The Mysterious "Q".........?

qhtxvckfkfl

Hope this becomes a popular twist to the game. But how would you trade up or even for the $?

TNLN Went out to dinner at a 4 star restaurant and then for a 2 week Hawaiian Vacation. :blink:

Or not..

Seriously though, if someone found $1k in a cache I doubt they log it...

I found $20 in a park while DNF'ing a cache last week and I was happy. :unsure: I can't imagine finding a couple hundred or more

I know that team in the Vancouver area has been putting together caches with hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of stuff, but for someone who comes by and just dumps off a couple grand....hmmmm.

BTW, how do you "trade up"?

And from a personal standpoint, if you found 10 grand in a cache, would you take it all, or some? Upon thinking this over, I think I may take half, or most, and leave a good chunk of change for the next finders....but I'll make sure I'd leave some really nice item in return. Heck, maybe even my GPS.

My theory...Q is VERY wealthy and may be a celebrity who does NOT want his name to be known....?

I find that the "wealthy people" are wealthy by NOT giving their money away. :unsure:

Have you seen the reports in the media of the Billions that The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation gives away every year?

The amount he gives away is stunning.

:blink: Would someone please tell me how to invite 'Q' to our next event cache. :unsure:

It's called Showmedamoney cache. :D

On a more serious note-I have catered for some very rich people; private planes, yachts, multiple homes etc. Fitzgerald is right-they are different than you and me.

They are all very generous with charitable giving, most have worked their a** off the get there and don't mind sharing what it can buy, but I cannot imagine any of them just leaving large bills behind in a cache.

Seriuos side off now:

Hey wait a minute-none of them know about geocaching, yeaa that's the ticket-I need to take them on a hike. :D:D:D

edit to add serious note :D

Edited by wimseyguy
Hope this becomes a popular twist to the game. But how would you trade up or even for the $?

You could take money leave JEEP (or Hummer)! :) Or if he didn't sign the logbook and write about putting in the $ you can just take it because it wasn't ever "officially" there. Nobody but you and him would ever know :) , well your neighbor might when you get the new car but thats beside the point

I know that team in the Vancouver area has been putting together caches with hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of stuff, but for someone who comes by and just dumps off a couple grand....hmmmm.

BTW, how do you "trade up"?

And from a personal standpoint, if you found 10 grand in a cache, would you take it all, or some? Upon thinking this over, I think I may take half, or most, and leave a good chunk of change for the next finders....but I'll make sure I'd leave some really nice item in return. Heck, maybe even my GPS.

I think you mean Vancouver Island. And its tens of thousands :bad: