Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Got one of these for $7 the other day:

979.jpg

I've got a log inside a bison tube in it, now to get some camo tape and find a place to hide it.

Where do you get those? It looks very useful.

Thanks in advance, Griz

I found this one at Target, but most hardware stores have them. It's a portable key safe.

I am using one of these as a mystery/puzzle cache right now. I made a short story/riddle that is used to figure out the combo. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b1-dc992387745f

How is this for a camo job on a bison tube?

56b61cb5-0cef-4d80-abe4-1ce07022418b.jpg

I have found that if any of the camo tape or the plastice bag inside cross the gasket water will get inside.

Looks like i see the bag sticking out.

Nope, just a little of the tape that was trimmed after I took pics and grumped that the cliff face gave me a +/- 30ft reading.

Edited by bramasoleiowa

I have found (and I'm new at this) a fake sprinkler head, a pine cone hollowed out, a reflector, just a small round reflector with a magnet on the back and a log glued to it, a micro the size of my small finger nail, a plastic plant with a bison glued to the bottom (you have to pull up the plant to find the bison tube), a plastic container inside a log thrown at the edge of the woods...

Ones I did not find, include a hollowed out bolt I know is there but have yet to find, on an ENTIRE SET OF BLEACHERS!!! A fake rock was missing in the pile of rocks. It was later confirmed to be missing. And many other micros in my area I haven't yet identified. My area seems to be the capitol of micros. And tough micros at that. There are way too many here that are called "Evil micro" numbers one through a million. There is even an evil ammo box hide. I found that one at least.

Why do people insist on being evil about this? As a newbie it can be frustrating. I guess it's for those who have been around forever and need a challenge.

I still love a good ammo box in a stump in the woods. My idea of a good time.

So to even the odds a little, since I'm so new at this still, I looked up "geocaching container" on ebay. There are tons of containers there to check out. I would not have found the magnetic reflector if it wasn't for that.

There's quite a few on websites too. I obviously have not found them all yet, as there are many micros here that I haven't found yet. Well maybe after I've logged a few thousand and need a challenge?

OH and how can I forget the fire hydrant that is fake and the entire top of it comes off?!?!?! At least that one's not a micro!!! Oh, and then there was the fake electrical outlet on the side of an electric box. My geo-buddy thought I'd flipped when I checked inside that one, but there it was.

People in my area are really into these things!!

I just don't like the idea of having to check out every fire hydrant and pull off the wrong cover of a real one and get soaked. Or worse yet, think it's a fake dog doo and it turn out not to be.

I hide tupperware that people can find. am I boring?

I have found (and I'm new at this) a fake sprinkler head, a pine cone hollowed out, a reflector, just a small round reflector with a magnet on the back and a log glued to it, a micro the size of my small finger nail, a plastic plant with a bison glued to the bottom (you have to pull up the plant to find the bison tube), a plastic container inside a log thrown at the edge of the woods...

Ones I did not find, include a hollowed out bolt I know is there but have yet to find, on an ENTIRE SET OF BLEACHERS!!! A fake rock was missing in the pile of rocks. It was later confirmed to be missing. And many other micros in my area I haven't yet identified. My area seems to be the capitol of micros. And tough micros at that. There are way too many here that are called "Evil micro" numbers one through a million. There is even an evil ammo box hide. I found that one at least.

Why do people insist on being evil about this? As a newbie it can be frustrating. I guess it's for those who have been around forever and need a challenge.

I still love a good ammo box in a stump in the woods. My idea of a good time.

So to even the odds a little, since I'm so new at this still, I looked up "geocaching container" on ebay. There are tons of containers there to check out. I would not have found the magnetic reflector if it wasn't for that.

There's quite a few on websites too. I obviously have not found them all yet, as there are many micros here that I haven't found yet. Well maybe after I've logged a few thousand and need a challenge?

OH and how can I forget the fire hydrant that is fake and the entire top of it comes off?!?!?! At least that one's not a micro!!! Oh, and then there was the fake electrical outlet on the side of an electric box. My geo-buddy thought I'd flipped when I checked inside that one, but there it was.

People in my area are really into these things!!

I think we all agree that the fake outlet on the side of an electrical box is a bad hide -- you get people too willing to play with things at other hide sites that are unrelated to the hide, but that are dangerous. That horse has been beaten enough, though.

