Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Hey Cracker, good eye for detail! :ph34r:

Unfortunately, it's an IFS, '87. I had an '81 with a straight axle, but I blew the motor running it with no water.

Who'd a thunk it? <_<

If you go to the Florida Geocaching Association's website, and look at their galleries, I've uploaded pics detailing the whole process. After the silicon dries, I cut along the rim with scissors, trimming back any excess, as well as any "strings" that conect from the lid to the base.

http://65.34.18.106/news.php

I got this box in Guatemala, it's hand made. The cool thing is you have to find out how to open it, it's actually really hard, many can't figure it out. The key and the keyhole are hidden in secret compartments (so is the log book). This is a keychain cache, so this is all the stuff it started out with

44b5f3c5-2757-4a11-9d0a-2696f0218845.jpg

I got this box in Guatemala, it's hand made. The cool thing is you have to find out how to open it, it's actually really hard, many can't figure it out. The key and the keyhole are hidden in secret compartments (so is the log book). This is a keychain cache, so this is all the stuff it started out with

Pretty cool idea, but will it stand up to the weather?

All right... most of the locals don't view this thread.  I haven't shown the pic until now becuase I thought SURELY some people besides the person it's dedicated to would go and find it (buncha losers!). 

So, here's The Rambler Cache:

ramblercachelo.jpg

:P

Complete with "Bionic Reattachment Tool" to open the cache.  Turns out he wears a size 13, so I gave him the other shoe.  He wears it all the time!

You could start a series with this one as part two. :P:o

And look they are both hidden by funny guys named Joe! :P

Just wondering ... SO where do you hide a FAKE LEG CACHE so that it isnt obvious ?????

J

It's in a separate plastic container that I spray painted black so it can be camoflauged better and it will stand against the weather. The only problem is it's only been a few weeks and someones lost the key!! It still works but it's just not as cool.

I have a Question maybe someone could help me with. My dad works for the telephone company and at one of his office buildings had an old telephone poll removed,since a hole is there still and was never filled in all the way, and It wouldnt be burried or covered with Dirt. Would you know if this container I made and the situation of the hole being there could get this approved or not,or if I just wasted my time on it? B)

geocachingcontainers.jpg

geocachingcontainers1.jpg

geocachingcontainers2.jpg

Edited by JimBob2

Whoa, thats kinda evil. In my opinion, it shouldn't have any problems being approved, as you didn't dig, and I'm assuming that you have permission with your dad working there and all.

However, I'm sure you'll see some posts with concerns over a hide that encorages people to monkey with utilities. I'd suggest a subtle marking of some sort that a cacher would recognize, but not look out of place.

I think 2 of the hardest caches I had finding. Was an ammo can Ivy cache only thing is the ammo can was the size of a quarter

And the 2nd is one when I was living in Newport Oregon and a cache there was for you to find it during low tide only and was under the docks since high tide covered it most of the time.

Whoa, thats kinda evil.  In my opinion, it shouldn't have any problems being approved, as you didn't dig, and I'm assuming that you have permission with your dad working there and all.

However, I'm sure you'll see some posts with concerns over a hide  that encorages people to monkey with utilities.  I'd suggest a subtle marking of some sort that a cacher would recognize, but not look out of place.

Yep permission is granted. Most of the people at his work are starting to get into geocaching since that is all we ever talk about too them. Plus the area around it is Landscaped and has sprinklers was thinking of being generous with the hint saying dont get wet or NDS which is the companies name ontop of the lid. Also the box behind it is full of different types of geocaching containers so I will be comming up with ones even more evil then this one.

Edited by JimBob2

There is alot of caches in mine and jimbobs area that have stuff hidden in stuff like this. Just not always as evil as what he is doing since this isnt a microcache like most I have seen are, under parking lot lights right under the cover's at the bottom people hide stuff in those around here alot too. At least it isnt too evil since jimbobs would be behind bushes where no one can see.

Edited by Mystery Ink

QUOTE (Jayperdu @ Oct 10 2005, 04:36 PM)

Looks great but the problem will be someone getting pi--ed off and taking a hammer to it. Sad but true.

I got this box in Guatemala, it's hand made.  The cool thing is you have to find out how to open it, it's actually really hard, many can't figure it out.  The key and the keyhole are hidden in secret compartments (so is the log book).  This is a keychain cache, so this is all the stuff it started out with

looks just like one I got in Disneyland as a kid -

book and key in the bottom compartment -

goodies in the top one?

cc\

I think 2 of the hardest caches I had finding. Was an ammo can Ivy cache only thing is the ammo can was the size of a quarter

And the 2nd is one when I was living in Newport Oregon and a cache there was for you to find it during low tide only and was under the docks since high tide covered it most of the time.

Ah yes, Tidal Weight. that one took me 5 tries before I was able to snag it.

I never could get there at low tide :D

The $C-Kers have some great hides.

Ah yes, Tidal Weight. that one took me 5 tries before I was able to snag it.

