Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

My wife's of course! :laughing:

Ah-ha! That explains it.

She wouldn't like this. (The Midnight Princess aka The Puff aka Miss Puff aka Cherries aka Cherry Puffies.) I'm proud that she is my daughter and for some reason she's a daddy's girl. Impossible you say!? :anicute: She doesn't appear to be hellraiser like me. That's probably a good thing.

She hid her first cache this week.

My wife's of course! :laughing:

Ah-ha! That explains it.

She wouldn't like this. (The Midnight Princess aka The Puff aka Miss Puff aka Cherries aka Cherry Puffies.) I'm proud that she is my daughter and for some reason she's a daddy's girl. Impossible you say!? :anicute: She doesn't appear to be hellraiser like me. That's probably a good thing.

She hid her first cache this week.

And only about 200 miles from here. There is a chance that I will get there some day.

WOW I am thunderstruck by some of these.

I have not read all the entries but here is one I found--

GC1M70C

Sorry-I havent figured out how to post a link and dont have any photos.

However the photo is shown with the listing. This is rated a 1/1 as it is sitting on the front porch of a house on a paved street about 2 blocks off a major Highway and you have permission to park in the driveway. How easy can you get.

ltlpink

I went to a MEGA event in my town (weston-super-mare, UK) and they had a cache container competition and i was cheeky enough to take some snap shots (they arnt very good pictures, il warn u now!) But here they are:

Try to resize them next time. They are too big for the forums.

Next time? No... please delete and resize. They distort the entire page. They're also out of terribly focus and have no comments to put them into context. Thanks for trying to contribute, but please delete and start over.

Next time? No... please delete and resize. They distort the entire page. They're also out of terribly focus and have no comments to put them into context. Thanks for trying to contribute, but please delete and start over.

They took away the edit features. :(

They took away the edit features. :(

Are you sure? I thought I edited one just the other day. The edit only lasts for 24 or 48 hours though.

Jim

Edit: it is still there.

Edited by jholly

They took away the edit features. :)

Only from you apparently. LOL! Really makes me wonder why. :(

[edited to prove that I can edit.]

[edited the next day to prove that I can still edit it the next day]

Somewhere deep in the archives of this forum, there is a thread/post about an even smaller nano than the one by RykoalaTeam. Maybe someday I'll try to search for it.

Edited by knowschad

Are you sure? I thought I edited one just the other day. The edit only lasts for 24 or 48 hours though.

Edit: it is still there.

Once the edit option evaporates, one only has to put resized images on the host location and keep the

same image file names... the Forums just keep the same links, but to different sized pictures.

Takes a little bit of recording of names though... do it all the time in the avatar creation thread.

But it does NOT edit the forum message itself.

Doug 7rxc

Hello everybody, I've looked over this thread and love the caches! There's some great ideas in here. I thought I'd share what around here is the smallest cache yet seen. One cacher with over 1500 caches said that for him this redefined what a cache could be.

ultrapico1.JPG

ultrapico2.JPG

The cache is a small capacitor taken from a broken piece of electronics. I used a razor blade to cut off the label, exposing the aluminum shell. Then I cut it down with the razor, rolling it back and forth under a straight blade. That exposed the insides which I then removed. Lastly, I super glued a shard of a hard drive magnet to it. You can see that the log is extremely small and is exposed. That's usually not a problem, as you can put this well out of the weather.

I put one of these on a ghost bike (a white painted bike as a memorial to a downed cyclist) and painted it white. It took 4 days of intense searching to be found! The next one will be not as easy ;-)

I hope this concept will inspire some seriously evil hides outside of the Reno NV area ;-)

Hello everybody, I've looked over this thread and love the caches! There's some great ideas in here. I thought I'd share what around here is the smallest cache yet seen. One cacher with over 1500 caches said that for him this redefined what a cache could be.

ultrapico1.JPG

ultrapico2.JPG

The cache is a small capacitor taken from a broken piece of electronics. I used a razor blade to cut off the label, exposing the aluminum shell. Then I cut it down with the razor, rolling it back and forth under a straight blade. That exposed the insides which I then removed. Lastly, I super glued a shard of a hard drive magnet to it. You can see that the log is extremely small and is exposed. That's usually not a problem, as you can put this well out of the weather.

I put one of these on a ghost bike (a white painted bike as a memorial to a downed cyclist) and painted it white. It took 4 days of intense searching to be found! The next one will be not as easy ;-)

I hope this concept will inspire some seriously evil hides outside of the Reno NV area ;-)

You should hide it in the woods. :(

ultrapico1.JPG

That may well be the smallest cache that contains a log, but GC705E claims to be the smallest ever (although it would not be allowed today)

28766_300.jpg

Edited by knowschad

YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO. BEST CACHE EVER MADE>

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...c7-767bdd612f6f

Or

:(

What do you ride? I have an '87 Mongoose Decade in aqua. It is the bike I always wanted as a boy but never could have.

I don't think I like those tiny ones above. I don't like nanos either. I like well thought out containers that are made to fit their environment. Anyone can go stick a nano on something.

Aren't nanos magnetic? I couldn't get the last one I found to stick to anything. :)

Edited by Knight2000

YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO. BEST CACHE EVER MADE>

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...c7-767bdd612f6f

That one is really creative. I hate the idea of the electrical box though. I would mark it with the GC number instead. I have an electrical box mounted on a sign at a historical society. It is painted to match the sign and has the GC number on the front. It just has maps inside it.

This has inspired me to post another idea. I made this two years ago but it has been sitting in my caching stuff. Now my daughter wants to place it.

