2004 Cannonball Run Logo Contest

Dekaner

After much anticipation, the New York Geocaching Organization will be running the 2nd Annual Cannonball Run in the coming months, compete with some new and exciting action.

To kick things off, we are looking to redesign the Cannonball logo and website currently located at: http://www.ny-geocaching.org/cannonballrun/ .

Without giving away too many details - don't worry they'll be coming soon - we will be charging a small fee to enter the race. (The fee will help with out own costs to run the race, a custom tag for each racer and the prizes to the winners.)

The winning logo entry will receive a complimentary entry into the race and the opportunity to become part of a new Geocaching tradition. We will be accepting entries until the end of the month. The winner will be decided by NYGO's leadership shortly after. Entries can be posted here or emailed to us at cannonballrun@ny-geocaching.org .

Good luck Cannonballers!!

Any idea when the page will be updated with the 2004 information?

I also may be able to donate a USA Geocoin as one of the prizes. Race promoters feel free to contact me via my profile.

This logo will be the cornerstone of the 2004 website. As the contest will run until the end of the month, the new site will be unveiled shortly after.

After much anticipation, the New York Geocaching Organization will be running the 2nd Annual Cannonball Run in the coming months, compete with some new and exciting action.

Need More Information!! B)

Like how much will the fee be? Who do I send this to?

When will the racers need to be sent in by? Who do these get sent to?

When will the racer start? Where? Route? Rule changes? (who can I spam more questions to? :D )

If these answers are listed somewhere else already, please direct me there B)

Without giving away too many details - don't worry they'll be coming soon

Be patient, we're working on them now. They will be published when they are complete. For now, just know you'll need a new TB tag and a car/truck/van/motorcycle type travel bug to attach it to.

While interference is in the true nature of the Cannonball Run, I would hope that no one will extend it to treachery this year. We'll be making some rule changes to try and keep things in the spirit of the race as well as trying to ensure everyone has a good time. Please use good jugement.

118664_3400.jpg

-here's my entry

118664_3600.jpg

-with logo

118664_3900.jpg

-at 50%

I know I've sinned and made my logo hard to integrate into the universal background color... black... but hey maybe a lighter bk color might brighten things up a bit.

Edited by pnew
So, umm, any news on the event yet???

I agree with K-9.

If the event is supposed to start in March that will be here before you know it. :-)

Its starting in MARCH!!!!? :lol: Who said this????? :P

My mistake. No one 'said' it would start in March.

It was just that last year' race started in March so I was assuming this years race would.

And of course if anyone has seen The Bad News Bears you know what happens when you 'assume' something. :D

My mistake. No one 'said' it would start in March.

It was just that last year' race started in March so I was assuming this years race would.

And of course if anyone has seen The Bad News Bears you know what happens when you 'assume' something. :lol:

Oh... Well I would guess the start will be a month or two (or more... im just guessing here), one of the more common complaints/suggestions after the start last year was move the start back because the weather was still not very nice so the TBs moved slow.

We have taken into account the weather related start last year and will be trying something new this year to try and improve things.

Our plan is starting to firm up. A new website wil be launched early next month, at the completion of the logo contest. All of the updated rules will be posted there. You will have approx. 1 month from the release of the website to send in your bugs before the race.

For now, just obtain a new travel bug tag and find a vehicle to attach it to. We'll provide detailed instructions on what to do with it next when the website is launched.

The Cannonball Run web site has had some updates for 2004, but the old logo is still there. Does that mean the old logo won the contest, is the winning design going to be unveiled when the race starts, or something else?

... I didn't enter the contest, nor do I have anything to do with organizing the race or web site, just curious about the result.