Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

There are a few of these in the latest Ohio State Parks challenge. The two I did were mystery caches. The one sent you to coords and told you a direction and to walk so many paces. It was up in a crook of a tree staring at you. Even in daylight it was a bit freaky.

045bef20-bbbb-41f0-9947-0bd1b69a0c5e.jpg

I just spit my water on my keyboard and it is all Juicepig's fault!

My! What a compliment! The cache is hidden under a capstone, so there is no way for animals to get in that spot - hopefully the cache will remain "uneaten" :(

My goal is to exercise peoples jump-back muscles!

LocNLoc.jpg

I disguised this sixty ounce Lock&Lock container to look like another piece of concrete in this pile of concrete rubble. This was accomplished by squirting foam insulation on the exterior, then using a belt sander and gray spray paint. If you want to see this cache container in person you must first solve this puzzle.

How did you cover the locking flaps?

ideas...ideas...more ideas!

except that one will be noticed when all the other pine cones are gone...lol

embarrassingly enough, I circled around one, checking all the branches in the tree while looking for a good 20 minutes before I realized that there was a lone pine cone in the tree. Yeah, I know. I'm slow :laughing:

This may take some editing by me to get the pictures right so bear with me.

Here is a cache I have had out a while and looking at my profile it should not take long to figure out which one.

85d0a447-5184-4944-aa90-11a8d2aa245e.jpg

Side view is a little more revealing:

7f63bae6-0079-4d21-8856-b1ff8222da9f.jpg

Oh there is the trick to this treasure:

dbd9cb94-39d1-43bd-9d81-8c7730fe95f3.jpg

That is right the key to lock on the front is "attached" to the back of the ammo can via a classic horseshoe puzzle. Turn out to be harder then I anticipated for most cachers.

Guess I will need some help on re-sizing the pictures. Any help out there?

Edited by andGuest

LocNLoc.jpg

I disguised this sixty ounce Lock&Lock container to look like another piece of concrete in this pile of concrete rubble. This was accomplished by squirting foam insulation on the exterior, then using a belt sander and gray spray paint. If you want to see this cache container in person you must first solve this puzzle.

How did you cover the locking flaps?

The spray insulating foam is applied to the container with the lid closed. Then an Xacto knife is used to cut around the lid after it's dried and sanded with the belt sander. Even though the foam sticks like crazy to the plastic, the flaps are a problem in that they flex when opening and closing the Lock&Lock container. The foam has a tendency to pop off in that area after a while. However, it's not that noticeable if they are touched up with the gray spray paint after this occurs and the container is hidden flap side down (as in the photo).

One of the comments I got was "You know the camo is excellent when you pick up the cache to see if the cache is under it!"

This may take some editing by me to get the pictures right so bear with me.

Here is a cache I have had out a while and looking at my profile it should not take long to figure out which one.

85d0a447-5184-4944-aa90-11a8d2aa245e.jpg

Side view is a little more revealing:

7f63bae6-0079-4d21-8856-b1ff8222da9f.jpg

Oh there is the trick to this treasure:

dbd9cb94-39d1-43bd-9d81-8c7730fe95f3.jpg

That is right the key to lock on the front is "attached" to the back of the ammo can via a classic horseshoe puzzle. Turn out to be harder then I anticipated for most cachers.

Guess I will need some help on re-sizing the pictures. Any help out there?

For some reason it would not let me edit the page a second time. Thanks for the help.

There are a few of these in the latest Ohio State Parks challenge. The two I did were mystery caches. The one sent you to coords and told you a direction and to walk so many paces. It was up in a crook of a tree staring at you. Even in daylight it was a bit freaky.

045bef20-bbbb-41f0-9947-0bd1b69a0c5e.jpg

We just found one very similar to that here in Washington State.

My geo-partner found it and practically jumped out of his skin when he looked in a stump and it was peering back at him!!!!

I was sorry I hadn't taken a picture of it, then I saw yours and was glad someone posted one.

Here are a couple of mine. The gum caches turn out to be entertaining for folks. Not real hard but a bit entertaining.

The preying mantis cache is cool because some people don't want to touch bug type things. When it is hidden in a bit of a shadow it is a very good illusion.

preyingmantis.jpg

gumcache.jpg

This is a cool moving cache container. Will try and find it soon. As it is moving, it shouldn't be too easy to find. GCKTK0

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/3e1208...f023dee3396.jpg

That almost looks like a park in provo, utah. The park in question is called Rock Canyon Park. It is also called "the bowl". It looks like a gigantic bowl. It is used in the winter for sledding and stuff. in spring thru fall, it is used to catch snow melting and running down the mountain towards provo. Here is the link:

http://www.provo.org/parks.rockcanionpark2620n120e.html

By the way there is a "wall" of dirt now covered with grass that is raised up on one end to hold it, because it is in the lower part of the foothills. It is 20-40 feet or so deep, about 300+ feet long and 200+ wide on the bottom of the bowl. For the top of the bowl add on about 50-75 feet either way. Great place for sledding, tubing, any snow sport basically. People always are building jumps here. The walls are slanted at 20*-40* inclines so you can get going more than 20 miles an hour sometimes if the snow is really smooth and packed down. It is really fun. Anyway, thanks and have a great day. gwf :laughing: