Can You Say Duh!!!

Cachengrab

Well I am having a rough weekend here. I went and scouted a cache area on Fri. after work. Found and marked the 3 places for my Multi-Cache went home and figured it out on mapsource. (next day Saturday and 30 degrees below celcius)All okay and no interferance with other caches. Plant the cache(s) get home and submit.

Note from approver.....Too close to existing cache lalalalalalala. Hmm must be a mistake plotted out the cache and shoot forgot to check the final position. Cache Tech right I am a dumb dumb. Liberal interpetation on my behalf not stated by approver. Ok I will go out tomorrow and move 3rd point to proper distance.

Today I am out and I relocated the Cache ****note**** this cache is 25 miles from home . Just lovely looks good and secure, mark cache, note co-ords change tag at point 2 and proceed home. Go to submit listing and guess what happens next?

Duh! hit me square between the eyes. I deleted my waypoints before I left the cahe area. I think I now am a new applicaint for this years Darwin Awards.

So now tomorrow or the next day I will get in my car drive the 25 miles remark points 1,2,3 and submit my new cache. :D

Edited by Cachengrab
So now tomorrow or the next day I will get in my car drive the 25 miles remark points 1,2,3 and submit my new cache.

Or you could just cry and scream that the approver is "retarded" and threaten to steal all the caches in the area and bury them. :D Sorry I couldn't help it.

Bad boy! I'd give myself a 20% warning but I can't. Seriously you handled the situation very well. You've got the patient of a saint.

Edited by JMBella

I kind of know the feeling, but under other circumstances...lol.

I once went and checked on one of my caches that is a couple of hours from the house. It is on a beach near Sabine, Texas.

A couple of days later it was washed away by a hurricane..... so back out I go to replace it the NEXT weekend...LOL.

The same hurricane got three or four of my caches in the same sweep...

Such fun we're having!!!!!!

:D:D:unsure::blink::D