Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Let's please get this thread back on topic and not derail it with a bunch of chatter. Its too good to see it closed. Create a new thread if you have a problem with somebody else's comment, OK? Thanks.

I split the glass comments and the threat to me out to another thread..

My new lamp post cache, just got published:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f127/Hon...ostCache022.jpg

I really wish all caches would be so easy to spot

Easy to spot, yes, but not easy to get to! It's about a 3/4 mile hike up a gravel road with a total of about 500 feet elevation change, and the last 200 feet of the hike is about 80 feet elevation change with no trail. Figured I would make the search easy as reward for the hike :) Already been found twice, and both people enjoyed it a lot, so I'm very happy with it!

Yikes - and you lugged a lightpost up all of that? What a neat cache!

Here is my latest Cache Design, It is for an Letter Box Hybrid. The stamps where glued in place and the about 10 layers of varnish to protect them. I will be placing this one out soon.

TheCache.jpg

Expanding on a theme? Nicely done. Did you carve the stamp?

Thanks, and Yes I did carve the stamp.

Here's one I've had out for about a month now, so far 1 find, at least 5 DNFS:

06859cac-9f5c-4ae8-be29-6ebd32189b06.jpg

Can you find it?

I'll post the answer in a few weeks.

Well, it's time...

I took a film can and glued dirt to the top, then stuck it into a little PVC pipe I stuck in the ground. Several more DNFs have added up. :unsure:

Well here are some more i made. I plan to glue a rock on the other jar and the tylenol container. So what do you think.

0621091321.jpg

This clearly has to be a joke.

And if it ain't, you should also know that using glass jars is generally considered a no-no. Glass has been known to break and I've been known to CITO glass.

Clearly your comment must be a joke. Are you implying you destroy someones cache if it doesnt fit to your guidelines? Im so sick of the "greater then thou geocachers".

the Geo-mafia is gonna get yea becareful!!

Yeah right on to to the guy above me. But to the other guy, like you would really CITO my cache...... and if you did your one big dumba** excuse my french. Come on people. Don't talk crap unless you want to be put down by a 15yr old.....OWNED!!!!!

Got one of these for $7 the other day:

979.jpg

I've got a log inside a bison tube in it, now to get some camo tape and find a place to hide it.

I had a heck of a time finding one of these. I checked Target, Wal-Mart, and a couple hardware stores. Some internet research revealed that it is a Master Lock model 5408D and Amazon.com carries them. There is also a camouflaged version! (5408DCAMO)

According to the reviews posted, they're lousy at what they're intended to do. Not enough room inside and not waterproof but they should make great cache containers! I can't wait to get mine placed...

176932_2000.JPG

176932_1800.JPG

176932_1900.JPG

A cache I put out around the end of Dec. the channel for the canister was cut in with a chainsaw.

Anyone who wants one of these micro caches, if cachengrab has not already offered them, just contact me, we'll negotiate a price including handling & shipping, perhaps I'll just "have" to come out of retirement!

WOW

This clearly has to be a joke.

And if it ain't, you should also know that using glass jars is generally considered a no-no. Glass has been known to break and I've been known to CITO glass.

Clearly your comment must be a joke. Are you implying you destroy someones cache if it doesnt fit to your guidelines? Im so sick of the "greater then thou geocachers".

the Geo-mafia is gonna get yea becareful!!

Yeah right on to to the guy above me. But to the other guy, like you would really CITO my cache...... and if you did your one big dumba** excuse my french. Come on people. Don't talk crap unless you want to be put down by a 15yr old.....OWNED!!!!!

Check out that this has been split out into its own topic. Grow up.. and at 15, you don't own jack. When you're ready to contribute to the Cool Cache Container thread, feel free to return.

OK, I like this thread so much I guess I can contribute once in a while. Sorry, nothing good & evil though...

I swear, there should be some clearing house for "anonymyzing" submissions to this thread. I'd submit more, for sure...

So here is one I slapped together. I'm most proud of the fact that it replaced an LPS...

A fun quick grab if you are paying attention. Enjoy

photo2-1.jpgcm1-1.jpgcm2-1.jpg

OK, I like this thread so much I guess I can contribute once in a while. Sorry, nothing good & evil though...

I swear, there should be some clearing house for "anonymyzing" submissions to this thread. I'd submit more, for sure...

So here is one I slapped together. I'm most proud of the fact that it replaced an LPS...

AWSOME!!

Darn right mean. Great hide!

geo.jpg

geo1.jpg

i have not hide this yet but it will but im thinking of saying that it's in the backseat of my broken down ford explorer

Heeeeey! I just found this with my husband a few days ago! One of my favorite hides!! I just get so tired of the same old, same old so this was a very nice surprise. Liked the name, too. Yes, I hope it doesn't get muggled!!

:P:P:)

Built a cache from some odd bits a couple days ago. Would love to have posted it, but I see DZ has posted in this thread, so glad I didn't. Now he has found the cache I may swing by this morning and photograph it. People still need to solve the puzzle :P

Also, I have a bucket of plaster just itching to sculpt something... anything really :P

Edited by DragonsWest

One of my own caches, my favorite one in fact! It's a rubber bat from the Halloween clearance rack. We cut of its head, secured a large pill pottle inside its neck with epoxy. Secured the pill bottle cap inside the head with epoxy. You screw off the head to open it. Cache name: "I'd lose my head if it wasn't screwed on!"

We checked on it today and were pleasantly surprised with all the screwing-on and screwing-off of the head, it's still secured quite well. Glad it's holding up, folks just love this one!

Happy caching!

PS I tried to post 2 pictures of it from Flickr, but I keep getting an error, hmmmmm.........

not waterproof but they should make great cache containers!

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

With a just a logsheet in a ziplock inside, it would be a lousy cache container if placed in a spot where it could get wet.

Much like bramasoleiowa suggested, I use a bison tube inside of mine. The container is just big enough for a bison tube and a pencil. Unlike typical keyhiders, it does have a drain hole on the bottom so moisture won't build up inside.

The Master container is well made and should hold up to plenty of cacher abuse.

Amazon also sells a similar container made by GE. You can get them with a cable like the Master or a rare earth magnet. They have resettable combinations but they're made from plastic instead of metal. I have one of these out as well (also with a bison tube inside) to see how it holds up. With the programmable lock, these may be good containers to use as stages in a multi. (If properly prepared for the elements, of course...)

Edited by kingsting

geo.jpg

geo1.jpg

i have not hide this yet but it will but im thinking of saying that it's in the backseat of my broken down ford explorer

I would LOVE to find this cache! Well done.

Bruce

Hey Mospeed1 where did you get the container? I got two of those from the hospital when we had my baby girl. :(

ya the container is from the hospital it's to hold milk i have about 3 clean ones (never used)left and then i also have some smaller ones from the hospital with screw on caps.i was looking in our baby bottle closet i thought man that would make a great waterproof container

Edited by mospeed1

geo.jpg

geo1.jpg

I would LOVE to find this cache! Well done.

Bruce

Hey Mospeed1 where did you get the container? I got two of those from the hospital when we had my baby girl. :D

ya the container is from the hospital it's to hold milk i have about 3 clean ones (never used)left and then i also have some smaller ones from the hospital with screw on caps.i was looking in our baby bottle closet i thought man that would make a great waterproof container

I have one left and one in a dove decoy!

Trying desperately to show you my photos of my fairy cache - how do i get photos from my computer onto this thread!!!?!?!??! The insert image button says i must insert a URL???

Yeah, upload the pictures to a free Photobucket or Flickr account and then post the url of that picture into the window that this website asks for.

Easy, peasy, nice and cheesy.

This may take some editing by me to get the pictures right so bear with me.

Here is a cache I have had out a while and looking at my profile it should not take long to figure out which one.

85d0a447-5184-4944-aa90-11a8d2aa245e.jpg

Side view is a little more revealing:

7f63bae6-0079-4d21-8856-b1ff8222da9f.jpg

Oh there is the trick to this treasure:

dbd9cb94-39d1-43bd-9d81-8c7730fe95f3.jpg

That is right the key to lock on the front is "attached" to the back of the ammo can via a classic horseshoe puzzle. Turn out to be harder then I anticipated for most cachers.

Guess I will need some help on re-sizing the pictures. Any help out there?

For some reason it would not let me edit the page a second time. Thanks for the help.

Thats a real easy puzzle. Or at least it is for me.

This may take some editing by me to get the pictures right so bear with me.

Here is a cache I have had out a while and looking at my profile it should not take long to figure out which one.

Anyway the front view nothing spectacular:

Side view is a little more revealing:

Oh there is the trick to this treasure:

That is right the key to lock on the front is "attached" to the back of the ammo can via a classic horseshoe puzzle. Turn out to be harder then I anticipated for most cachers.

Guess I will need some help on re-sizing the pictures. Any help out there?

For some reason it would not let me edit the page a second time. Thanks for the help.

Thats a real easy puzzle. Or at least it is for me.

It is only easy if you know the secret. Not everyone does.

Edited by GOF & Bacall

th_fairy.jpg[/img]

th_fairydoor.jpg[/img]

This was my fairy cache idea - made the door myself and drew on the panels and added hinges etc, when you move the door there is a fairy sitting on the toilet!!! :unsure:

One of the top 10 oldest caches in MN is the same concept. Except I think it is a virtual. It's called something like "Mr. Little Guys House".

th_fairy.jpg[/img]

th_fairydoor.jpg[/img]

This was my fairy cache idea - made the door myself and drew on the panels and added hinges etc, when you move the door there is a fairy sitting on the toilet!!! :unsure:

One of the top 10 oldest caches in MN is the same concept. Except I think it is a virtual. It's called something like "Mr. Little Guys House".

I actually have another cache exactly the same except it has Little Boys Room and Peter Pan drawn outside of it - inside the door i have a male fairy standing up going to the toilet!!! :P

Well here are some more i made. I plan to glue a rock on the other jar and the tylenol container. So what do you think.

0621091321.jpg

Use of glass can be appropriate in some locations (wouldn't be wise to put one in a rock pile), so no comment on that.

Use of USPS property is odd and possibly illegal, but I don't care about that either.

My comment is that it appears as if you're planning on hiding this by sticking it in the ground, with the rock at the ground surface. How do you plan on doing that without violating the rules against using a pointy object to bury all or part of a cache?