Post A Pic Of Yourself Caching

ChrisCindy

You made your 72 year old dad climb a tree!?! For Shame!!

Next thing you know, you'll be asking him to buy you car!

LOL. Actually my Mom asked him to climb the tree. She also bought me the car. <_<

Yes, I'm the one who asked him to climb the tree. He's good at things like this even though he is two years older than I am. B) Here he's retreiving a cache from the mud and cypress knees under a pier in Florida.

80065_300.JPG[/img]

NevaLP, AKA CarleenP's mom

495c4f7d-d854-4575-a19e-264c6edc994f.jpg

I recognize this cache. Isn't it The Bog, in Lynnwood?

I don't see this picture in it's gallery.

Yes, leatherman, you are absolutely right (very right <_<). You know your caches. For that, I'll buy you a beer (maybe two) should we ever cross paths. And no doubt we will at some point locally. Just don't punch me, I'm really a nice guy (for a liberal).

I loaded the picture up, pasted it to my post, then deleted it. I did not post this to the gallery for several reasons: 1) at the time there was no resizing feature and I couldn't figure out how to do it with the limited photo software capabilities I currently have on my computer, 2) it would have revealed too much about the cache location, and 3) I am very protective of my children and family and have been reluctant to post pictures of them. But I have come to trust more the confidentiality we have here in these forums and on geocaching.com. Plus, the forums are filled with generally nice people who, occasionally, butt heads like family members do.

This photo was taken before The Bog moved locations. Now that its moved, the photo offers no useful clue. We'll be back to claim the new location and maybe post a photo.

But dang good guess there leatherman!

Nevalp wrote:

Here he's retreiving a cache from the mud and cypress knees under a pier in Florida.

I went looking though your gallery for that specific pic and couldn't fid it! I guess you probably didn't put it on the cache page because it shows the location. Anyway, I'm glad you posted it! :rolleyes:

Is it part of the geocaching uniform to have a goatee type beard? It seems that 90% of the picts have late 20's mid 30's round bellied white skinned goatee wearing mugs on them. :)

This sure is fun though to see everyone's picture. Good to put a face to the name.

Kirk out.

kyan.jpg

"Goatees are soooo last century! Get a shave! And make sure you use some product as well! A clean-shaven, good looking geocacher is much more likely to bag that FTF!"

Is it part of the geocaching uniform to have a goatee type beard? It seems that 90% of the picts have late 20's mid 30's round bellied white skinned goatee wearing mugs on them. :)

This sure is fun though to see everyone's picture. Good to put a face to the name.

Kirk out.

I'd rather see goatee than goatse.

Nice Vista! How the caching with a Baby on the back? I will be doing so as soon as it warms up enough for him.

That little girl will be a year old on Friday, believe it or not... I'm almost done building her a new toy wooden scooter with ping-pong balls in the wheels. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Since we don't HAVE a babysitter, when it's even close to what I consider "warm enough" outside she's along for the ride. That baby backpack is highly recommended! Very comfy.... it's a Evenflo Trailblazer. Got a pocket on the back that will hold a small amount of stuff, but not a lot.

That little girl will be a year old on Friday, believe it or not... I'm almost done building her a new toy wooden scooter with ping-pong balls in the wheels. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Since we don't HAVE a babysitter, when it's even close to what I consider "warm enough" outside she's along for the ride. That baby backpack is highly recommended! Very comfy.... it's a Evenflo Trailblazer. Got a pocket on the back that will hold a small amount of stuff, but not a lot.

I have a simualr Model from Mountain Equipment Coop. It has a surdy but lightweight aluminum frame as well as plenty f storage. Een a detachable daypack. It's fantastic but right now -25 C is a little cold for a 71/2 month old. Can't wait to get him caching.

Is it part of the geocaching uniform to have a goatee type beard? It seems that 90% of the picts have late 20's mid 30's round bellied white skinned goatee wearing mugs on them. :D

Kirk out.

The gotee helps to hide the fact that I have no chin. White round bellied, check.

20 late 20's mid 30's, weeeeelllll like I told the mMrs. this weekend after moving all my shop tools into storage, "I aint 40 anymore!" .

Here's me on the way back from a failed attempt at the Stratton Mtn Cache (technical difficulties with the other sled).2fe28107-6bdc-400d-b635-7e68d4ce9591.jpg

And since I do not photograph well and am too old to give a doot what I look like while caching, here's me on top of MT Monadnock with the State High Point Seeker II TB, having my worst hair day ever on a windy day at 3165 elevation:

1313770_200.JPG

Having fun at Dennis Hill:

5f16f8db-aedd-4820-b7ab-9b8fed8954a4.jpg

The mann in my canoe, and Ttepee in the other:

1701313_500.JPG

Yup SoCal for life!

Been there, done that. Born and raised in SoCal. Great place to grow up in the 60s except during smog alerts. Three times as many people there now. There's still a lot of cool places there and you can't beat the climate. But its like the line in the Eagles song says - "call a place paradise, kiss it goodbye." I did.

ed:sp

Edited by astheravenflies
that picture makes me glad I live in SoCal

I'd find the endless summer to be pretty boring. Give me 90 degree summer days, crisp fall nights and -10, with 3 feet of snow in the winter. The changing seasons add so much to life. And above all, how can you enjoy the beauty of spring, if you haven't been through winter? Ahhh, you SoCal and Fla people couldn't understand :blink:

Edited by briansnat