Upinyachit's Retiring Post

Duane was on the list.  So is Sax man, just not at the top.

WooHoo! I'm on the list! I can quit now! :)

We could start a topic. "Forum Suicide Practice Area" then you could quit again and again...

OOOOoooooooOOOOOooooo, the post counts that could be raised in there....Don't go giving out good ideas like that RK.

I tried to do that so the usual suspects could raise their counts in a constructive way. There wasn't much interest.

Sn :):) gans

I happen to agree in principal with Duane. He posts about a fundamental ingredient in geocaching an CO Admin killed it after 1 reply.

CO.... If your so worried about a harmless thread wasting forum bandwidth why didnt you shut down this one? Its degenerated into drivel.

Thread starters have their own close topic button. Whatever happened to communication. You could have expressed your concerns and made a reasonable attempt to justify your opinion but you drew so fast you shot yourself in the foot.

CO.... If your so worried about a harmless thread wasting forum bandwidth why didnt you shut down this one? Its degenerated into drivel.

But thats not why he shut it down. This section of the forum is for geocaching related subjects only with the excaption of a few ot threads allowed to exist. Could duane have made it geocaching by rewording his question? Why sure! but as it stood it really didn't have anything to do with geocaching... internet service providers maybe... but not caching.

That was stupid to close that thread...that topic was on topic technically. We have to have an internet connection t oget on here...no offense, but it's no different than "how much does geocaching cost you" or "name my dog", or any of those other type of threads. Lighten up on the kill switches...

What gets me is that you use the "Report" button and then 6 hours or more later, they finally get around to saying something to someone, but don't warn them or anything.

As RK said, see you on the dark side...<wink-wink>

I really don't think Duane's topic should of been shut down so fast. Just because he said how much he pays for high speed internet. Actually that topic was a good one, now whenever they get high speed internet up and running up here in Loveland, I'll have a good idea of what it could cost. And I won't be willing to spend that amount because some cacher pre-informed me. Thanks Duane!!

This CarleenP avatar is getting confusing. Could you guys mix it up a bit, maybe put a hat on her or something? I am so bewildered I think I am going to geocide.

Never mind, Ani just informed me that I was already bewildered. It seems that is the dominant state of my persona. :)

I'll give you a hint on how to tell the differnce...

Its very subtle so you have look closely.

If you look above the avatar you will see a name! That's it!! :)

This CarleenP avatar is getting confusing.  Could you guys mix it up a bit, maybe put a hat on her or something?  I am so bewildered I think I am going to geocide.

Never mind, Ani just informed me that I was already bewildered.  It seems that is the dominant state of my persona.  :)

:)

This CarleenP avatar is getting confusing.  Could you guys mix it up a bit, maybe put a hat on her or something?  I am so bewildered I think I am going to geocide.

Never mind, Ani just informed me that I was already bewildered.  It seems that is the dominant state of my persona.  :)

:)

As Sparky put it, (well, I'll paraphrase), most men look at the chest area first.

Funny, I never mentioned bandwidth.

This thread is drifting from topic, let try to keep it on topic please.

Actually, I thought we should just this topic going until Upinyachit comes back. Is it hurting anyone by doing so? If it isn't bandwidth you're concerned about, why close it?

Act like you arn't having fun and everything will be ok.

Hey guys!

It's me, Candie. You know, Duane's wife. :mad:

I just finished reading this thread and it's been great reading it; very entertaining. :bad:

Most of you agreed with Duane, and I, too agree with him. What you pay for the internet has a lot to do with geocaching. How fast your cache pages load, being on the forums, etc. We pay that much because we want total access to whatever we want, when we want. Believe me, when you lose your internet, all ^%$$ breaks lose in this house! In a nutshell, we enjoy the internet, including geocaching.com and we want to get the very best service, so we pay. That is my comment on that issue.

I also must say that we are in no way banned from the "other" site. Those forums aren't as crazy as this one. We like to be kick back, and be able to talk to fellow geocachers without someone up your a** all the time. Take this thread, for example. IT'S STILL GOOOOOOING!!! HOLY COW!! How can an off-geocaching topic like this one still be going, but yet CO Admin wants to close a great topic like the one he closed after one reply? Sorry.......just don't get it. Rules or not, that closure was done on purpose, in my opinion; maybe to throw a little weight around by the CO Admin., who knows? :blink:

For the record, Duane is in no way committing geocide, as you all put it. (That's funny!) The other post in which you are referring to with the picture of the jackass was because we didn't get "the joke" that we thought was directed towards us when in fact it was played on whom ever saw it, only we didn't realize it. (Did you get that? LOL) We were ready to toss our tower right out the window! Duane and I both fell for it, therefore, we were portraying our "a**" and acknowledging our mistake.

To those of you that enjoy reading some of our posts, and would miss Duane on the forums, thanks. He is dedicated to geocaching and to the forums and is constantly trying to think of new topics. It's entertaining or you all wouldn't be here in the first place. He does have every right to be upset, but he will never ever give up geocaching or the forums. :blink:

For those who are occasionally perturbed with Duane, well, I don't think he's going anywhere. EVAAA!!!! There is a simple solution, though. If you don't like the topic, then don't post to it. It's better than being rude and a butthead! :huh:

See ya guys!

Candie

:huh:

Whenever I get sad and bored, I just find one of these topics and laugh my butt off. Some of the funnist reading on the net are these types of forums.

One day we are all a bunch of jerks and boneheads.

A couple of days later, if that long, they are back saying something along the line of it was all a mistake, it was all a joke, it was a misunderstanding, it was all a dream, etcetc. Take your pick.

It reminds me of a lot of soap opera's on tv. One trying to top the next.

How many people who have really left the game ever announced it?

Anyway, thanks for the laughs and I will let the next chapter be written.

logscaler.