Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

There is one here in San Diego called Beer Root (note: Root Beer) GCKMXN that looks like an unopened root beer can. I'm not sure if the can is real or not, because the container looks a little strange with the top being unopened, but completely flat on top and bottom (where normally it is a little round). It is a really cool container, but I didn't have my camera with me.

Just come here for a day and get it. We have enough caches for you to break the 260ish caches-in-a-day record.

Sounds like those "safes" they sell in some of those oddball household goods catalogs. I have an Old Milwaukee beer can here like that. The top of the can screws off to reveal a storage space. I'd like to use it as a cache but I be afraid someone would CITO it...

I did a cache in the woods that used one of those cans. I just can't think of which one right now. Soon as you picked it up you knew it was a fake.

That would have been this one that we did on the Bremerton Cache Machine II last June 18th at roughly o'dark thirty in the morning...scaring those people sleeping in their car as we passed by. :D

There is one here in San Diego called Beer Root (note: Root Beer) GCKMXN that looks like an unopened root beer can. I'm not sure if the can is real or not, because the container looks a little strange with the top being unopened, but completely flat on top and bottom (where normally it is a little round). It is a really cool container, but I didn't have my camera with me.

Just come here for a day and get it. We have enough caches for you to break the 260ish caches-in-a-day record.

Sounds like those "safes" they sell in some of those oddball household goods catalogs. I have an Old Milwaukee beer can here like that. The top of the can screws off to reveal a storage space. I'd like to use it as a cache but I be afraid someone would CITO it...

I did a cache in the woods that used one of those cans. I just can't think of which one right now. Soon as you picked it up you knew it was a fake.

That would have been this one that we did on the Bremerton Cache Machine II last June 18th at roughly o'dark thirty in the morning...scaring those people sleeping in their car as we passed by. :ph34r:

:D I like the cache name. It completely gives it away if you've already found the cache.

this stuf is great!  After reading this forum I made a cache out of a baseball.  It's kinda creepy how much stuff they can fit into a ball that size.  thinking of placing it close to a neerby field. Can't wait to try some of this other stuff. :D

Yea, but kids that lose their baseballs will go searching in the bush for it, and find your cache. I know we use too do that all the time. And they'll be wondering why when they hit the ball it explodes into a puff of paper!

yeah. I was thinking that but I plan on stashing it far enough away from the field that someone couldn't hit it that far. I'll propebly take a real ball and hit it from the end of the field to get a good idea how far to place it. also the cache is much lighter than a real one and anyone formilear with a baseball would notice. But that would be pretty funny if it got hit. :ph34r:

I made a look-a-like rat trap that are being hidden by a company that is working on my area, and i's very easy and cheap to made a resemblanec one

geotrap.jpg

And the message of the sticker makes something clear to geomuggles:

DO NOT TOUCH NOR MOVE FROM PLACE. IT CONTAINS POISON FOR RATS

It is hidden in a tecnologic park

dose anyone know how I can keep an acorn from rotimg? I already have it waterproof but unles I find somthing to prolong it's life It'll be gone by next spring ant the latest.

Acorns are bad containers. Squirrels eat them, bugs live in them, and they rot. A better idea is to use the acorn to create a mold and cast duplicates out of plastic or clay.

6c3eb286-68ad-4f54-90c7-d253a465d0a1.jpg

This multi had some of the most ingenious containers I've ever seen. The owner cut the top open on a soda can, dropped in a 35mm film canister with the coordinates for the next spot in it, put the top back on, and stuck it under a bush. It looked so much like trash that was hard to get to we kept passing it up!

I had a similar find a while back. The micro container had a magnet holding it on the inside of a rusted tin can in a bush. 2 of us walked by it at least 6 times. Great camo! :D

What's your freakin' point? If you're not going to post anything with a point, don't post.

On topic, I've seen a cache similar to one posted earlier-a magnet, paper on the back, numbers on the front, stuck to a sprinkler control. Only reason I found it is the owner walked up while I was poking around at the site :D

• Upvote 1

What's your freakin' point? If you're not going to post anything with a point, don't post.

On topic, I've seen a cache similar to one posted earlier-a magnet, paper on the back, numbers on the front, stuck to a sprinkler control. Only reason I found it is the owner walked up while I was poking around at the site :lol:

I thought that was a point...

oh now look...I posted three points...

there I go again...

grrrr... :D

I thought this one in Duluth, Minnesota was pretty cool.

da8598c2-9d11-405c-b544-d69a7a0d3ae7.jpg

Awesome, that's EXACTLY what I want to do with my ammo can so that I can hide my cache and have it be almost totally muggle-proof. The fake rock path looks great, because you can hack out a space for the can just like that. Alternatively, I think I'll go the plastic automotive filler + sand option. It'll depend on what areas I have to hide it in I guess.

Well, sure, but it worked :D My post was more to the guy posting after him to lighten up a tiny bit, someone posting a pointless reply (much like this one and yours, also) is really not a big problem.

But to stay on topic, so noone will yell at me, where do you get/ what is that foam stuff?

Edited by ScottFla
Can anyone give me an idea of where I may buy a "magnetic sheet" of the type used in that dumpster cache? Great idea...

--IntotheWoods :D

I have seen them at Home Depot and Lowes sold as "magnetic vent covers". They are about 9"X16" or so and they come in a 3 pack. The face of them is also white, if you are willing to shove one into a printer or tack a large sticker on them. There is one like this locally that I SWEAR, it took me 7 times to find. Now that I know this "type" of hide exists, I have a whole new outlook on hiding.

Well, sure, but it worked ;) My post was more to the guy posting after him to lighten up a tiny bit, someone posting a pointless reply (much like this one and yours, also) is really not a big problem.

