Anyone Speak Spanish?

I can't do any better with the translation, but I see that their log on the cache page includes the TB's number - you might want to ask them to remove it. (Perhaps that's why you want to email them).

I notice that they left a lighter in the cache... :D

Edit: Hmmm, only six finds, and that was the last one, six months ago... But their profile says they visited gc.com a few days ago.

Edited by Bill D (wwh)
I see that their log on the cache page includes the TB's number - you might want to ask them to remove it.  (Perhaps that's why you want to email them).

Bill - Thanks for letting me know about the TB number - I hadn't seen that. I was actually going to e-mail this cacher as he/she has had the TB since July.

DeputyDawg - thanks but that translator can't cope with p'a, guell or jaus either. Time for plan B.

Lisa

Looks like Spanglish to me, with some strange idioms.

P'a seems like an abbreviation of para (to, toward), while guell and jaus are pronounced well and house, and may be intended as English words. They both make sense in context.

My Spanish is rusty, but I suspect it's:

"I take it with me to go to the Iberian peninsula. I don't know where I will place it, but for the moment it is very well in my house. I will make a communication where I leave it."

I can't promise to do a very good job of translating English to Spanish, but if Plan B doesn't bear fruit, I may be able to help you with an email to the finder. (His grammar isn't anything to shout about either...)

Edited by evilrooster
Looks like Spanglish to me, with some strange idioms.

I agree with you, Gallo Malo. "Very" is also not a Spanish word. My Spanish is not that good, but it appears that an attempt was made by him to use an English phrase. I'm less than good with the dialects of Spain. I checked a few other logs, and it seems this travel bug was the only time he attempted this "Spanglish". I noticed that 'objeto viajero' was used for 'travel bug'. Being more familiar with the Spanish spoken by Mexicans, I would rather this be called 'cucaracha viajera'. Yes, this is the wrong forum. :bad:

Barely noticed the "very"...it's been far too long since I spoke Spanish for any length of time, and the English words just slip by me.

"Spanglish" is what we used to call it when we English-speaking students of Spanish tried to mix the two languages. It looks like this cacher was going the other way, from Spanish to English. Maybe call it Espangles? Inglen~ol? (how do you get a tilde over the n?)

I'm very glad that minstrelcat isn't going to have to rely on my Spanish to get her through, though!