Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)

AmishHacker

Sorry, you need a federal permit to remove an actual birds nest!  Your's may be  mistaken for one, and then it'll make a cacher a felon :lol:  Really, you do need a federal permit. Perhaps just camoflauge the tupperware.

Are you sure about this? Can you point me to the code or reg?

Check your states WILDLIFE REHABILITOR guidlines. Yes, I am sure.

This microcache has been pictured previously in this thread, but here's view of it in the field.

26fa2f0d-a56d-4c65-80dc-2af6be7e2e88.jpg

It's located 0.4mi from parking in a 200+ acre nature preserve, but less than 30ft from a sidewalk. To those who have found, it should stand out in this photo.

18f1fdcb-94ac-472a-bb97-75217a421910.jpg

Not mine, but one of my favorites. Hidden in the desert, where it's difficult to hide an ammo box without it being obvious (excellent signal, plus lack of natural places to hide). Micros are excellent here. The log is in the hollowed out end of the stick. You have to use the pin in the stopper to get the log out.

This microcache has been pictured previously in this thread, but here's view of it in the field.

26fa2f0d-a56d-4c65-80dc-2af6be7e2e88.jpg

It's located 0.4mi from parking in a 200+ acre nature preserve, but less than 30ft from a sidewalk. To those who have found, it should stand out in this photo.

It doesn't stand out in the phono, how abou taking the photo into Paint and circling the cache then uploading? Just a thought....thanks.

On my last visit to our local Container Store I noticed quite a few items that could be used to make unusual containers of all sizes. Just add your own cammo and it's ready to go. They're a national chain [uSA] so there should be a store close to most. Most for a reasonable amount of cache, so you will be able to stock it and not break the bank. :unsure:

The infamous '35 mm film can'. About the same diameter in several height choices from 1/2" high up to 2" high. Bigger and smaller than the 35 mm film one, for the micro cache fans.

An abundance of the 'Tuppeware container' in a wide range of sizes and colors, for the average size cache fans.

Bulk food storage containers for the oversized cache fans.

even this one which might work well on it's own or be used inside something like the pine one.

I've enjoyed looking at all these creative caches, and I may "harvest" a few ideas for future caches. I do have a question, however. At what point does a camoflauged container cross the line from "creative" to "unfindable"? It seems to me that if you make the cache too obscure, you won't get any finds. I like challenging, but not impossible.

I bought two sub-micro cache containers on eBay. If you just put them out, they look like the heads of bolts about the size one would use on a park bench. They're well designed for a stage of a multi, but I decided to put in a logbook. The logbook is 1 mm high and needs a toothpick to wrap around so it will fit back into the cache.

I haven't placed it yet.

I worried about it becoming outright unfindable, so I painted four dots on the cover, corresponding to the four colors used in the geocaching.com logo. I figure this will be sufficient ID for a geocacher, without being too much of an announcement to others.

I am sure that, were I to put it out without the paint, people in my area would still find it.

Wow, great job on the stenciling and paint.

How did you get it so neat looking?

I TRIED to order Cyrillic vinyl lettering from Staples and they were at a loss so I created an image file of exactly what I wanted and then brought it to Ocean Graphics in Wareham, Massachusetts. They scanned the image file and computer cut all of the graphics so that they were pre-arranged on a sheet. They cut two sheets so that I could label both sides of the cache container.

I also laminated the double sided Finder's Note, so the total cost for that aspect of the project was $27.25.

The cache container is inside the Soviet Juliett 484 guided nuclear missle submarine, so there's no worry about the elements. Though the expense was slightly more than the traditional labels, the professional appearance helped make this one-of-a-kind cache possible.

Industrial as it is, I think it pales in comparison to some of the exceptionally creative hides I've seen depicted so far in the discussion.

There's a lot of care and devotion invested in all of these containers, and for what it's worth, they sure beat the hastily labelled off-the-shelf uncamouflaged Tupperware I keep finding stuffed in rock walls.

What a perpetual disappointment that is!

Saw these pics posted in another thread. I love the idea of custom containers. The fav one I found was a log that was split and made into a container. Please post pics or discriptions if you do not have any pics of Cool Custom Cache Containers (ok CCCC's now)

pinecone3.jpgpinecone2.jpgpinecone.jpg

That is just plain sadistic. :)

Seriuosly, you have a great imagination.