Geocache Of The Month

Polgara

Geocache of the Month!!!!

It can be any geocache that fits the criteria...

It has to have been found at least once.

It cannot be a locationless or an event cache.

It cannot be archived or currently disabled, it must be available to hunt.

In order to be considered in the vote it has to be nominated.

Nominated caches will be polled for the winner!

Whats your nomination for cache of the month? :D

How do you select a cache if you haven't actually found it and experienced the hunt? Some caches that look great on paper are pretty lame and some of the best caches going don't look like much on the cache page.

I was wondering the same thing, actually. That's why my choice is a cache I've never even searched (partly because it's on the other side of the world): Makara Beach (Wellington). Why? Because they shot Bad Taste there!

"Stick all the bits of brain in a plastic bag, Barry."

If you want to make this a monthly award, then maybe you should add another requirement: the cache had to be placed in the last 3 months (or whatever timeframe). That way, you'd get new nominations, instead of just the all-time great caches, which is really a different category.

Also, it might be nice to have it per region/country/state/whateever, so that more of could go out and hunt the winner near us.

Anyway, I really like the idea. :D Here's my nomination (it's a cache in Virginia that was hidden 10/23/03:

It’s Elementary, My Dear Dmitri

Also, it might be nice to have it per region/country/state/whateever, so that more of could go out and hunt the winner near us.

I already had a plan for that, but it doesn't go into effect till the next month. I was going to use the regional sections as described in the geocache forums as parameters, for example, if the first cache of the month is located in the northwest region, than the northwest region would not be able to win 2 months in a row. BUt, they could win the month after.

I'm nominating Fire Elemental

Edited by Ce'Nedra
I like this one LOL

D

upinyachit

Hey Upinyachit, What have you been putting in those caches? This person took 'the niece' :tongue: , But did not leave anything in return. :)

'December 21, 2003 by KEYPERSN (KEYPERSN) (142 found)

Sneaky, Sneaky, Sneaky. One wrong move and you just bought a new cache, be careful. Took the niece and ...'

This is one of the logs from your cache...couldn't resist.

~Shirley~