? For Current Users Of 2610

It isn't really a factor for me at all. In a recent 700 mile(one way) road trip, I stopped for fuel only twice. The total "stopped time" including rest stops to stretch my legs was only about 45 minutes, so it's pretty easy to add this to my "total trip time" and has no effect at all on "moving time". I personally, am o.k. with the fact they left the batteries out of the thing. The older SP-3 was to danged heavy with all those AA's in it, and they were alway dead when I wanted them anyway! Unlike my V, which I often carried into the field, the new one is only carried from my house or motel/hotel room into my truck. I like the lightness of the new unit much better than keeping it powered up during fuel stops. I suppose you could always just leave your key turned on while fueling...

I suppose you could always just leave your key turned on while fueling...

Thanks Alphawolf.

I guess I'll start out by leaving the ignition key in the Acc position with an extra key in pocket to unlock doors and get back in. This may turn out to be a headache and I'll have someone wire the cigarette lighter to be powered all the time.

This may turn out to be a headache and I'll have someone wire the cigarette lighter to be powered all the time.

My Ford Explorer (as with many other newer vechicles) has an extra cigarette lighter plug that is powered all the time. In the truck I used to have I just wired the plug to a hot all the time wire coming off the fuse block. That's usually the easiest way to do it.