Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

A few I've been working on lately:

6a8e8d90-8498-4466-aec8-20d4723eb85c.jpg

e8ab62a4-c3f0-47b0-a94d-947a4fff0579.jpg

5b051920-e31a-4c3b-8683-ca931afaba75.jpg

6a70c3b8-4499-4ec8-b0b8-afd528104fcf.jpg

Before applying the texture...

fc1a6290-868b-4481-a315-a9f82becbe90.jpg

Mostly all done with caulk, camo tape, peas or oatmeal. The painted duct tape attached to magnets is removed to show the combo for the lock. A mystery cache with actual coords for once. :laughing:

Edited by cache-n-dash
How's this for hiding in plain sight?

4e4092b5-608d-4a80-8519-782501808e0c.jpg

That's absolutely astounding.

Is that a cache, or something else?

I saw this picture in a Reader's Digest the other day. Apparently this is a way to urban-disguise cell phone equipment. It would, however, make a killer cache if you were to to toss out all that telecommunications equipment and put a ammo box inside instead :D

WHAT A CACHE THAT WOULD MAKE!!!!!!!!!

I believe this thread began with my post here.

I sorted through a number of pictures I have taken of my homemade caches and will post at least some of them later. Many are just snap shots but they will have to do.

I will admit that I feel resistance to revealing my designs however. It's like handing over my secrets. Oh well, for the sake of the community, I tell myself, right? I hope they are appreciated. I may even annotate how I make many of my containers puzzles to get open once found. One uses a mousetrap, another uses a piece of junk with a spring in it I found on the street while geocaching in San Antonio. Another requires that the person use a credit card. No I have not yet figured out how to bill the person. :D Another requires 6 steps, AFTER finding the key in another location, another is "launched" (slowly) like a missile out an old rusty tube when a cable (taken out of an old typewriter) is pulled on, and another is suspended inside a hollow tree. That one is real popular. I made a two story fake birdhouse out of PVC. It's a TB cache that is so difficult to figure out how to open (w/o hints) that few would have the patience (at least) to deal with it. :D There are many more but that's all I can find pictures of as of the last half hour.

I definitely don't want to post the pictures on any of my geocache pages so I need to know of a free image storage facility where I can upload them. Then I will use the appropriate URLs to retrieve em from there.

Since I don't have a webpage, can someone refer me to a user friendly service that is not going to go belly up in the next few months?

Thanks!

-it

PHOTOBUCKET.COM - FREE

I'm new to this and I am currently being tortured by several hard to find caches by a local who's great at camo jobs. I like the idea of using electrical conduit pipes and boxes. I also like the idea of hollow bolts and bolt look-a-likes. You guys are cruel and fun.

I 2nd this :D

I believe this is my first post to this thread.

Here are a few pictures of an ammo can I just placed today. It's a 50 cal ammo can. I'm not giving anything away by posting here, I didn't camouflage the cache to make it harder for a cacher to find (the hide is straight forward) but to make it slightly more muggle-proof. The target area has lots of rocks and leaf litter and is in a relatively remote area of the forest. I think it's a reasonable match for that kind of area. Basically, I started with a dark base coat, then layered some sticks and leaves on the cache in various arrangements, then sprayed over those with lighter colors (tan, green, and faux rock color) to get what you see here. Between colors, I would rearrange the leaves and sticks. Finished it off with stenciling "Official Geocache" in tan. Under the harsh light of the camera's flash, the tan appears lighter than it does under normal light conditions.

I gave away another like it (smaller, 30 cal version), complete with swag and a log book as a "Ready-2-Hide" door prize at an event I recently hosted.

I welcome your comments.

e96104f0-b557-4806-9408-84b321fbef03.jpg

5c0f5ec0-e9f9-4ff9-a14c-b83d98a4cf94.jpg

Matt

Edited by Western_Mass_Clan

This one has been out for a week or so now. Golf ball is actually a container that screws open. Inside is "rite in the rain" paper for a waterproof logbook with laminated stash note and a tiny tiny pencil.