But to stay on topic, so noone will yell at me, where do you get/ what is that foam stuff?

I got pissed because that wasn't the first time he had posted and said nothing.

If you're talking about expanding foam, you can get the 2 part stuff from www.uscomposites.com (in large quantities, but it's the good stuff that won't expand with moisture/heat) or you can get the canned stuff (can expand with moisture/heat) at Home Depot/Lowes/Etc.

I got pissed because that wasn't the first time he had posted and said nothing.

If that's the case, then there are going to be a lot of people for you to "get pissed at" for using the ;) icon to get their $0.01 in a particularly "spirited" thread. If you feel the urge to lash out at someone like that again, take a break for a few minutes.

From the forum guidelines:

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Thank you for at least keeping your post somewhat on topic, but please do without the flaming or attacking of other forum posters.

I got tired of searching for thos dang urban microminis, so I made this anti micro cache. It has several pourposes, first gives the kids an easy find, second its big enough to trade some of the stuff laying around your house, third its silly,and fourth its a muggle proof TB hotel in the middle of the city

heres the link check out all the pics, 4 so far,

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...36-c5be1e14becc

I got tired of searching for thos dang urban microminis, so I made this anti micro cache. It has several pourposes, first gives the kids an easy find, second its big enough to trade some of the stuff laying around your house, third its silly,and fourth its a muggle proof TB hotel in the middle of the city

Great looking cache. I might be coming out your way soon so I will add it to my list of caches that I'll seek on the way. :blink:

How in the world have people NOT found that??????????????

I agree. It states that it is a 24/7 cache and he'll leave the light on for ya".

Most likely, they didn't read the cache page! It's not like you have to do a puzzle to figure out the combo to the lock, it's right there on the cache page. If I ever go to visit my dad any time soon, I am stopping by that cache! I have a few nice, but useless to me, things that I could put in there!

I guess this thread is finally dying with all the talk about if a cache needs to be marked or how dangerious looking it is...:blink: 

I guess this one is out of the question then...its not marked in any way...the only slight clue is that the PVC pipe coming out of the box is white instead of code grey...but you would not know this unless your an electrician...the funny thing about this one is that the corner where this WAS at was mowed and the tree was trimmed and the people who did this never touched the cache...

Just to add my two cents worth, this might be a bit too out there as a cache. If this were not a cache and I started pulling it out of the ground, sparks could very well fly! Normally you would expect an outdoor outlet to be solid and not move if you tugged or pushed it. I have seen many electrical installations that were not done well and a bit of a tug could put it out of the ground or worse cause the wire to short.

Of course it is a tougher find with no marking and as a cache it is actually entirely safe. Just a thought...

Here are some pics of a couple of hides I used.

If you plan to cache in the Frederick MD area, please don't look them up and stop reading here, they are spoilers to a very tough multicache. You wouldn't want to ruin your (and my) fun would you???

Arcane Tetralogy

Stage 1

Container

I made two of these, one for the cache and one to make the other end of the fence look the same and be a decoy.

No pics of Stage 2

Stage 3

Container Closed

Container Open

These are not uncommon, but this one had a team of 8 "pro" cachers looking for nearly an hour. I was there to watch and I loved it.

Stage 4

Before

After

Tray

This was under a picnic table in a row of 5. If I had wanted to make it nearly impossible to find, I could have done all 5 tables this way, then this one would not stand out.

Actually I think I have come up with a really, really cool cache. I had planned a four stage multi that was not supposed to be all that hard. It is in a restored slum that is now an antique and shopping area. The first three stages will be difficulty 2 at most, and the final was supposed to be inside a coffee shop. It doesn't look like this will be approved so I am looking at outside hides.

The area is very, very sparse with a lot of foot traffic. So it can't just be any old hide. It would have to be something that is part of the landscape. But there isn't any landscape, or is there???

I don't want to say too much here because I am going to make this one a challenge to Team Psycho and I don't want to give it away to them. If you are curious, you can PM me. I guaranty this will be a great one!!! :)

I'm still new to this, and, after spending about 9 hours reading this entire thread, I have to say "Gadzooks!!".

Here in Wyoming, there aren't a whole lot of caches, unlike northern CA, and the ones I've found are just the basic ammo can type stuck in a hole somewhere. I enjoy seeing the hiding places more than the containers.

Some of these I'd never find because I'm not inclined to start taking things apart that don't belong to me. However, some of them give me some good ideas!

Hint: I cut rocks for a semi-retired living.

I think some of the caches in western Arizona can use some challenge besides the 4WD roads to get to them! I'll have to work on something devious.

Anyway, thanks for the pictures. I kinda have a better idea now what I might be looking for!

Spence

Snow Birds

Edited by Snow Birds
Well, since all of the locals have found this one, here's my pine cone cache. It's a real pinecone, which I drilled the center out of (5 pines died in the making of this cache). I used a cut down BIC pen in the hole which had a screw eye in the end.

It took two of the local uber-cachers two tries each to make the find.

000_0034.jpg

You must be an Uber-Cacher yourself!

Every attempt I made at drilling out pinecones resulted in disaster! Not an easy task...

:)

I would imagine that after a short amount of time, every other pine cone within a 20 foot radius would be picked and unscrewed until this was the only one left. Should make it easier to find.

Well, there aren't many pinecones on the tree, and this is the wrong type for the specific tree.

The photo doesn't do the hide justice. I lifted up the branch to take the photo. So, most people knew what they were looking for, they just couldn't find it. It was harder since there were a coupel of trees in the area of the coordinates, butthis one was closest.