How Much Do You Pay For Geocaching?

Not only do I pay $3.00 a month for my premium membership here, I also pay $12.95 for my dial-up access.

I also pay a lot for gas, since the Geo-Tank only gets 12 MPG off-road. I did take the Honda on a caching trip today logging 5 caches and about 115 miles.

I won't even get into how much containers and trade items cost... :)

How much do you pay for Geocaching on a regular basis?

Not only do I pay $3.00 a month for my premium membership here, I also pay $12.95 for my dial-up access.

I also pay a lot for gas, since the Geo-Tank only gets 12 MPG off-road. I did take the Honda on a caching trip today logging 5 caches and about 115 miles.

I won't even get into how much containers and trade items cost... :D

How much do you pay for Geocaching on a regular basis?

I seem to remember a thread about this somewhere.......uh Markwell.....

:D:):):):D:D:)

Hmmm this is a good question

Containers about $100 since I started

Trade Items about $50 Since I started

Gas probably around $700 since I started

Having more reasons to get outside and seeing new areas worth every penny.

( you thought I was going to say priceless huh)LOL :)

Company car company gas. Uncle Sam hits me for personal use tax about $200 per year m/l About 10% personal miles exclusively for caching making total cost $20/yr not counting buisness trip caches.

average cache placed cost $20 I have 15 active and have lost 4 for approx $361 m/l (one was a $1 match box)

typically about $5 / week on trinkets m/l $260 /yr

Perhaps $30 m/l batteries

$350 GPS purchased specifically for caching

buncha cool flashlights $50 m/l

Estimated cost for my first year $1071

A bit more expensive than it looks eh?

I don't know why you would figure your internet access in unless you use it solely for geocaching.

Hmmmm, what if you upgraded for geocaching?

I personally never had any use for the internet before geocaching. I still don't have a puter at home. Heck, the OC3 connection that I'm on right now.....Size DOES matter!

Sn :):) gans

You know, that weird cat bugged me at first, but he's ok. :)

Until you look really close and notice the cats face is almost human...then it creeps you out all over....but in a ...I can't turn my eyes away kinda way... :)

When you see the big picture you'll realize how bad it really is :)

Bad as in....I will have trouble sleeping....or bad as in...if you go to sleep you will have nightmares.... ? :)

Bad as in....I will have trouble sleeping....or bad as in...if you go to sleep you will have nightmares.... ? :)

Nightmares don't begin to describe it :)

Ut O....nevermind...don't want to see it....no way....ain't gonna happen...I like my dreamless sleep... :)

Nightmares don't begin to describe it :)

Ut O....nevermind...don't want to see it....no way....ain't gonna happen...I like my dreamless sleep... :)

Did I forget to mention that some of us have paid more for geocaching than others?

172989_900.jpg

We pay about $50.00 a month for our DSL. Add the milage of caching in New Mexico (traveling far distances to find caches), the equipment (GPS, hiking sticks, compass, camera), and if you wanted to break it down further vehicle upkeep, insurance, food for travel etc. it can add up to a decent amount of change. :)

SPARKY.....what have you done with the wet cat !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The last time this topic was up I figured it was somewhere around four grand. Since then we have bought a Windows laptop specifically for caching, two more gpsr's, bigger stronger radios, and a pickup truck load of assorted ammo containers. so figure another fifteen hundred for that. Then I made the big geocaching purchase. I was tired of having to take two vehicles whenever five or six of us wanted to go hunt out of town together, So i bought a Ford Excursion Limited 4X4, to replace my king cab dodge ram 4X4. The good news I can now take up to nine of my caching buddies almost anywhere, with room for all of their gear and lots of power points for all of our toys. The downside, 12.5 mpg highway as gas prices come back up. On the other hand it has a nearly six hundred mile range with a full tank, but $60+ to fill up. BUt after the first few trips with five or six people cruising down the road or off the road in severe leather clad comfort, i will have to say it it the best nearly 50K I have spent this year. Does seem overkill for caching alone though.

This month caching is cheap, but next month it will get expensive... This month, about 50$ in gas, 25$ for duct tape, rope, and trinkets, 20-30$ in bug spray, calamine lotion, antibiotic ointment, etc.

Next month ... my wife is complaining that she needs a laptop so 500$ (tax write off), I need a GPS myself looking at the iQue (another 600$), and I need a laptop myself for when I can't use hers (another 500$) then there's all the geocaching software (figure another 500 or so $) then include the other near 100$ from above.

Marquoz

if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried.

Add the milage of caching in New Mexico (traveling far distances to find caches) <snip>

Aren't you down near Las Cruces somwhere? Make a day-trip to Albuquerque and you'll get plenty of finds to make it worth it. I've already done most of the Albuquerque caches, so I'll need to head down south to add several finds in one day.

Nope not Cruces, Artesia.

There are not alot of cachers down around here, so cache growth is slow.

I placed two and a virtual this weekend, but there is a limit to how many we are willing to do because of distance. Two of my caches are 60 miles from here, but they are on a route we take frequently.

And Albuquerque is not a day trip for us....LOL

Between caching and shopping its at least 3 days... :bad: