Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Wouldn't a bird try and build in there? :)

I'd hate to see a new nest get disturbed. :D

Maybe a fake hole on the front would prevent it. Or is there already?

That was one of my concerns as well so I covered the hole with a thin piece of sheet tin painted black.

If you're more then a few feet away you can't tell :blink:

Wouldn't a bird try and build in there? :)

I'd hate to see a new nest get disturbed. :D

Maybe a fake hole on the front would prevent it. Or is there already?

That was one of my concerns as well so I covered the hole with a thin piece of sheet tin painted black.

If you're more then a few feet away you can't tell :)

OK, now that you say that, I can see it. Didn't notice that before. Just didn't look close enough.

Hmmm... :blink: thanks for the idea for a hiding spot for a future cache.

Got a small park downtown scoped out for a hide, but I didn't want to place a micro. So, I was at a standstill as how to place a hide there. This might just be the ticket.

Gonna have to contact the garden club that does the upkeep for it and ask for permission to place a few bird houses there. I don't think they'd mind!! :D

Just have to let then know what I'm doing with the fake one and get advice on where the best tree to place it on would be. Don't want to be placing one that people will start tromping down their beautiful flowers!

D-man :D

Edited by gridlox

I had a bluebird house I used as a cache box on this cache. Instead of covering over the hole with black metal or plastic, I inserted a film cannister in the hole and covered it with a squirrel guard. If someone looked at the house they could literally see into the hole, but it was so dark that they couldn't tell that the hole wasn't very deep.

Very handy in a high-traffic area. Until the box was opened the person looking for the cache wouldn't really know for sure if the birdhouse was the cache box. At my wife's sugestion I burned in the GC.com logo on the hinged side so it would be a little more obvious to a cacher.

S-4-C

I wanted to wait until a few cachers found this one before I posted the pictures.

The answer to the question I know will be asked is YES I did get permission first. It was not easy but I got it! ;)

Ok...1st Picture...see the cache?

1.JPG

How about now? No it is not in the pipe...

2.JPG

Ok...Maybe this will help!

3.JPG

Closeup

4.JPG

Container

5.JPG

I wanted to wait until a few cachers found this one before I posted the pictures.

The answer to the question I know will be asked is YES I did get permission first. It was not easy but I got it! ;)

Ok...1st Picture...see the cache?

(snipped pic for space)

How about now? No it is not in the pipe...

(snipped pic for space)

Ok...Maybe this will help!

(snipped pic for space)

Closeup

(snipped pic for space)

Container

(snipped pic for space)

Mwwaaaa Mwwaaa!!

devil.gif

That one is just evil!

Along with a LOT of others here!! :(

But definately gives me LOTS of ideas for some creative hides!! :(

D-man ;)

It sure looks invisible to me. Looks like one finding it is kind of exposed to muggles passing by on that sidewalk.

im not too sure about the cache and its hidey hole, but i like the camera strap! :tired:

Hey! That's not a camera strap. That's lanyard of my Garmin Legend.

Hints: pnpur vf va gur yrsg unys bs gur cubgb, ba gur tebhaq, naq ebhaq

This microcache has been pictured previously in this thread, but here's view of it in the field.

26fa2f0d-a56d-4c65-80dc-2af6be7e2e88.jpg

It's located 0.4mi from parking in a 200+ acre nature preserve, but less than 30ft from a sidewalk.  To those who have found, it should stand out in this photo.

Hey! I have been looking at this picture sooooo long I feel stupid that I can't find it. Could you put a circle around the picture in paint and upload it or just describe where it is hidden.

-ChaseOnTheGo

I am trying to make a cache container look like a bird's nest. The container is a

2 x 2 in. round tupperware. i was thinking about putting clay on the outside and then pressing sticks and twigs into the clay. Sound good?

MDSeekers :D

B) I saw one once that was an old birdhouse :(

Could you put a circle around the picture in paint and upload it or just describe where it is hidden.

here1lt.jpg

cowpies2.jpg

Now that's just cool!!

Care to share how you made it? :(

D-man B)

:D I found this cache and it took some searching. I wonder why Akulacat did not post a picture of the peanut? :D

edited for crappy typing :(

Edited by tx Packrat

hey I know that asprin found it at night in the dark and nearly lost my gps . Found two today that were by the same cacher and boy some real thought behind these . One used a rock and then a rubber insect , the other used a wood animal with painted coordinates and a lizard w/rock . Sorry no pics plus I know people who will know which ones I'm talking about .

What a fascinating page this was. The pine cone would certainly be a hard one to locate I must admit. Some devious people out there. The log one is quite a favourite. It's just finding it where it should not naturally be that makes it sometimes easier to find. Great ideas.

How about this magnetic aspirin sized micro? The log is about 1/8 of an inch wide.NanoMicro.jpg

I found one of these yesterday.

In one canyon here, there is a Tupperware container, a "critter" container, a "stump" container, a small Rubbermaid/Tupperware container, an ammo can, and that itty, bitty magnetic "nano micro." :lol:

I took a friend and his kids yesterday. It was a great place to give them an introduction to the depth of deviousness (and normality) cache hiders go to. :lol:

:D If you're looking for some kewl caches - we found an awesome Cache Hider in Jax, FL. The Stressmaster has some awesome hides, such as "Do Bears ___ in the woods?" (Sorry, I wasn't sure how to upload the pix) And, I think we answered the question... :lol:

His caches all begin with "Stresshouse..."

how does one set up an 888 number? costs?

http://www.kall8.com

Couple bucks a month for a random toll-free nationwide number in the US.

Set it up to be forwarded to any existing phone line for no additional charge.

6.7 cents per minute when someone calls.

Very inexpensive.

You can set it up so that it emails you with the caller ID and call details whenever someone calls your toll-free number.

Also, if one person calls repeatedly, you can block the number from which they are calling so they can't ring up your per minute costs.

Lots of control over your number via the online access panel.

SORRY ABOUT THE PICTURE QUALITY I AM TERRIBLE WITH THE COMPUTER COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURE. THE REDIRECT IS THE ONLY THING I THINK I FOCUSED MY CAMERA ON. THIS REDIRECTER IS NOT ON THE SITE I USUALLY JUST GIVE THESE OUT. LET ME TRY AGAIN TO UPLOAD THE PICTURE.

HAPPY CACHING!! :(

Edited by The Junkyard Dogs

:( kayakanimal, I LOVE you :D

Uh..don't tell toolman47.

But this past weekend I was inspired to create a similar cache - tho' I had problems holding the nut & washer assembly to the plastic top of a 35 mm film case.

First, I found if you attach it to the top with epoxy, it's still not strong enough to with stand the pull as you pop the top and the nut & washer comes off. :D SO, I epoxied an rare earth magnet to the inside of the bottom of the container and re-epoxied the nut & washer after drilling a small hole in the bottom to create a direct commection from the magnet to the n & w.

Gads, this sounds like a lot of work, but it wasn't. Anyhow, I used a forsner bit (1 3/8") to drill the hole. The top is a bit bigger than the container. But then it sagged in the hole (I wonder if I shoulda just used a 1 1/2" forsner...) So I used aluminum tape to build up the bottom, near the n&w section and - ah-ha! - the silver of the tape is an additional camo device.

Gads, I love geocachers who share.....! :(

I do not have pictures of these -- and to do so might give away too much -- but around California's North Bay a few containers come to mind: Willard (GCKY8Q) and my crow (GCNKF1) were both interesting in their own ways. I often don't see the purpose of micros, but if you are going to stick one where there are otherwise good hiking trails, then both of these qualify. The container for Willard is obvious from the movie title; the container for my crow is creative in its audacity. And then Assteroids in Bun Land (GCG9Q9) took containers to a new level.

How tough is too tough?

We are avid hikers, and the rougher hikes to the caches the better, but after a few hundred ammo boxes, and typical hides, we are getting a little bored.

We did 4 this last weekend that were a total blast to find.

One was the hollow bolt(had my hand on this one, and still got faked out), an electric outlet, a sewer clean out in an alley, and the last one a red reflector on a post in a park.

I've got some ideas of my own, but they may be too devious.

A & T Hikers

We have a group of "cowboys" out here who put out the most ingenious caches.

Of the 14 I found yesterday, several were by these guys. One entails bringing a 15-foot (preferably, although we used a 12') ladder.

The funniest one was a huge blue barrel out in the scrub brush. Inside the barrel was a five-gallon water bottle. Inside the water bottle were more than 60 35mm film canisters. :huh:

Only one film canister would come out the neck of the bottle at a time and you had to get the one that had the log book in it in order to be able to sign the log.

It took us 58 tries . . . <_<

Another one was an atypical Altoids mint container.

AnyoneForAltoids.jpg

There were 62 Altoids mint containers, and only one held the log . . .

After doing the caches by these guys, finding Tupperware along side a trail is just, well, it's still fun . . . :blink:

We have a group of "cowboys" out here who put out the most ingenious caches.

Of the 14 I found yesterday, several were by these guys. One entails bringing a 15-foot (preferably, although we used a 12') ladder.

The funniest one was a huge blue barrel out in the scrub brush. Inside the barrel was a five-gallon water bottle. Inside the water bottle were more than 60 35mm film canisters. :o

Only one film canister would come out the neck of the bottle at a time and you had to get the one that had the log book in it in order to be able to sign the log.

It took us 58 tries . . . :o

Another one was an atypical Altoids mint container.

AnyoneForAltoids.jpg

There were 62 Altoids mint containers, and only one held the log . . .

After doing the caches by these guys, finding Tupperware along side a trail is just, well, it's still fun . . . :o

:huh::huh::o:D:):D:D That's a good idea.