I never could get there at low tide :D

The $C-Kers have some great hides.

I think its kind of cool too that they have caches all around the parking lot since they own the little store there. When I use to work on the boats there as a deckhand we use to stop there for food and drinks.They are nice people to talk to and sure do like to hear stories about caching.

Edited by Mystery Ink
Here are mine I have been working on, I have not set these out yet, but they are ready. Sorry if the images are big.

geostuff041.jpg

geostuff042.jpg

Personally, I like it. But you're gonna hear about this one from others :lol:

I'd suggest as in other posts that you add some sort of subtle marking that muggles won't notice, but cachers will that alerts them that it's safe to muck around with this.

I found one once that was very vaguely similar to this. The only reason I checked it was because the owner wrote the cache name initials on the cap. Otherwise I wouldn't even have checked it.

All this to say, I love your idea.

Here are mine I have been working on, I have not set these out yet, but they are ready. Sorry if the images are big.

geostuff041.jpg

geostuff042.jpg

Personally, I like it. But you're gonna hear about this one from others :)

I'd suggest as in other posts that you add some sort of subtle marking that muggles won't notice, but cachers will that alerts them that it's safe to muck around with this.

I found one once that was very vaguely similar to this. The only reason I checked it was because the owner wrote the cache name initials on the cap. Otherwise I wouldn't even have checked it.

All this to say, I love your idea.

I've got one just like this too, but without the sockets. Lift the waterproof lid and there's the log.

The electrical outlet caches are just plain mean but I like them.  We are seeing more and more of these guys where I am in UT.  I am seeing alot of sprinkler head caches too. 

All great ideas but I want to see a cache container that is just bizzare!

I have a picture of one somewhere but I will have to search for it. Its a Ivy cache with a ammo can. Only thing is the ammo can is not as it seems lets just say it is about an inch and you have to search for it along a busy paved path for bicyclists all the way down is ivy. The hint for it is you dont even need to touch the ivy but it is still in the ivy. What makes it even worse is the phone company is right next to it and causes your gps to constantly change cordinates. I am sure there is more that are better, but that one has to be one of the most evil ones I have ever came across.

Edited by Mystery Ink

geostuff046.jpg

It's in the wing

geostuff047.jpg

Thanks to the kindness of ladycacher at a local event last night, I've got this one in my hands right now! I can't wait to HIDE this one!!! The only question is, should it be "dead" or "alive"?

I'm going to use "hooty" for my third night cache.

I was able to clearly see the blinking red eyes from over 300 feet away last night. Positioning the Owl in manner to make him a challenge will make this cache worthwhile. I think i'll design a "fire fly" trail for the first part, then let the cachers spot the Owl from there.

time_clock_l1.jpg

I was able to scam an old time clock from work, similar to this one, that I'd like to use for a cache. If (big if) I can find a spot to plug it in and have it resemble an employee time clock, I'd like to have cachers punch it to get coords for another stage. The trick will be to modifiy the time/date wheel with the numbers I want.

Any other uses for a cool gizmo like this?

geostuff041.jpg

What? No GFIC? I'm going to have to write you up.

That's a nice way of placing an electrical outlet cache. I agree with the others about leaving a hint on the caches web page or marking the cache to let geocachers know it's ok to fool around with it.

A few weeks ago a cacher left a DNF log on one of my caches and emailed me about how he tried his best to get the electrical outlet pulled apart but couldn't. I wasn't even aware that an electrical box was nearby. I later looked at the box and believe it to be abandoned which was lucky for the cacher.

time_clock_l1.jpg

I was able to scam an old time clock from work, similar to this one, that I'd like to use for a cache. If (big if) I can find a spot to plug it in and have it resemble an employee time clock, I'd like to have cachers punch it to get coords for another stage. The trick will be to modifiy the time/date wheel with the numbers I want.

Any other uses for a cool gizmo like this?

You don't have to have the time clock print the coords -

just lock it so it prints the same numbers - then use them with a little math to get the real coords -

like we do for puzzle caches -

cc\

I'm sure it's been done before, but here's a bug hotel made from an old street mailbox.

The container isn't hard to find, but the combination that opens the lock to get inside is what you really need to look for.

Darn I thought I was the first to think of using a mailbox for a container. Mine is still sitting on my work bench waiting on me to find a good location for it.

Dudes and dudettes-

Makes a lot of the caches around here look positively LAME. The tragic truth is, though I am weary of finding tupperware haphazardly wedged under a rock and covered with horizontally placed, equal length sticks or a micro slapped to the back of a guard rail, I don't think we're good enough for the ones we've seen here! LOL!

Actually, the best one we've found HAS been a micro slapped to the back of a guardrail. But it was a nut and bolt designed to match the rest. It stood out because it was shinier and didn't fit the pattern of the rest.

I'm inspired now to TRY and make some nefarious hides of our own. (Our first one is kinda lame and, uh... a tupperware jammed under some leaf cover. LOL.)