Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Due to the fact that the my cache was archived today, I would like to issue an apology to this forum. I implied that I buried the cache at this location with a pointy object. That is in fact false. There was a depression here and I put the pole inside and kicked sand around the edges, stamping things down. No pointy objects were used and I'm sorry if I gave anyone the wrong idea or if anyone thought I was bending the rules. I have offered to meet the reviewer at the site to verify, or change things as necessary. Thank you.

Looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. You said it's a duck.

Sorry, but it looks buried to me. Your use of the word "depression" for what is clearly a hole over 2 feet deep (by your own admission) says to me you're trying to spin things.

Sorry, but it looks buried to me. Your use of the word "depression" for what is clearly a hole over 2 feet deep (by your own admission) says to me you're trying to spin things.

I verified the site with the reviewer prior to my hide (by several weeks - easily verfied by reviewer). So, yes I searched hard for the right placement.

My question now is how do I clear this mess up? I only want to see all the time and effort I put into this cache enjoyed by others. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

I dont want to hyjack this thread so please post to a new topic if you would like to discuss further. Ha ha posted right before me Riffster

Edited by aginsa

I verified the site with the reviewer prior to my hide (by several weeks - easily verfied by reviewer). So, yes I searched hard for the right placement.

Just to clarify. only the general location (based on the coordinates given) was given the OK, as far as proximity issues were concerned. You said nothing about how you intended to place the cache.

One in my area is a 35mm film canister under a lamp post skirting... very clever!

Just kidding - seriously, it is a 35mm film canister, but it is wedged in the bottom of a plastic bird feeder.... maybe not original, but hanging up, it certainly didnt look obvious, until I realized on my 3rd visit that the feeder never seemed to have food in it. The only thing visible was the lid (barely) underneath.

We considered this but eventually scrapped the idea for multiple reasons. (Money and people wouldn't follow the instructions.)

Night cache.

A faux front of a playhouse. Imagine a little window with possible a window planter on the sill. A small kid bench under the window. Have a nicely decorated ammo can under the bench. The window would be a dark plexi glass. There would be a switch attached to the ammo can. A wire with magnet to attach it to the ammo can. When you would pull the ammo can out for your "easy" find it would trigger a light in the window that shines on a scary face/mask behind the window.

We figured at least $100 to build but we really felt that everyone would skip the rule to only find after dark so what would be the point?

hehe

We figured at least $100 to build but we really felt that everyone would skip the rule to only find after dark so what would be the point?

You could have got round that by creating a puzzle night cache which consisted of following firetacks which could only be seen after dark....??

I suppose but the only reasonable place that I could think to put it was on our property which I can't see how the firetacks would work unless I put them on utility poles.

I have just found some many varied and useful sturdy GC containers at my local 99Cents store. I have found many tin boxes and plastic ones for very little cost. Also my local craft store, Micheal's and Jo-Ann's still had many possible GC containers and multi colored duct tape rolls on sale left over from Halloween.

We think our cache the AE2 is pretty cool as it is a remote control submarine. You first have to find the remote control, which operates the cache. The cache is hidden below the surface and the remote control allows the user to raise the sub to the surface. Once you have done with the swaps and stuff you then use the controller to submerge the sub back below the water.

a329ee25-dd34-4de1-960a-28695fad735f.jpg

This cache is so cool! AWESOME!!!! ONE OF BEST CACHES I'VE EVER SEEN (although I haven't seen that many... but still, it counts for something!)!

This cache is so cool! AWESOME!!!! ONE OF BEST CACHES I'VE EVER SEEN (although I haven't seen that many... but still, it counts for something!)!

I have seen quite a few, yet I still have to agree with you (awesome from the finder's standpoint, that is. Very high maintenance for the hider though, I'm sure!!

These pics are of a cache we own. It is placed on our property Therefor we could dig the hole needed to place the post. We are not sure how we thought of this but people seem to have fun hunting it.

well here are the pictures.

cachensfun

Love this one! It is going on my must-do list. I feel a trip to SW Mich in my future. :)

Beast, it's a beautiful thing! :)

Similar to how I do my camo.

If you switch to an adhesive that blends better with the camo, you won't have to worry too much about bits falling off.

I've experimented with several various glues, and I'm stuck on Liquid Nails Roof Repair.

It goes on black, and stays that way.

When I used clear silicon, I found that exposure caused it to turn milky, which really stood out.

Beast, it's a beautiful thing! :)

Similar to how I do my camo.

If you switch to an adhesive that blends better with the cao, yyouyu't have to worry too much about bits falling off.

I've experimented with several various glues, and I'm stuck on Liquid Nails Roof Repair.

It goes on black, and stays that way.

When I used clear silicon, I found that exposure caused it to turn milky, which really stood out.

Thanks Riffster i will try that try i still have four more ammo cans to do how hard does the liquid nails harden? or does it stay rubbery, i am going to cover a can with pine needels and cones with a little dirt, and i am thinking that it would be better hard so it would be less likely that the camo woud fall off due to being handeld

ya i tryed carprnters glue it got good and hard the camo stayed on real good i even put gloves on and rubbed it all over but when i put it out on my porch to see how well it would handel being wet it got all gooy

i should have known that was going to happen

Because the Roof Repair includes asphalt as an ingredient, it maintains a slight degree of flexability.

