Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

There are a few of these in the latest Ohio State Parks challenge. The two I did were mystery caches. The one sent you to coords and told you a direction and to walk so many paces. It was up in a crook of a tree staring at you. Even in daylight it was a bit freaky.

045bef20-bbbb-41f0-9947-0bd1b69a0c5e.jpg

I have had similar experiences with pottery. This is one of my pottery collection that I've hidden sometime ago together with trad geocache as geocacher confuser:) Works pretty well.

Seen At night by one geocacher, that was really scared...

d87a7bc5-d01c-4523-952b-c156944592ab.jpg

Seen at daytime,

f37ae60f-40c5-40fa-9cfc-73045640bc1f.jpg

I know PVC cache containers are not that unusual. But this one is made out of 8 in. PVC and is 65 in. tall. For an idea of the size of the container, I am 6'4" tall and weigh 225 lbs.

145677_1600.JPG

hiding rifles for doomsday?

:)

What do you sign the log book with? A jackhammer?!

:-) ... You're funny. :-)

Coincidentally enough, though, that is how Chuck Norris signs his checks.

A friend of mine that knew I was into geocaching came across Baby Soda Bottles on a website:

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/003903.php

Apparently they are the plastic pop bottles before they are heated and stretched out...waterproof and very strong.

Anybody ever try them?

I read the site you quote and I ordered, among other things, three of the containers to which you refer. Mine have white lids. I haven't put them out yet, but they do seem to be VERY strong. They come with the lids not screwed on all the way because they are pop bottle lids with the ring still attached. The inside seems to be very very close to the same diameter as the mouth opening, maybe just a tiny bit bigger.

It's cute. Not sure where you would hide it though.

I'm going to hang it like on ornament on a Christmas tree. Not too high. My wife hates "pokey" evergreens so she said I couldn't hang it there. :)

I'm waiting for the LEXEL to cure.

*The only bad part is people who don't look for my cache will think I can't spell. :P:D

Edited by Knight2000

I'm sure a few of these have been posted over the last 3300 responses, but it was new to me and I thought it was pretty cool. Guess which one is the actual cache:

HPIM4128.jpg[/img]

You probably can, but here, I'll turn it around just to make sure.

HPIM4132.jpg

I thought that someone had left their gpsr at the site, and laughed when I realized that the cache was the gpsr! The log is in a bison tube along with a pencil in the battery compartment. I should have had betteries to put in it to see if it still worked!

I think this is the same model my dad spent about 500 bucks on back in 1998; I still remember being amazed that we could watch a little line being drawn on a greyscale screen while we drove.

Already mentioned but thanks for this cache idea! They do pop apart easily with something rigid. I use Tyvek for all my logs in caches like this. They can get soaked and it won't matter.

sdc12093h.jpg

Doh!

Didn't find the cache but did find your keys (seriously, I do have them). email me to set up a meet.

Serves you right!!

~LMAO~

:blink:

I just posted a new cache today, waiting for it to get approved, but it was a little waterproof case for credicards and money, i wrapped it in Duct tape, and glued some spanish moss on the outside of the case. Then hung it in a tree full of spanish moss! Its a little tree so if you look close you see it, but i thought it was clever... I just hope it lasts!!! (will try to post a pictures soon.)

Already mentioned but thanks for this cache idea! They do pop apart easily with something rigid. I use Tyvek for all my logs in caches like this. They can get soaked and it won't matter.

sdc12093h.jpg

Doh!

Didn't find the cache but did find your keys (seriously, I do have them). email me to set up a meet.

Need some help. Could anyone give me ideas on how to do a writeup on this cache so people won't take the keys but it also doesn't spoil the surprise. My first writeup didn't work so well. :blink:

*edit- Here is my second writeup on "Don't push the panic button".

This cache is placed to help me remember a fun times when the kids were younger. It seemed they always found the panic button on the key fob and then you would hear a the horn crying. Kids are crazy. Someone was always saying: "Don't push the panic button!"

