Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Just fixed up a cache container I built last fall and thought I would take a couple pictures before hiding.

The container is a 'bento' box for Japanese lunch. The magnets on the bottom are from old computer hard drives. I have placed the cache upside down under a bridge out of sight. When someone feels around under the area where the cache is hidden, if they don't feel upward, they won't find it.

I've had several cachers comment that they really like the container and the added difficulty.

0282.jpg

0283.jpg

Enjoy!

Here is my cache, not yet placed but will be going out hopefully within the week.

Oh and by the way to get the cache you are supposed to grab the hand and pull it out.

First picture whole cache.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

this picture is just of the hand

Untitled-1copy.jpg

And no funny comments about my paint job on the ammo box :laughing:

These are cool ideas. I'm going to make a cache out of a rock about 10 inches wide, about 6 inches high. First I have to find the rock when the snow melts. Then I will make a rubber mold, then cast it in cement with a hollow area for the cache.

The fact that cement doesn't look quite like a rock close up is part of the hint.

But from far away it does look like a rock to keep it from being muggled.

Yall know what would be a neat multi?? If someone found a park few muggles went to, and had a body part multi. First cache would be legs, then arms, then torso, then the final would be a big pretzel jar in a mask, what yall think?? Just need to make sure no muggle sees somebody taking out or replacing a body part in some bushes or a tree. LOL :rolleyes:

We have one of these!! I'll post pics tonight of the waypoints...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...83-7b8d047bb007

First picture whole cache.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

this picture is just of the hand

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Holy Crap. What a bad paint job :rolleyes:

Seriously, Cudos on the arm job!!!

Yeah yeah yeah, I did a horrible job at painting, I first cut the stencil out to big and then I was in a rush so I didn't taped it down and it smeared and got all funky.

I think I have one that would drive some of the locals Crazy.

IMG_0540.jpg

and...

IMG_0544.jpg

and the action shot...

25220better20shot20of20purple20need.jpg

Great job on that camoflage!! Muggles would not be a factor much either.. Did you weight the bottom to prevent it from blowing over?

The cache compared to the weight of the plant is very heavy. It says put pretty well. Also the "head" of the cache is about 3" into the ground to hide the rubberbands that hold the "camo".

It has been found by one person so far.

This is one of my latest ideas. I will have to find just the right spot for this container as it would be wrong to "create" :D a spot for it

full_7414_p116775.jpeg

How I hope it looks when hidden :)

full_7414_p116777.jpeg

An now a photo of a few of my "ready to hide" ammo cans

full_7414_p116774.jpeg

Half the fun of placing a cache is making just the right container for the hide.... :D

Here's a recycled Starbuck's tea tin. It's a little longer than The Real Thing , but hopefully from twenty feet away it'll fool some folks. :D

193756_200.jpg

193756_300.jpg

Very Nice...Do you have the link for the cache site?

I'm guessing that this one will make it up until the first CITO event in the area ...

Here's a recycled Starbuck's tea tin. It's a little longer than The Real Thing , but hopefully from twenty feet away it'll fool some folks. B)

193756_200.jpg

193756_300.jpg

Very Nice...Do you have the link for the cache site?
I'm guessing that this one will make it up until the first CITO event in the area ...
Which probably was three years ago. :(

I like the moss. That should blend well with the St Johns area. When are you putting this one out?

It's gonna be a kid's cache at the Deltona Library, focused on getting parents to read to their children. It's about half filled with children's books now, and as $$$ allows, I'll buy more. Once I have enough, it'll get placed. Because it's for kids, it's gonna be a very short hike and a simple hide.

I like the moss. That should blend well with the St Johns area. When are you putting this one out?

It's gonna be a kid's cache at the Deltona Library, focused on getting parents to read to their children. It's about half filled with children's books now, and as $$$ allows, I'll buy more. Once I have enough, it'll get placed. Because it's for kids, it's gonna be a very short hike and a simple hide.

Kudos to you for that kind of cache, man. :D Wish there were more like it.

These are cache containers my husband and I have made. Mine are the antler caches and his are the pipe caches. We get lots of great comments on them. Anyone interested in making the antler ones have to keep in mind that animals like to carry them away. You will need to hang them above the ground.

smhangantler.jpg

closeupantler.jpg

antlerpenny.jpg

pipe2.jpg

Unfortunately this one is no longer in service...

magneticmicro2.jpg

I found one of these last week... By far the smallest container I've ever seen (couldn't really imagine anything smaller though either)...

Pretty cool though!

These nano caches are popular in my area. I suppose they are available on Ebay with the right search words. Somewhere in this thread, I saw term "waterproof pill containers," but these are definately smaller. Will someone please identify the container by a searchable name? You could also add a link for purchase.

Thanks

magneticmicro2.jpg

I found one of these last week... By far the smallest container I've ever seen (couldn't really imagine anything smaller though either)...

Pretty cool though!

These nano caches are popular in my area. I suppose they are available on Ebay with the right search words. Somewhere in this thread, I saw term "waterproof pill containers," but these are definately smaller. Will someone please identify the container by a searchable name? You could also add a link for purchase.

Thanks

You can find them for sale on eBay as: Tiny Magnetic Geocache - Nano Geocaching containers Item number: 150105128261

magneticmicro2.jpg

Pretty cool though!

Thanks

'Nano geocache' will work.
These are cache containers my husband and I have made. Mine are the antler caches and his are the pipe caches. We get lots of great comments on them. Anyone interested in making the antler ones have to keep in mind that animals like to carry them away. You will need to hang them above the ground.

smhangantler.jpg

closeupantler.jpg

antlerpenny.jpg

pipe2.jpg

If anyone wants to get rid of some antlers, let me know. My wife and her dad make pens out of them. Usually, if we get enough antler for several pens, she'll make the antler supplier a free pen out of it.

Sorry for the off-topic post.