Nighttime Caches?

calvinrtvp

I'm headed to Fredericksburg this weekend and discovered one of the COOLEST cache ideas I've seen yet...they've got a hunt that's easier to do at night than during the day...they use reflective markers down a trail (with left and right turns at forks defined by the way the reflectors are placed). Check it at After the Lights Go Out Cache

What I was wondering is, are there any others out there that anyone's discovered (especially in this area)? I'd love to see more of these, since most of my frustration so far with geocaching has been the fact that the sun goes down too early...I always am wanting to do "just one more" but the darkness is definitely a limiting factor.

Curious to hear if anyone's found any other night caches.... :D

I know of two in NJ. Night Vision and Night Sweats. I purchased a few bags of fire tacks and plan to place one myself. The hard thing is finding a place that isn't off limits at night and far enough from homes where people walking around at night, with flashlights won't draw the unwanted attention of the neighbors.

There are 2 in Montana: Noctournal Omissions and Greenough By Night. At our Greenough by Night cache folks have actually seen a bear and while placing it I disturbed something big and brown tht crashed off into the woord away from me. Not certain if it was just a deer but it still scared the crap out of me.

The other night cache I know of is Monster in Post falls,Idaho. Very cool cache that takes you quite a ways in a neat park.

We recommend BFLs for night caches as they make the reflectors stand out really well.

-Jennifer