Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

I have a cache that was put out this summer. I didn't want to post any pics online till a bunch of people had a chance to find it and have the WOW factor hit them. Since I have found out that a local is showing pics of it to others, I might as well release my own pics here. Let me know what ya think.

abcf5e79-0778-4b34-8426-3539922dd968.jpg

b70d397c-cb1b-47c0-9fe2-a0e7d47e5505.jpg

Wow! That is really neat. I'll bet some finders had fun with that one!

It kind of reminds me of the Christmas present I got in 1983 when I asked for a home computer. I got a gadget from Radio Shack that looked a lot like what you have pictured there. :(

I've got a few caches that are vaguely interestingly made. Links to how I made them are:

http://www.zebeth.com/planetzebeth/stuff/g...ache2build.html <--- built and placed

http://www.zebeth.com/planetzebeth/stuff/g...ing/cache1.html <--- built, but not yet placed

Or ...here's the final pics of them.

The one that's already been placed:

cache25.jpg

cache27.jpg

And this one didn't fit where I wanted it to go, so I need to find another place for it:

cache112.jpg

Yeah... still kinda low-quality compared to many here... but it's my first time cache-making.

Urban camo. :(

Nice (assuming the van is the container). What cache is that? I tried going throuh yours, but none were listed as "large" containers.

Again, assuming the van is the container, I wonder how people recognize it as a cache container without feeling they're breaking into a car though. Is there a logo on it somewhere?

I guess you don't have to worry about muggles so much as you do the tow truck, huh?

Edited by ThePropers

I came across these at Petsmart today while picking up a little Christmas gift for the dog in my life. They are designed to be attached to the dog's collar with a small slip of paper containing contact information of the owner's. This could be a fairly nasty micro. Photographed next to a penny to show off the size.

dsc02474qw1.jpg

Nice (assuming the van is the container). What cache is that? I tried going throuh yours, but none were listed as "large" containers.

Again, assuming the van is the container, I wonder how people recognize it as a cache container without feeling they're breaking into a car though. Is there a logo on it somewhere?

I'll bet the van is a container.

At least it's not another micro! :D

Man, I so wish I still had my VW micro bus....

The red Eurovan is indeed a cache GCKTK0. :D

But there is another large cache in the picture.

NIMG_3378_1024_x_768_800_x_60.jpg

Edited by P

I got a few tennis balls, and have a 35mm film canister. I cut the film canister so it was about 1/2 inch long (including the lid). I cut a opening in the ball just big enough for the cut canister to slide in a little ways. I then hot glued around where the two meet. The cache is a micro and waterproof. The opening is 35 mm, but the inside is a little bigger than what the normal canister would be. What do yall think? I may post a pic later.

Robert

I got a few tennis balls, and have a 35mm film canister. I cut the film canister so it was about 1/2 inch long (including the lid). I cut a opening in the ball just big enough for the cut canister to slide in a little ways. I then hot glued around where the two meet. The cache is a micro and waterproof. The opening is 35 mm, but the inside is a little bigger than what the normal canister would be. What do yall think? I may post a pic later.

Robert

This tread is about the pic's....post it.

The cache is a micro and waterproof.

Just so you know, film cans are not waterproof. They may seem that way at the start, but you will find plenty of soggy scraps in them all over. Might want to revise your idea or will be visiting alot to dry out and replace the log. Sorry to give you the bad news.

Actually, the wight film cans with the lid that snaps into the can is quite water resistant. I've had my 'proof of concept' rock in our garden for a couple of years now and it has not leaked.

However, the black film cans with the lids that snap over the container (like in the tennis ball pic) leak horribly.

bump

Uh, not to sound too dumb, but why are there some posts that only say "bump?"

