Great American Baseball Stadium Travel Bug Race!!!

Team PEZ

This sounds like fun. If it was the summer and baseball season was in full swing, I'd give it a go.

why wait that long? come and join us!

and yes - we will be having a football stadium race too!

corey

team PEZ

While it's not exactly a football stadium race check out this link.

I'd like to get some more "TB/Football" games going between football cities

TB Football

There are currently two games going. Click on the respective links once you get to the page. :)

Edited by Eric K
This sounds like fun. If it was the summer and baseball season was in full swing, I'd give it a go.

why wait that long? come and join us!

and yes - we will be having a football stadium race too!

corey

team PEZ

While it's not exactly a football stadium race check out this link.

I'd like to get some more "TB/Football" games going between football cities

TB Football

There are currently two games going. Click on the respective links once you get to the page. :)

wow - what an interesting concept too! but i think ill stick with the baseball race and then when football starts up, i will release that race info then.

corey

Team PEZ

We will perhaps send you a TB, and of course since we are from Europe will it in that case be a soccer ball :unsure::bad:

We will let you know if we are gonna send a bug or not...

great - hope to see you aboard. its gonna be a great race. we welcome people from all over the world to enter. and remember, its FREE!

corey

Team PEZ

:D Sounds like great fun! I think I will be sending you one to enter. I know you have the link for questions, but many may have this question: for those who mail you a bug, how will the bug get entered? I know the owner will have to activate the bug prior to sending it; I presume you will enter the bug into the cache (race) when received? Thanks for a great idea!

welcome aboard catcher24 ... great to have you aboard. just go to the website, email us, and we will send you all the info!

as for your tb getting started - thats easy. once i receive it, you can then post a note about entering the race and electronically "drop" your tb on the race page. it will start from zip code 30144, regardless of where you are (we have quite a few international entries.)

if you are still stuck, let me know and i will walk you thru it.

again, welcome aboard!

corey

team PEZ

It's so hard to find the right bug...

yea i know ... but it doesn't have to be baseball-ish ... when i need a travel bug, i just raid my nieces playroom! you wouldn't believe the great stuff i've found there!

i hope this means that you are joining the race!

corey

team PEZ

:rolleyes: I'm a little confused by this statement from your cache posting:

There will be a drawing for travel bug racers. You must be present to win. Each person in attendance will receive 1 ticket. There is no set limit of racers. Watch this cache to see the contestants arriving.

If you are interested in participating, whether dropping off or mailing a travel bug racer, you WILL be eligible win a travel bug racer, just not your own.

What exactly does that mean? It sounds like we mail you our travel bug to participate in the race, but it goes into a pool first. Then each participant gets a TB from the pool to enter into the race, but not the one they submitted. Is that about right?

:huh: I'm a little confused by this statement from your cache posting:

There will be a drawing for travel bug racers. You must be present to win. Each person in attendance will receive 1 ticket. There is no set limit of racers. Watch this cache to see the contestants arriving.

If you are interested in participating, whether dropping off or mailing a travel bug racer, you WILL be eligible win a travel bug racer, just not your own.

What exactly does that mean? It sounds like we mail you our travel bug to participate in the race, but it goes into a pool first. Then each participant gets a TB from the pool to enter into the race, but not the one they submitted. Is that about right?

thanks for you question, btouch.

at meetings and events, there are usually more participants than travel bugs present. so we have drawings to see who gets to take a travel bug with them. this is how the race will begin. however, no one will be able to take their own travel bug racer.

if you mail in one, someone at the event cache, will walk away that day, with your racer to be placed in a cache at their discretion. at that point, the race is on.

we hope that you can make it to kennesaw, so you too, can possibly take home a travel bug racer!

and dont forget - you get a :D if you come!!!! :D

hope that helps - let us know if we can help you further!

corey

Team PEZ

:D Oh, OK, now I get it. Thanks for helping me. I'll be sending my bug as soon as I can find something I like to attach it to. Oh, one other thing... In the rules it states

After the start of the race, no travel bug racing owner can handle ANY of the racers at any given time.