Just enough to keep from crackling when heat/cold change the size of the container.

Upon deployement, they look like this:

274b4784-62c8-4146-ab40-504cfdf11979.jpg

What happens over time, is the individual pieces of moss get brittle, breaking off near the surface of the adhesive.

If you use a dark adhesive, like the Roof Repair, you end up with a fairly dark, stubbly can, that still blends pretty well.

This can was pulled after a couple years in a wetland:

9b71a26d-c9a5-4455-896d-7d488d8985a2.jpg

Repairs are simple, as you just add another layer of Roof Repair to the stubbly surface, then apply more camo.

Good luck!

Edit to add:

I do Lock & Locks using a similar method.

Roof Repair on the lid, and camo stencil on the sides.

Wiggle it down into leaf litter and it disappears.

Looks like this before it gets hidden:

a5dfe58a-2158-489b-af62-b0a7c85c4d0e.jpg

I don't know if this qualifies as a cool cache container or not but it should end up being cool camo by the time its placed

roach2.JPG

roach1.JPG

I might paint the bison tube to look like a piece of wood or I might just leave it as-is and push it into some moss or something.

I found the cockroach in a cache and traded out for it just because it looked pretty realistic and I wanted to turn it into a cache.

I don't know if this qualifies as a cool cache container or not but it should end up being cool camo by the time its placed

roach2.JPG

roach1.JPG

I might paint the bison tube to look like a piece of wood or I might just leave it as-is and push it into some moss or something.

I found the cockroach in a cache and traded out for it just because it looked pretty realistic and I wanted to turn it into a cache.

If you're ever up in the Kent, WA, area, Prying Pandora has a few caches like this.

This is my most recent hide. Seems to be popular so far and every one likes it. It is a micro, and the log is inside the remote. Worked out nice as the remote had its on water proof gasket.

f08a6767-fb02-4a9d-8466-87198968b108.jpg

I called the cache, "I think I lost my keys!!!"

Already mentioned but thanks for this cache idea! They do pop apart easily with something rigid. I use Tyvek for all my logs in caches like this. They can get soaked and it won't matter.

sdc12093h.jpg

How do you find Tyvek to be used like this? I'd like to get some but only knew of it being used in products.

Glad that I could inspire others!!! I wonder If I am the first. I wouldn't be surprised if I was not, but I would stoked if I was. I thought it was a good Idea.

I actually found the keys I used while I was out caching. Thought I could use them. No worries, they look like they had been there for a long time so I doubt any one was looking for them any more.

I was browsing through this thread this morning, hoping for some evil ideas! It was a good job I did - we decided to go and grab a few caches, and the first find was similar to a couple I saw here. I probably would have passed it by if not for you folks! It was hidden by 1dan and was a great CCCC.

Thanks for such a fun thread - we need an "evil" hide as a revenge to caching friends. All ideas welcome - please!!!

edit - attributed cache hide to wrong cacher

Edited by popokiiti

heres a couple that i have made up but not hidden yet

i still have to touch up were you can see the glue but you cant really see it (it just shows up more in the pic with the flash and all)

7625.jpg

log.jpg

logopen.jpg

Have to remember these pics when looking for your caches Beast! :) We are also from the Land of the NW and ND, and met you at the Cadboro Bay Event for Bleuet and Thinkerbell and family.

We have a multicache with a few interesting containers...

1. A hole drilled in a tree, with the bark used to make a plug for the hole with cache inside. It is nearly invisible, even from 3 feet away, even when you know exactly what you are looking for.

2. A huge machine bolt (5" long, 1" thick) that was screwed all of the way into a tree, above head hight. You had to get the right sized wrench, unscrew it for about 20 minutes, retrieve the micro from inside the bolt, and then put it all back, including screwing it all of the way back in. The challenging part was that there were several of these bolts in the tree (each required a different wrench), and only one had the cache in it. Naturally, cachers started with the lowest bolt because it was easiest to reach, and it just so happened that the one with the cache in it was the highest. :rolleyes::D;)

The average completion time for this multi, including all 6 stages, was about 9 hours.

Edited by rudolphs

We have a multicache with a few interesting containers...

1. A hollowed out brick

2. A hole drilled in a tree, with the bark used to make a plug for the hole with cache inside. It is nearly invisible, even from 3 feet away, even when you know exactly what you are looking for.

3. A huge machine bolt (5" long, 1" thick) that was screwed all of the way into a tree, above head hight. You had to get the right sized wrench, unscrew it for about 20 minutes, retrieve the micro from inside the bolt, and then put it all back, including screwing it all of the way back in. The challenging part was that there were several of these bolts in the tree (each required a different wrench), and only one had the cache in it. Naturally, cachers started with the lowest bolt because it was easiest to reach, and it just so happened that the one with the cache in it was the highest. :):D:D

The average completion time for this multi, including all 6 stages, was about 9 hours.

:rolleyes::D;):D:D:D:):)