Annual Swamp Trot!

mr.magoo

Last year about this time, we had a big cold snap. I saw a big increase in the number of swamp caches logged. So its time folks!

head on out to BOTPIII, A walk in the Park, Everglades, passaic river and all those other really wet muddy caches you have been avoiding!

oo and 'Revenege on the King' is another good one!

Edited by mr.magoo

I wouldn't trust the ice yet, especially in a swamp with the warmth from decaying vegetation. I went through ice, by myself on cross country skis, in a swamp on Fly Brook, up in the Gunks, when it was minus 20. It really freaked me out and taught me a lesson. Lucky for me the water was not deep, or I would not have lasted long. Remember what happened to Clyde Dewar up on Clinton Road some years ago.

Warning: Taunt to follow for a cache that's not getting much traffic.

My 5 yr old walked the entire route of Unfinished Business today. :D

I scoped out the area again - unless the river's at flood stage, there's a DRY route through the hunt. The ice makes these routes a little cleaner ('cause you don't get mud on your shoes) - but even after it thaws, you could easily do this cache in sneakers and not get your ankles muddy - if you choose correctly.

Muhahahahahahahahaha B)

i may try to talk lauren into trying for king pellinore's "trollsbane" tomorrow on our way grocery shopping. even if its 15 miles from our grocery store.....

(we found a virt and a regular cache at highpoint today, a s.plainfield cache should be peanuts.)

Cold weather won't be a major help on trollsbane.

We were at ''Trollsbane'' yesterday. : :D Darn near got frostbite. Logged a DNF, this isn’t really true, it was actually a TCTGA (Too Cold To Get At). My own fault, I don't have proper winter clothes. Well I waited on this Cache for a Hard Freeze, I think I'll wait for a nice Toasty Drought.

Last year about this time, we had a big cold snap. I saw a big increase in the number of swamp caches logged. So its time folks!

head on out to BOTPIII, A walk in the Park, Everglades, passaic river and all those other really wet muddy caches you have been avoiding!

We did night sweats last night, and at the same time we attempted to do Unfinished business but I fell through the Ice. today we tried to tackle the rest of the BLOP series. but we ran into a minor problem... I will email the owner and seek his advice, in the meantime if anyone is interested in a group hunt to bag the unfinished, or the BLOB caches let me know

scoobydooers.