Maybe add: "So if you find it, don't push the panic button!" I'm cool with changing the name. In fact, I don't even like the name much. We love thinking of fun, fitting names but we had a hard time with this one.

Edited by Knight2000

sdc12093h.jpg

Doh!

Need some help. Could anyone give me ideas on how to do a writeup on this cache so people won't take the keys but it also doesn't spoil the surprise. My first writeup didn't work so well. :blink:

This cache is placed to help me remember a fun times when the kids were younger. It seemed they always found the panic button on the key fob and then you would hear a the horn crying. Kids are crazy. Someone was always saying: "Don't push the panic button!"

I'm cool with changing the name. In fact, I don't even like the name much. We love thinking of fun, fitting names but we had a hard time with this one.

I don't know if it's so much the write-up or the presentation.

Perhaps you could attach a small chain or something to make the keys "stay" where they are. That would get people to wondering why "lost" keys would be attached to a tree.

Also, write "cache" on the remote, or get a dogtag with the cache ID and verbage stating that they found the cache.

If there's anything attached to the keyring, people will more than likely look at it.

Perhaps you could attach a small chain or something to make the keys "stay" where they are. That would get people to wondering why "lost" keys would be attached to a tree.

Also, write "cache" on the remote, or get a dogtag with the cache ID and verbage stating that they found the cache.

If there's anything attached to the keyring, people will more than likely look at it.

Maybe use what you both said. Call it "the keys to geocaching" and then put a tag on the keys that says the title along with the game piece do not remove info.

I'll do that. Thanks guys! (err. if bittsen is a guy. I'm not sure.)

Edited by Knight2000

sdc12093h.jpg

Doh!

Maybe add: "So if you find it, don't push the panic button!" I'm cool with changing the name. In fact, I don't even like the name much. We love thinking of fun, fitting names but we had a hard time with this one.

Call it "Push the panic button".

Paint a geo-logo on the back of the fob.

This cache has a funny story. The FTF did not really find it. They saw that I disabled it and they had put it back in a slightly different spot so they emailed me. They found a film can with a magnet and new log. LoL. :laughing: Someone else must have had a cache there and not yet tried to publish it because I clearly did not hide a film can. :lol:

Then the second searcher comes out and can't find the cache but finds my keys. Er, wait. They did find the cache.

So FTF really doesn't find it but logs and find and STF really finds but logs a DNF. :blink:

This is weird... :laughing::laughing:

Edited by Knight2000

Maybe use what you both said. Call it "the keys to geocaching" and then put a tag on the keys that says the title along with the game piece do not remove info.

I'll do that. Thanks guys! (err. if bittsen is a guy. I'm not sure.)

Cut the tips of the keys off maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Then no one would think that they go to anything anymore.

open.gif

Thats just wrong :blink: unless there is a good hint

Actually, I enjoy a challenge. I think it actually takes a lot of work to make something blend in so well with its natural environment. Its all good as far as Im concerned. I probably would email the cacher when I get hom to say well done, I like your thinking.

What skill is there in using a GPS to go to an accurate location where something blindly obvious will be found. Bring it on!! Thats what I say!!

EXTRA_LONG_GRAIN_BASMATI_RICE_PUNJAB.jpg

Sweet, check out this new cache container.. it's the one right there in the middle, to the left a bit. I planted this cache next to a sidewalk outside a church, following a wedding. Good luck with it.

Do we need to bring our own pen? I did something similar only I hollowed out a piece of couscous. :blink: Sorry I couldn't resist. Swizzle

You are kidding right?? Wont that just get swept up? You are kidding?? right? If not where did you get the log?

Forgive me, my name is clueless for a reason.

Claire

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2643/392455..._4369627930.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2439/392455..._9ab3091e80.jpg

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and have gotten some great ideas from the many posts here. I thought you all might enjoy having a look at one of my nano caches that I have out. I hope the picture comes through as it keeps telling me to insert a url but it doesnt say where to insert it...LOL....a person could really take that and run with it!! :blink:

Edited by BearCreek Bandits

I know the birdhouse cache has been done and redone, but mine has got a little twist to it. Thought you might like it!

