Swedish Garmin Manuals

AandS

Just bought a Garmin GPS 72 as a present, but I am unable to find a swedish manual for it online. The Magellan SportTrak I bought a yea ago came with manuals in many different languages, but the Garmin came with just American(er I mean English).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? :unsure:

Thanks

AandS

I had an intresting discussion with a guy in a fishing department. Apparantly, Garmin only supply swedish manuals in GPS units bought in Sweden, to stop swedish speaking customers buying units aborad (UK/USA) at a much cheaper price. Is this legal/correct?

As I said at the beginning of this topic, I bought a Megallan SportTrak and recieved more manuals in more languages than I could shake a stick at. It seems Garmin are artificially keeping their prices high in countries like sweden, where Magellan don't.

I shall not be buying Garmin anymore...... :bad:

AandS

Agreed, but can they do so at a premium? If so, I would advise swedish punters to buy a Magellan from the UK/US where they appear to be a lot cheaper, and with the benefit of receiving a swedish manual.

I just don't think it is fair to charge people differently based upon the language they use.

I am going to write to Garmin and ask them to explain this to me.

AandS

I would recommend you to look at konsumentverket.se where they have a lot of informations and also links to the different laws regarding you as costumers.

When you buy something in Sweden shall it have a swedish instruction. But you can't expect that you can get it if you buy the product in a different country.

I mean, the dealer in for example UK can't have manuals in 80 different languages for one machine. But perhaps you can find the manual on the internet?

But I don't think you can require the local authorized import company to give you a swedish manual...

I agree they cannot have manuals for all languages, but swedish is a language on the machine itself. I guess I am just angry because of the assumption I made that Garmin would have a similar policy for manuals as Magellan.

Nevermind....

AandS

Edited by AandS