Now - the fake fire hydrant -- that would be a classic, depending on where it was hidden. If it was on a busy street with a lot of potential onlookers -- bad idea. Way out in the woods somewhere, though, at the end of a good hike -- that would be hilarious -- you step into a small clearing, and there is this fire hydrant -- you know it doesn't belong there, yet there it is. It's like the solar powered lamp posted earlier in this thread -- just gives you a good chuckle when you find it, I bet.

"Ones I did not find, include a hollowed out bolt I know is there but have yet to find, on an ENTIRE SET OF BLEACHERS!!! "

I almost hid one like that, and maybe I still will. I have an entire set of cool caching containers I have seen, heard about, or found on the "Oh, no! not another _____" thread. I will add a couple like these to it. Thanks for the cool stuff on here. Thabnks and have a great day. gwf :P:blink::blink::D

Edited to change cache thread reference to the right one.

Edited by greenworldfeather

its halloween...spiders and the webbing will cost $3 the box is the tricky part. The the biggest most important (I think) is a nasty spider and bug infested place.

Just try my neighborhood. :D:blink: There are a lot of houses and properties that are still around from when people used to use irrigation to water their lawns or gardens. As a result, years later, there are a lot of old properties with very overgrown parts of yards, that have a LOT of vegetation and rotting fruit and plant matter in them; a perfect place for many ecosystems to develop and survive even through lawn mowers and such, until BIG yard/property cleanups occur. :D:P:blink: Some still use irragation, some don't. But many of the irragation intersections to yards and stuff that they would use that are above ground are still there. I hope that you find a good place for stuff like that, heehee. Thanks and have a great day. gwf :D

Old Fire extinquisher made into cache container

See more here:

Sorry can't get photo to work.

Wow! Make sure that one isn't found by a passer by. It has the look of what the average person thinks a bomb should look like.

This is a definate out in the woods container, as I ststed in the video... Will mark it with geocache etc...

Here's one I just finished working on. I discovered these plastic pill containers at a drug store for $2 each, so thought I would give it a shot.

This one is sanded, then soaked in EZOff oven cleaner before being painted. The finish is Exel speckle tone granite paint, then covered with 2 coats of clear urethane. It is about to be deployed to replace a 35mm film can I have in the field.

DSCF6676.jpg

Hmm, good thing Star*Hopper. I'd just replace it with a black o-ring.

Uh, YUP! As soon as I get a black silicone O-ring the right size, it will be on the container. :) In the case of this first one, the hidey hole will conceal the slight red. gof1, U got some 7/8 black silicone rings? I'll take a handful.

Edited by Mag Magician

I'm pretty proud of this multi. My opus is still the Quest for the Holy Grail multi (posted a few pages back...it is GC1K0M0).

So here is the first stage components...the Grail Diary and the headpiece to the Staff of Ra. Both will be required to solve the coordinates to stage two.

3432416783_b5b41f1d94_o.jpg

Here is the final...the Ark of the Covenant

3432416621_a2dd5f8ca7_o.jpg

I haven't hid it yet, but it will be on the opposite side of the lake from GC1K0M0 The Quest for the Holy Grail. Trying to make my very very small hometown a geocaching destination. I haven't even hid this one yet and am already formulating the next great cache props.

I'm pretty proud of this multi. My opus is still the Quest for the Holy Grail multi (posted a few pages back...it is GC1K0M0).

So here is the first stage components...the Grail Diary and the headpiece to the Staff of Ra. Both will be required to solve the coordinates to stage two.

I haven't hid it yet, but it will be on the opposite side of the lake from GC1K0M0 The Quest for the Holy Grail. Trying to make my very very small hometown a geocaching destination. I haven't even hid this one yet and am already formulating the next great cache props.

That is absolutely fantastic work! Your caches must be some of the best "treasure hunts" on Earth.

I found this one with my brother in Early December. It's called bird garage but there was a proximity issue so the owner made the final a projection from this photo. neat cache once I figured out the hints.

bird_garage.JPG

haha COOL! that's my dad's cache on his backyard fence ... i helped with the hints :laughing: sorry about that ;)

Awesome job ! ! !

Great creativity and execution.