It's hidden next to a golf course. I put 6 "real" golf balls as decoy caches nearby to make it a bit more difficult, since none of them are "hidden" but all are pretty much in plain sight

I don't expect it will last long, but so far thankfully people seem to be enjoying finding it.

gball.jpg

though this is nothing compared to the 2 cache containers I have waiting till the weather gets nice enough to get the canoe out.

This one has been out for a week or so now. Golf ball is actually a container that screws open. Inside is "rite in the rain" paper for a waterproof logbook with laminated stash note and a tiny tiny pencil.

It's hidden next to a golf course. I put 6 "real" golf balls as decoy caches nearby to make it a bit more difficult, since none of them are "hidden" but all are pretty much in plain sight

I don't expect it will last long, but so far thankfully people seem to be enjoying finding it.

gball.jpg

though this is nothing compared to the 2 cache containers I have waiting till the weather gets nice enough to get the canoe out.

What kind of container did you use for it? I use nalgene cryotubes for mine. They appear to do a good job in keeping the log dry.

5ca52b80-1ea6-4d98-81a8-2e15a31c340a.jpg

Edited by sbell111

Fake rock? You might be able to go with a larger container. The nano logs fill up very quickly.

I use film cans in my fake rocks. The cans with the lid that snaps into the can (rather than over it) tend to stay pretty dry. I have a test rock in my back yard with no baggie. The log has stayed dry for over two years.

Of course, I would recommend always using a ziploc for the log, just in case.

512cd9fe-fdea-4bc4-a4c1-e924124b58c6.jpg

Well I finally got my fake rock poured. This was the first full scale test/model. I will be puring another soon with more color and a lock-n-lock container.

rock1.jpg

The cache as it will look in place. (Note this is not the cache location.)

rock.jpg

A close up of the cache in place.

rock-1.jpg

The cache after opening.

Hey TotemClan...got details on how you made that rock?Looks great.

I use a sand mold and a commercial concrete mix with hardeners added. I added very little color to that one, but you can add colorants in different amounts, at different times during the mixing to get different effects. You can't see it very well in the photo but it has light streaks of rusty pink running through it. That will match the rocks here close to the house. The one for the state park will be more red with flecks of green to match the rocks there.

Edited by Totem Clan

QUOTE an OLD POST: We think our cache the AE2 is pretty cool as it is a remote control submarine. You first have to find the remote control, which operates the cache. The cache is hidden below the surface and the remote control allows the user to raise the sub to the surface. Once you have done with the swaps and stuff you then use the controller to submerge the sub back below the water.

a329ee25-dd34-4de1-960a-28695fad735f.jpg

END QUOTE

:mad: My son is currently Geocaching near Groton, CT (Submarine Capital of the World) .... I'd love to put one of these there .. unfortunately, he's about to be stationed elsewhere. But, maybe he could take it to his NEXT sub base.

Thanks for the idea(s).

OK, I was doing my best without something to reference in the photo. :anicute:

:anicute:

It's 10"x15" at the base and 10" high.

It blends in so well at the hide site. I cleared the leaf litter a set it down and pushed the leaves back against it so that only the top is showing. It looks like it part of the landscape.

I'll post of photo after the FTF. :anicute:

OK, I was doing my best without something to reference in the photo. :(

;)

Oooh, bigun! :(

What happens if some muggle stumbles across it and claims they found evidence of Mrs. Bigfoot?!

Seriously, though, that looks like it would be a fun find.

OK, I was doing my best without something to reference in the photo. :huh:

B)

Oooh, bigun! :)

What happens if some muggle stumbles across it and claims they found evidence of Mrs. Bigfoot?!

Seriously, though, that looks like it would be a fun find.

:cool::cool::)B)

That's rich. B):)

Here's the cache page for it. It's published, but still waiting for the FTF.