169ktpv.jpg

6hkda1.jpg

This is another idea for a mystery. You can get these and program them to your liking. (This one is from a Thing Fling mystery box so it cannot be programmed. I am going to leave it in a cache.

1570wm9.jpg

ultrapico1.JPG

ultrapico2.JPG

Being completely honest. I hope I never run across one of these hides. I don't see them as evil. I see them as a worthless PItA.

ANYONE can hide something so tiny it looks like a piece of junk. It's not clever.

JMO

Being completely honest. I hope I never run across one of these hides. I don't see them as evil. I see them as a worthless PItA.

ANYONE can hide something so tiny it looks like a piece of junk. It's not clever.

JMO

I agree. In my mind it isn't about being tiny. It is about being a little interesting and different. I don't want the finder to be mad that they wasted their time looking for my cache.

This thread inspired me. Thank you for all of the great ideas.

sdc12089.jpg

JMO

I can understand your point. The idea of these itty bitty caches isn't necessarily the cache itself. Its knowing that the cache is RIGHT THERE but because it is so small it looks like a bit of dirt that got painted along with the objects its attached to.

With things like this, its all about placement. The original was on a bike and hidden on the derailer in a gap. It was in very obvious plain sight, and still took a long time to find.

I could easily see these being done as an LPC style cache. Pointless and uncreative. As with many caches, its not the container, its the placement and the camo.

JMO

I agree. In my mind it isn't about being tiny. It is about being a little interesting and different. I don't want the finder to be mad that they wasted their time looking for my cache.

This thread inspired me. Thank you for all of the great ideas.

sdc12089.jpg

See? Now you are talking.

A simple note on the cache page that you accidently lost your phone while placing the cache. Ask that anyone who finds it contact you.

I like clever. I don't like evil. It's too easy to be evil. Heck, just place coords for a cache that doesn't exist. Or get a silicon chip maker make you a cache thats only microns across.

Clever hides are.....clever....

A simple note on the cache page that you accidently lost your phone while placing the cache. Ask that anyone who finds it contact you.

I like clever. I don't like evil. It's too easy to be evil. Heck, just place coords for a cache that doesn't exist. Or get a silicon chip maker make you a cache thats only microns across.

I always say that I try to make our caches memorable. Not memorable in a bad way though!

How many times have your grabbed a LPC or a pill bottle in a bush? Can you remember each location? Now... can you remember each cache that you had to lower it down with a rope? Much more likely. You get my idea.

I'm not like you though. I do like evil hides! I wish there were more near me that I could search for.

I always say that I try to make our caches memorable. Not memorable in a bad way though!

How many times have your grabbed a LPC or a pill bottle in a bush? Can you remember each location? Now... can you remember each cache that you had to lower it down with a rope? Much more likely. You get my idea.

I'm not like you though. I do like evil hides! I wish there were more near me that I could search for.

It depends on the type of evil. A speck cache is not my thang.

I have found some caches that I would have considered "evil" but I prefer the word devious. Evil implies the cache owner intends to inflict pain (whether emotional, mental or physical) and since I'm not a masochist, I would prefer to not look for those. Devious though, sure.

What if someone takes the phone and then contacts me trying to give it back? I can see this happening. :(

Edited by Knight2000

ultrapico1.JPG

ultrapico2.JPG

JMO

Don't you have someplace to be?

JMO

I don't think so. Did I miss an appointment or something?

JMO

I don't think so. Did I miss an appointment or something?

EXTRA_LONG_GRAIN_BASMATI_RICE_PUNJAB.jpg

Sweet, check out this new cache container.. it's the one right there in the middle, to the left a bit. I planted this cache next to a sidewalk outside a church, following a wedding. Good luck with it.

EXTRA_LONG_GRAIN_BASMATI_RICE_PUNJAB.jpg

Sweet, check out this new cache container.. it's the one right there in the middle, to the left a bit. I planted this cache next to a sidewalk outside a church, following a wedding. Good luck with it.

Do we need to bring our own pen? I did something similar only I hollowed out a piece of couscous. :rolleyes: Sorry I couldn't resist. Swizzle

This is another idea for a mystery. You can get these and program them to your liking. (This one is from a Thing Fling mystery box so it cannot be programmed. I am going to leave it in a cache.

1570wm9.jpg

I have one of these in my geo rubbermaid container waiting to be used for a cache I have not developed yet. It has just enough digits to enter a waypoint.

Here is one I really liked. It is from an cache we found two years ago which is now archived.

-- snip --

What, no one else mentioned the burued part of the cache?? :rolleyes::huh:

Welcome to geocaching. Bend it anyway you like. Lots of caches bend the rules.

Also it is possible that a pointy object was not used to place this cache.

I am doing something similar. 1. I dug a hole to place a large stump in, and my rev, wouldn't allow it. Said it needed to be above all if not most of the way. Ex: Putting just enough of a hole to make it hard to remove. Picture a golf ball tee with somethinbg the size of a superball to tghe size of a golf ball on it. That is the basic picture. 2. He said if it was on my or another geocachers' property and they okayed it, it might be oaky as long as they didn't have a problem with you messing up the yard a bit during prep. and hiding it and as long as you cleaned up afterwards.

I am hollowing it out, although I have to let it dry out a little bit more I found out.

Wow, I am astounded at the negativity in this forum regarding my cache idea. I come out of the wood work once in a while. Look at my post count, look at my join date. You think I wanted to share my idea so that it could be badmouthed? If you don't like it, fine, but there's no need to mock it or speak so negatively about it. Around here people loved it and I was hoping to share the fun.

How about we keep the ideas coming and leave the negativity at the login screen? I think that would be a lot better.