us.

CRW_3348socket.jpg

I wanted to design a “Wheelchair Accessible” urban one that might be tough for muggles to spot. In the example, it’s on a brick wall, but I’d rather have it on a fence post (and a little higher up for the wheelchair), with no other outlets around, and no wires or conduits. It would have a rough splash of paint to match a painted post. It’s designed to look completely unusable, old, broken, and having no power (hence the fence). Next to a sidewalk (maybe at the Parks Office).

It’s a one-in-a-million hide -- won’t be good just anyplace.

CRW_3347open.jpg

Completely flat fake plug plate is magnetically held to rusty-looking box, bolted to a post. Inside is a flame-orange waterproof match tube.

This one’s pure evil, and should never be done. Ever. Don’t even think about it. :D

CRW_3340coneleaves.jpg

It’s a cast resin "pine cone", painted to match, with a bison tube magnetically held underneath. The whole thing’s magnetically held to a tent stake.

CRW_3341conestone.jpg

CRW_3342coneup.jpg

Close-up of bison tube attached to underside.

CRW_3343coneopen.jpg

Cache log's not shown.

You can’t just drop it on the ground anywhere. It must be away from muggle visitors stepping on it, muggle lawn mowers or leaf blowers, etc. With some thought, you realize it’s got to be in a very well-planned spot.

<snipped bittsen's image of the box that shuts itself off>

Could you please provide a link to the instructions? FOUND IT !!!Thanks

care to share than?

Here it is on Instructables but I think I like this one better as a potential geocache:

shannonultimatemachine.jpg

Thanx for that friend of Chad. I just spent half an hour looking at verious designs of that and now I need to build one.

care to share than?

Here it is on Instructables but I think I like this one better as a potential geocache:

Thanx for that friend of Chad. I just spent half an hour looking at verious designs of that and now I need to build one.

Don't build just one if you somehow intend to use it as a cache container. Build two or three, and place it close to home where you can easily and quickly do the neccessary maintenance. Take it from someone who has placed other high-maintenance caches in the past.

care to share than?

Don't build just one if you somehow intend to use it as a cache container. Build two or three, and place it close to home where you can easily and quickly do the neccessary maintenance. Take it from someone who has placed other high-maintenance caches in the past.

No, not for a cache container.. just for fun. It is actually half done now. My extreme collection of old RC parts has made it a little easier for me then it may for some. (extreme collection is due to crashing many RC planes and a few choppers... plus a few old RC car stuff)

It was my former addiction before I discovered geocaching.

This is cheaper.

care to share than?

No, not for a cache container.. just for fun. It is actually half done now. My extreme collection of old RC parts has made it a little easier for me then it may for some. (extreme collection is due to crashing many RC planes and a few choppers... plus a few old RC car stuff)

It was my former addiction before I discovered geocaching.

This is cheaper.

This seems like a cool idea for a cache

I wanted to point out that there is another way to do this circuitry, that is much simpler (and cheaper if you have to buy the parts) than the instuctables link.

A simple SPST (on/off) switch is used. When a person flips the switch, power is given to the arm motor, which comes out and flips the switch back off, and therefore cuts its own power. A rubber band or spring returns the arm back to its original position. This eliminates the need for the more complex circuts and additional switches.

This seems like a cool idea for a cache

I wanted to point out that there is another way to do this circuitry, that is much simpler (and cheaper if you have to buy the parts) than the instuctables link.

A simple SPST (on/off) switch is used. When a person flips the switch, power is given to the arm motor, which comes out and flips the switch back off, and therefore cuts its own power. A rubber band or spring returns the arm back to its original position. This eliminates the need for the more complex circuts and additional switches.

That was how I thought it would be done. I was surprised when I looked and saw that the actual directions were more complicated that needed.

That was how I thought it would be done. I was surprised when I looked and saw that the actual directions were more complicated that needed.

Of course, the instructables way may be more durable in the long run, as is the case with most cost/functionality trade-offs.

Not always true. It never does to over complicate things. A simple solenoid with a return spring doesn't have much to go wrong. What could fail is easily repaired or replaced cost effectively.

I don't have any pics, but there have been some caches in very amusing shapes:

A cache which was fake dog poo (really!)

A cache where the owner cut open a wooden peg, put the cache in and put the cut out bit back in.

A stage in a multi where the co-ords were stuck to the back of a magnet designed on the front to look like it was supposed to be there.

A cache where the screw on the side of a seat was actually a magnetically attached fake screw with the cache behind it.