I assume that's so that no racers will hold captive another racer's TB. So are only non-racers going to be allowed to leave the meeting with the TBs?

BTW, I would love to make it to the meeting, but I doubt I'll be able to make the four(?) hour drive.

I assume that's so that no racers will hold captive another racer's TB.  So are only non-racers going to be allowed to leave the meeting with the TBs?

glad your questions were answered! as for handling travel bugs, everybody at the event will be eligible to win a bug(s) - just not their own. it will be explained at the event that all travel bugs must be placed within a 7 day time period. once the bug is placed, from that point on, no one involved in the race, is allowed to move a bug.

hope that helps! when you get that right bug, be sure to email us at travelbugracer@yahoo.com for mailing info!

corey

Team PEZ

Team Pez - I have just discovered that linking to the participant list and the main race page appears to download the spyware "Avenue A, Inc" (Spybot S&D caught it, thankfully) along with the other information. As I DESPISE :D spyware, I cannot in good conscience enter a race that will be having MANY people clicking on links that will be downloading this to their computers without their knowledge :D . I am therefore VERY sorry B) to be unable to participate - especially since I found the perfect bug to enter yesterday. If this is not the case, let me know and I would gladly participate. But I have found Spybot to be very accurate in the past, so I have to belive this is happening. Sorry.

Team Pez - I have just discovered that linking to the participant list and the main race page appears to download the spyware "Avenue A, Inc" (Spybot S&D caught it, thankfully) along with the other information. As I DESPISE :D spyware, I cannot in good conscience enter a race that will be having MANY people clicking on links that will be downloading this to their computers without their knowledge :D . I am therefore VERY sorry B) to be unable to participate - especially since I found the perfect bug to enter yesterday. If this is not the case, let me know and I would gladly participate. But I have found Spybot to be very accurate in the past, so I have to belive this is happening. Sorry.

!!!!

this is the very first time i've ever heard of this ... of course, i will look into this immediately.

but dont let this deter you from joining the race.

TP

Team Pez _ WHOA, FAST reply! You must monitor this board all the time! I didn't think you had anything to do with the spyware. I see that Angelfire is the host of the race homepage, and also host of the entrants picture page. I strongly suspect that they are the ones sending the spyware along with the page from their server (I would bet that if you review the policy you agreed to in order to use their service, you agreed to let them do this). I would really LOVE to enter the race, so I think what I may do is send along my TB, but on my TB's page, I will enter a LARGE disclaimer that linking to the race home page (NOT the event cache page at gc.com) or linking to the participant photo page may cause Avenue A, INC to be downloaded. The stadium list link is OK - and amazingly enough, it is NOT hosted by Angelfire. I understand this may handicap me as far as winning the race is concerned, but it is the only way I can feel comfortable entering. If this is OK with you, I will probably do it. BTW, you might wish to place a similar disclaimer on the Event Cache page at gc.com if you cannot resolve the matter.

Avenue A is a company that handles "customer" information. Many web sites write cookies on your computer to store information about your visits. Avenue A uses a web beacon and cookie system to record information on their server about your visits to their client's web sites. I use Spybot too and it found an Avenue A cookie on my computer along with a number of other "spying ones". Spybot didn't report that Avenue A installed anything, other than a cookie.

If you allow cookies in your browser, then these things happen. If you don't like cookies, then disable them.

Edited by brad.32

Brad32 - Yes, I am aware there are different levels of spyware. Although Avenue A only places a cookie, it still transmits information regarding your surfing habits back to the website that placed it. Thankfully, it is not one of the obnoxious ones that pops up ads even when you are offline. However, to me an uninvited guest - be it big or small - is still uninvited. I have third party cookies disabled and have had for some time. I only allow session cookies.

Edited by catcher24

Is it possible to get the next one in text? I had to cut & paste into homesite in order to read it. (Sorry, but you're probably the only person in the past year who sent me mail worth reading in HTML. Normally HTML = virus or spam, so I disabled HTML in my e-mail long ago...)

And if not, don't worry. I can cut and paste with the best of them.