Notice To Users Of My Geocaching.com Toolbar

parkrrrr

It has come to my attention that the URL used by my geocaching.com search toolbar points to my web server by its numeric IP address. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, my ISP has decided that dialup is the future and are dropping all broadband customers at the end of the month (And no doubt going out of business in March, but that's just my opinion.) That means my website will likely be moving soon, and all of you who have been using my Geocaching.com toolbar will find yourselves staring at a "server not found" message instead of a toolbar.

Fortunately, there's an easy way to fix this: If you're using the toolbar, please re-download it and re-install it so the URL can be corrected to one that shouldn't cause this kind of problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Will it work with Mozilla?

Not unless Mozilla understands IE "Explorer Bars." In other words, probably not.

It's really just a painfully simple little web page, combined with some registry magic to make IE see it as "special." I'm pretty sure Mozilla has something similar, but I haven't used it enough to know what you'd have to do to make it work.

Thanks for the update Fuzzy. I've said it before, but thanks again for your contribution and for your ongoing vigilance to keep the toolbar going. Now when I log onto any other computer than my own, I go through toolbar withdrawals!

Edited by Woof!
Will it work with Mozilla?

Not unless Mozilla understands IE "Explorer Bars." In other words, probably not.

It's really just a painfully simple little web page, combined with some registry magic to make IE see it as "special." I'm pretty sure Mozilla has something similar, but I haven't used it enough to know what you'd have to do to make it work.

It should be relatively simple to turn this into a Mozilla Sidebar. I'll take a look at it and see what I can come up with.