Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

i bought three of those nano's from sbell. they work really nice! thanks sbell.
Thank you.

i'm planning on making my own accorn cache out of some of them. (i know i know, i could just buy one from you) but what fun would that be :lostsignal: . maybe if i cant i'll buy one :) .

Here is my cache, not yet placed but will be going out hopefully within the week.

Oh and by the way to get the cache you are supposed to grab the hand and pull it out.

First picture whole cache.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

this picture is just of the hand

Untitled-1copy.jpg

And no funny comments about my paint job on the ammo box :lostsignal:

How did you make the fake limbs (assuming they are fake...lol)? Feel free to e-mail off board with details, details, details.

Thank you.
i'm planning on making my own accorn cache out of some of them. (i know i know, i could just buy one from you) but what fun would that be B) . maybe if i cant i'll buy one B) .
A couple of quick thoughts about acorn caches:

• Don't try to use a real acorn because real squirrels will run off with it. I mold mine out of plastic and am careful to keep them away from plastic squirrels.
  • The nanos that I use for the acorns are actually about twice as long as the regular nanos to allow for slightly larger logs.

Good luck.

Thank you.
i'm planning on making my own accorn cache out of some of them. (i know i know, i could just buy one from you) but what fun would that be B) . maybe if i cant i'll buy one B) .
A couple of quick thoughts about acorn caches:
  • Don't try to use a real acorn because real squirrels will run off with it. I mold mine out of plastic and am careful to keep them away from plastic squirrels.
  • The nanos that I use for the acorns are actually about twice as long as the regular nanos to allow for slightly larger logs.

Good luck.

thanks for the tips! what i have done so far is i bought some miniture egg shaped wood things from hobby lobby, and then drilled a hole the same width as the nano. i'll use the normal sized ones cuase it;s only going to be a step in a multi. again, thanks!

Unfortunately this one is no longer in service...

magneticmicro2.jpg

I found one of these last week... By far the smallest container I've ever seen (couldn't really imagine anything smaller though either)...

Pretty cool though!

These nano caches are popular in my area. I suppose they are available on Ebay with the right search words. Somewhere in this thread, I saw term "waterproof pill containers," but these are definately smaller. Will someone please identify the container by a searchable name? You could also add a link for purchase.

Thanks

Check out:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZassort-of...1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

VERY CHEAP NANOS & BISONS....I GET THEM HERE

Here's one I made up to hide over here in Iraq in a palm grove.Hasn't made it out yet.Kinda sucks but it'll do the job.

I'm amazed that they allow you to place caches in Iraq. Don't they get blown up as suspected IED's?

We combat zone cachers(myself being a contractor) use common sense here.99% percent of the caches are very easy(rarely you'll find anything past a 2),and all of them have-"don't blow up" or "not an IED" written on them.Some have bad coords and they just give you a pic of where it's at.It's all basically easy finds to kill time and log one or two so we don't go nutzo over here while waiting to get back to some real 4's and 5's.There's places you could hide a five gallon pail,but alot of the ones I see are micro-medium size range.One great thing here-ammo cans are rediculously plentiful and free.But rarely you'll find a cache using one.I want to make one with a mk19 ammo can soon(even bigger than a .50 cal can,but a lil smaller than a pail).Here's one that I helped a fellow cacher to make that just put out.I got him into caching while he was on his six month deployment here.His first find was an FTF.I've been razzing him about it not stop.. :P.That's like going hunting for the first time and shooting a ten pointer fifteen minutes into the hunt.

You family guy fans'll love this un-

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fb-1ffb4fdca8ce

Edited by vtmtnman
Here's my newest cache container...

I won't mention which cache it is, as it hasn't been published yet, and I don't want to give it away either.

<SNIP>

Nice looking container but is it water tight?
I bet the ziplock that he puts the log in will be. Edited by sbell111

I won't mention which cache it is, as it hasn't been published yet, and I don't want to give it away either.

<SNIP>

I bet the ziplock that he puts the log in will be.

That's right.

The container itself is not quite watertight, and the cache page will mention that too!

Everything will be in baggies, with spare ones also inside.

<SNIP>

I bet the ziplock that he puts the log in will be.

That's right.

The container itself is not quite watertight, and the cache page will mention that too!

Everything will be in baggies, with spare ones also inside.

Good point. I sure would like to see the reaction of someone when the walk out in the woods to find a camo phone!

Here's one I made up to hide over here in Iraq in a palm grove.Hasn't made it out yet.Kinda sucks but it'll do the job.

I'm amazed that they allow you to place caches in Iraq. Don't they get blown up as suspected IED's?

and all of them have-"don't blow up" or "not an IED" written on them.

SHHHHHH!!! Don't give the insurgents any bright ideas!! :ph34r:

magneticmicro2.jpg

I found one of these last week... By far the smallest container I've ever seen (couldn't really imagine anything smaller though either)...

Pretty cool though!

These nano caches are popular in my area. I suppose they are available on Ebay with the right search words. Somewhere in this thread, I saw term "waterproof pill containers," but these are definately smaller. Will someone please identify the container by a searchable name? You could also add a link for purchase.

Thanks

Check out:

Those nanos may be cheap, but $7.99 shipping and handling seems steep to ship ten nanos.

Edited by CacheNCarryMA

This was my first try at painting with non-glossy paint and camo colors. The military marking paint will wash off with Methyl Hydrate (gas line anti-freeze) which is easier than sanding them off.

79fe983f-fe38-4762-a616-de5655efc743.jpg

I'm currently painting a couple ammo cans too, and discovered that liquid deglosser (used as a surface prep) removes the yellow paint entirely and turns the rest of the olive drab a very flat matte.

I'll post some pics once I'm finished.

~k

BTW, has anyone used Gorilla Waterproof Glue in any camo-jobs?

This one is pine bark stuck on an ammo can with Gorilla Glue. I had a few failures with this adhesive before reading the directions. The glue prefers a damp medium. Maybe water activated? Also, when it adheres, it swells to several times its original size, and turns pale yellow. Nothing a few spritzes of spray paint can't fix.

516cc344-f02e-4331-916f-a8ef115d7865.jpg

Those pipe ones look just like pipe bombs. In some areas it is illegal to make one of these under the "falsifying police report" charge, or something similar. It's just a bad idea anyway, especially if you happen to get a prosecutor in a bad mood.
I have no idea what cache container you are talking about but 'falsifying police report' will only stick if you were to make a police report. Either way, this is conversation that is better suited to a different thread.

Every one of the cache containers in this thread would make a great cache, if hidden in the proper location.

magneticmicro2.jpg

Pretty cool though!

Thanks

Check out:

Those nanos may be cheap, but $7.99 shipping and handling seems steep to ship ten nanos.

I found these on ebay for a flat .99 shipping no matter how many you buy..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=004

This one was the final container of my "Kaboom!" multi, before getting muggled.

kaboomfin.jpg

awsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome!!!