2908146350028999818S425x425Q85.jpg2443026340028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

I can't help but paint my boxes. I love to make them either merge with their environment, or to paint them according to the theme, well, simply customize my trusty Lock-n-Locks.

Here's another box set, the cache and four stages for a big mystery-multi I just published. I am not spoiling much, it's not like many of our local cachers were forumers!

Enjoy!

2856054780028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

I know the birdhouse cache has been done and redone, but mine has got a little twist to it. Thought you might like it!

2908146350028999818S425x425Q85.jpg2443026340028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

I can't help but paint my boxes. I love to make them either merge with their environment, or to paint them according to the theme, well, simply customize my trusty Lock-n-Locks.

Here's another box set, the cache and four stages for a big mystery-multi I just published. I am not spoiling much, it's not like many of our local cachers were forumers!

Enjoy!

You do an amazing job on your cache containers! What type of paint are you using on the lock'n lock's?

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and have gotten some great ideas from the many posts here. I thought you all might enjoy having a look at one of my nano caches that I have out. I hope the picture comes through as it keeps telling me to insert a url but it doesnt say where to insert it...LOL....a person could really take that and run with it!! :huh:

LOL! That's hilarious!! Looks like you have it under a porch or somewhere where one might expect to see a mousetrap?

You know, rather than posting the pictures to sites like flickr, you can just post them to your gallery (via a note on a cache page (preferably your own cache) (you can delete the note afterward). And use the "Insert Image" icon image.gif, not the "Insert Link" icon hyperlink.gif.

Enjoy!

I'm curious, what's the theme?

The theme is viking, the box is painted with (some of) the panels of the famous Bamberg casket which was lost (stolen?) during WW2.

The cache has been placed on 15th September 2009, 2nd anniversary of our viking wedding, in the area where we held the ceremony and party!

The cache is GC1XMM6, if you're interested.

You do an amazing job on your cache containers! What type of paint are you using on the lock'n lock's?

Before all else, I carefully depolish my boxes with sandpaper and apply covers on the places I do not want paint on (read : place for labels on the small boxes) The I use spray paint, mostly. I like to use a layer of dark brown as base layer. Then the small boxes are sprayed with a very nifty spray paint with granit effect and that's it! The large box was then repainted by hand with gouache. I apply a layer of transparent lacquer as finish. So far, it's been quite resistant on the boxes that are out there!

Edited by mar-elendili

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and have gotten some great ideas from the many posts here. I thought you all might enjoy having a look at one of my nano caches that I have out. I hope the picture comes through as it keeps telling me to insert a url but it doesnt say where to insert it...LOL....a person could really take that and run with it!! ;)

Brilliant!

Got to "borrow" the idea ...

Wish I had taken a picture of it and I might have to run back out there just to have it for my collection. Cache GC1Y1RD is called "Don't Rush Me" and the CO took a snail shell, filled it with foam and put a small capsule in there for the log and placed it at the base of a myrtle covered loosely by mulch. One of the best I've seen so far.

Wish I had taken a picture of it and I might have to run back out there just to have it for my collection. Cache GC1Y1RD is called "Don't Rush Me" and the CO took a snail shell, filled it with foam and put a small capsule in there for the log and placed it at the base of a myrtle covered loosely by mulch. One of the best I've seen so far.

Wouldnt Thrushes try to smash it open? Actually do you even get Thrush birds over there? I dunno, but I know they like smashing snail shells open..

open.gif

Thats just wrong :laughing: unless there is a good hint

Actually, I enjoy a challenge. I think it actually takes a lot of work to make something blend in so well with its natural environment. Its all good as far as Im concerned. I probably would email the cacher when I get hom to say well done, I like your thinking.

What skill is there in using a GPS to go to an accurate location where something blindly obvious will be found. Bring it on!! Thats what I say!!

As cool as this one is, and I do think it's cool, it brings back memories of shifting through mulch in a city park and finding a needle. Certianly not the hider's fault, but something to be wary of.