Digital_Cowboy

It is used to push a thread to the top of the list so it is more easily seen. Alot of the time is is used when a question hasn't been answered but there are several other topics going that are very active, and the person asking a question sees his thread drop down and is afraid it is being overlooked. In the GeoCoins Forum it is uised a lot when someone is selling a coin and they want to maxmize their free advertising in the forums. In the case of threads like this one it is not generally needed as the thread is good enough to keep it alove on it's own. Hope that helps.

bump

Digital_Cowboy

It is used to push a thread to the top of the list so it is more easily seen. Alot of the time is is used when a question hasn't been answered but there are several other topics going that are very active, and the person asking a question sees his thread drop down and is afraid it is being overlooked. In the GeoCoins Forum it is uised a lot when someone is selling a coin and they want to maxmize their free advertising in the forums. In the case of threads like this one it is not generally needed as the thread is good enough to keep it alove on it's own. Hope that helps.

bump

Digital_Cowboy

pghlooking,

Thanks, it does.

Digital_Cowboy

Yall know what would be a neat multi?? If someone found a park few muggles went to, and had a body part multi. First cache would be legs, then arms, then torso, then the final would be a big pretzel jar in a mask, what yall think?? Just need to make sure no muggle sees somebody taking out or replacing a body part in some bushes or a tree. LOL :D

Yall know what would be a neat multi?? If someone found a park few muggles went to, and had a fake body part multi. First cache would be fake legs, then fake arms, then fake torso, then the final would be a big pretzel jar in a mask, what yall think?? Just need to make sure no muggle sees somebody taking out or replacing a fake body part in some bushes or a tree. LOL :D

I fixed it for you (I hope).

:D

Just a little thing to share back with the group . . .

CamoScrews.jpg

I had a need for a screw to tie a piece of monofilament to. Didn't want a nice shiny screw head giving things away.

Take a stainless steel screw (far left)

Add Gorilla Glue to the screw head (center of picture - use a toothpick to get it down into the screw head slots)

Allow the G.G. to set up (gets foamy, hard and a little shiny)

Shoot with a little flat/camo paint in color of choice

JohnTee

<snip>

I had a need for a screw to tie a piece of monofilament to. Didn't want a nice shiny screw head giving things away.

Add Gorilla Glue to the screw head (center of picture - use a toothpick to get it down into the screw head slots)

How do you screw it in?

<snip>

How do you screw it in?

You don't. It just became a nail :D

<snip>

How do you screw it in?

With an existing (pre-drilled) hole, the slotted head is now basically a knob and it screws in by turning it with your fingers. Just be sure the size of your pre-drilled hole is between the screw shaft and outer thread diamters in size and it's easy!

I was using an existing hole, so made several in different sizes. Found the one that fit best and turned it in. I'll see if I can get the picture off my phone and post it.

JohnTee

With an existing (pre-drilled) hole, the slotted head is now basically a knob and it screws in by turning it with your fingers. Just be sure the size of your pre-drilled hole is between the screw shaft and outer thread diamters in size and it's easy!

I was using an existing hole, so made several in different sizes. Found the one that fit best and turned it in. I'll see if I can get the picture off my phone and post it.

JohnTee

Here's the picture of the screw in place. You see a series of holes that insects have bored in the wood.

01-06-07_0710.jpg

Before anyone gets their shorts in a knot, the piece of wood I put the screw in, besides being dead, is an old fence post that this tree grew AROUND. :D Pretty neat!

JohnTee

JohnTee

Here's the picture of the screw in place. You see a series of holes that insects have bored in the wood.

01-06-07_0710.jpg

Before anyone gets their shorts in a knot, the piece of wood I put the screw in, besides being dead, is an old fence post that this tree grew AROUND. :huh: Pretty neat!

JohnTee

Thanks, I needed that!!! :anicute:;):):wub:

JohnTee

01-06-07_0710.jpg

Before anyone gets their shorts in a knot, the piece of wood I put the screw in, besides being dead, is an old fence post that this tree grew AROUND. :huh: Pretty neat!

JohnTee

:wub:

HOW DARE YOU DEFACE THAT POOR DEFENCELESS TREE! I was just about to hug it till I saw your Geo-garbage. :anicute:

;):wub::wub::)

Was that knotty enough? And I guess it isn't defenceless. After all it is wrap around a fence. :wub: