Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

GCRD79.jpg

GCRD792.jpg

GCRD793.jpg

I'm hoping the cache owner didn't "modify" the rail. They are there as a protective barrier for vehicles. Take a couple of bolts out to make a swinging hidden container, and you may weaken the strength of the barrier.

I'm guessing the cache owner didn't have permission to remove any bolts...

Ed

If you look at the picture it look like the each post only has one bolt to hold the rail on. So I don't think any bolt was removed.

Richard

The first few posts of a gaurd rail are made to break away. At the begining of the gaurd rail there is a bumper that slides down the rail as a car pushes it. Helps to slow things down.

Since I just archived this cache, I'll post the images. Its my version of a sprinkler head cache that isn't buried. Since it had been a few years since San Diego had seen one of these, it threw a few of 'em. GCHHOY Orton's Folly BTW, Orton Englehart was the inventor of the impact sprinkler head later purchased by the RainBird company.

Dan-oh

efda582f-0143-4755-802c-24c85b5bb8ad.jpg

ed5b294a-340b-4c7c-b9b8-713c1ee2bf8c.jpg

db18553d-ec43-43eb-a69f-5289824c3a38.jpg

Bargain Bin deadbolt: $3.96; Magnets and Glue $2.50; Metal door in public place: Free; A "hidden in plain site" cache that was a bugger to find: Priceless.

398bbed5-2d87-4a0d-968d-7f76d96068a6.jpg

This was step one in a series that led to a large ammo can cache. It was just large enough for a small log scroll and 1/2 of the coordinates to the final. After an almost two year run, the final was done in by high water and bank erosion so we archive the series.

Edited by Kazack

A little worse for wear, but we've repaired our original cache and it'll be going back out on the way home today. Fox built it the first time and I rebuilt it over the last week. Learned a lot about pine cones in the process :ph34r: and patience! It takes quite a bit of time to individually glue on each pine nut.

nutcache.jpg

a35952a1-e0df-498f-bafc-f55a487e816e.jpg

My most recent cache. No need to get crazy with the camo or an "evil hide", nothing better than a good ol' ammo can in the woods.

I think I'm suddenly suffering from cache envy :ph34r:

Bargain Bin deadbolt: $3.96; Magnets and Glue $2.50; Metal door in public place: Free; A "hidden in plain site" cache that was a bugger to find: Priceless.

This was step one in a series that led to a large ammo can cache. It was just large enough for a small log scroll and 1/2 of the coordinates to the final. After an almost two year run, the final was done in by high water and bank erosion so we archive the series.

This is a great idea! Why cant I think of these things. I must not be evil enough. :ph34r::ph34r:

Wicked! Congratulations. :cry:

Here is one I made from a real acorn. It will be in the auction at Geowoodstock 4.

I thought about doing one from a real acorn, but I figured that it would be voted 'Most Likely to get Eaten by Squirrels', so I cast mine out of plastic (molded from a real acorn) instead.

Pics can be found earlier in the thread.

Voted most likely to be coppied.... ;)

DAryl

I agree!! It's a great idea, I love it!!

:)

Found a box in the garage of some of my old toys from when I was little and came across this cool little Lego Treasure chest It will make a fine cache soon.
That would be fun! I completed a series that was themed after the LEGO® Bionicle trading card game, and several of the cache containers started life as LEGO Bionicle containers.
Found a box in the garage of some of my old toys from when I was little and came across this cool little Lego Treasure chest It will make a fine cache soon.
That would be fun! I completed a series that was themed after the LEGO® Bionicle trading card game, and several of the cache containers started life as LEGO Bionicle containers.

Cool what series was it is it in the Bay Area ?

I would like to thank all geocachers. Especially those of you who are into spending extra time, energy and money on a more creative camo'ed cache. I just placed my first cache (sorry I dont have any pics, I spent my digital camera money on that last tank of gasoline). Inspired by all of your wonderful ideas, I camo'ed my first cache (an ammo can), placed it in plain view and had two really good cachers not find it right away. So thank you to all of you creative, and evil geniuses out there. I had a great time thinking up the cache, and have bitten every fingernail to the quick worrying if the camo was good enough. My next cache will be a creative camo'ed one as well. Since I can not hike that far, I will spend more time making my caches a bit harder to find, especially if they are in plain sight. Kudos to you all. I have learned alot.

I had three of these given to me. As soon as I can gut them and fill them with logs they will become urban caches.

DSC_0997.jpg

Gut them ? O.O those can be alot of fun

I know a place that sells fake ones that have motion sensors and move. They are only like 5 bucks a piece.

Free is free I suppose. It would be cool if they moved though! Do you have a link for them?

I had three of these given to me. As soon as I can gut them and fill them with logs they will become urban caches.

DSC_0997.jpg

I know a place that sells fake ones that have motion sensors and move. They are only like 5 bucks a piece.

Free is free I suppose. It would be cool if they moved though! Do you have a link for them?

It is in American Science catalog.

DSC_0997.jpg

Call me the wet blanket but isn't this like feding a bear? If you hide a cache in a camera then what if the same person tries to take apart another camera and gets arreested for tampering with security devices.

JMHBAO

DSC_0997.jpg

Call me the wet blanket but isn't this like feding a bear? If you hide a cache in a camera then what if the same person tries to take apart another camera and gets arreested for tampering with security devices.

JMHBAO

I suppose you might have a valid point, but I was hoping the find might be rather obvious since there won't be any wires leading to it. Perhaps I could paint a small geocaching logo on it? It's really not much different than the caches camo'd as utility boxes and fastened to a pole - or is it?

DSC_0997.jpg

JMHBAO

I suppose you might have a valid point, but I was hoping the find might be rather obvious since there won't be any wires leading to it. Perhaps I could paint a small geocaching logo on it? It's really not much different than the caches camo'd as utility boxes and fastened to a pole - or is it?

Would rather find one of those then a Utility box fastened to a pole.

Painting a small geocaching logo would be a good idea.

a35952a1-e0df-498f-bafc-f55a487e816e.jpg

My most recent cache. No need to get crazy with the camo or an "evil hide", nothing better than a good ol' ammo can in the woods.

HOLY CRAP!!! where in the world did you get that size of an ammo can???

4eafc21a-ad02-4ab6-bef5-005e6e8c9849.jpg

$15 @ Sunny's...Link to Cache

Edit:Link Added

Edited by vyper4

cowpies2.jpg

COWPIES

One of the cowpies made it on the Front Page of the Texas Living section in the Dallas Morning News

Thumbkin-3.jpg

ThumbKin

This was Thumbkin #1. You unscrew the center (lighter wood) and inside find coordinates to stage 2.

Flounder1.jpg

flounder2.jpg

Flounder

Flounder has coordinates on the bottom for stage 2

turd1.jpg

UM.... A #2

#2 was my wifes' creation. Inside were coordinates to stage 2. Oh yeah, its' a chapstick container. Something you put on your lips. It was near a dog walking area as well. by accident.

Ron Burgundy: [Ron Burgundy is handed a salad with cat poop] I will *not* eat that!

Tino: You will eat that cat poop!

Ron Burgundy: I will not eat cat poop!

Tino: You will eat that cat poop before you talk about my city that way again!

Ron Burgundy: Fine, if I eat the cat poop, will you bring me a steak?

[he eats the cat poop]

Ron Burgundy: Oh, God!

Tino: Somebody get him a steak quick!

Ron Burgundy: I'll eat the whole hunk of s**t! I don't care!

[he begins crying]

Here is a nano cache in my area. This little sucker is magnetic, the size of 3 stacked asprins.

9image snipped0

Hi Mr Magneto! (or a Mr Magneto look alike) The original creator of those little evil things apparently lives near there, i've found 2 as geocaches so far, both were sneaky hides.

Here is a nano cache in my area. This little sucker is magnetic, the size of 3 stacked asprins.

9image snipped0

Hi Mr Magneto! (or a Mr Magneto look alike) The original creator of those little evil things apparently lives near there, i've found 2 as geocaches so far, both were sneaky hides.

No, he doesn't.

No, he doesn't.

Only going by what the owner of this website http://www.floridageocaching.com/ says, the cache that is located 'near thier home' that they archived is in st pete, as are most of thier hides.

Mr. Magneto is a cache container I invented when I decided there was a need for a micro that had real cache superhero qualities. I take full blame for all of the frustration and long hours that many have spent finding him.

^direct quote from the mr. magneto section of thier page

imagelarge.jpg

This is not the image of any of the books used, but we recently placed a puzzle/multi geocache in the local public library using these hollow books, shelved and barcoded just like 'real' books.

The books are from Secret Storage Books. The cache is Constance Doty Memorial Geocache.

I guess no idea is truly original. I put one in our local library with the assistance of the library staff.

I handed this book to them and they added a dewey number to it and put it in the reference section with the other "books" that can't be checked out. If you look up "geocaching" in the card catalog you actually get the right dewey address for the book.

I tried this one just for kicks. The lockset I was using made it very difficult. The actual keyhole presented a problem since the tumbler mechanism comes out when you gut the lock. <_<

I also was considering this one seriously. Now that I think about it, I believe that *all* of these mechanisms would be the same, that is, the keyhole is an integral part of the tumbler. I wonder if Kazack could let us know if he/she had the same problem, and how it was overcome?

Cheers,

dak

I tried this one just for kicks. The lockset I was using made it very difficult. The actual keyhole presented a problem since the tumbler mechanism comes out when you gut the lock. :rolleyes:

I also was considering this one seriously. Now that I think about it, I believe that *all* of these mechanisms would be the same, that is, the keyhole is an integral part of the tumbler. I wonder if Kazack could let us know if he/she had the same problem, and how it was overcome?

Cheers,

dak

Here is a rough breakdown of how we built the container. Hope this helps

769b6aa1-2a82-4d33-94c9-7e503a997250.jpg

Edited by Kazack

I tried this one just for kicks. The lockset I was using made it very difficult. The actual keyhole presented a problem since the tumbler mechanism comes out when you gut the lock. :)

Cheers,

dak

Here is a rough breakdown of how we built the container. Hope this helps

769b6aa1-2a82-4d33-94c9-7e503a997250.jpg

Super-glue will eventually break down. Did you consider 2-part epoxy?

9image snipped0

Yeah, I also buy off ebay these magnetos. I think the best price on Ebay is "assort-of-stuff".