What Country Would You Like To Geocache In.

The 2 Dogs

Just for fun I would love to travel to the U.S. and try some Geocaching up there. I am sure there would be lots of interesting places to visit during the hunts, although I have been told that your caches are, for the most part, a lot easier to get to than ours. One things seems certain, there are plenty to choose from in the U.S.

Which countries would other Geocachers like to travel to and why?

New Zealand is a country I will definitely go some day. It would actually be cool to move down there.

Meanwhile, I'd be happy to search caches anywhere I go. I'll search my next foreign caches in Thailand in February, and trips to Central Europe and the US have been on drawing table at times.

The Land of Oz would be great! My family lives Down Under and we hope to visit this Christmas. With my sister and her family into geocaching (RAV 4 Raiders in the Adelaide area), my father looking into purchasing a GPS, and my mother trying to talk her husband into buying a GPS it is likely that we will have a few family caching outings while there. Another plus to visiting Australia in December is that the weather is a little warmer there than it usually is in western NC.

As others have said, anywhere there is a cache is a good place to cache!

I love the English countryside, and actually dream of geocaching there! I often look at the UK cache map to see if there are new caches in the areas of England that I am familiar with (south around Portsmouth and northwest in Cheshire). There are such great public right-of-way paths through farms, and so many quaint villages, and ancient antiquities to see. The last time I was in England was in October 2001, just a couple of months before I started Geocaching. I'm really looking forward to going back again and finding my first cache there (perhaps this summer). (by the way - this is a great topic)

I spent a week in Thailand a few years ago. The people I went with were content to stay at the hotel, or visit the usual tourist sites. I grabbed a bike from the hotel, toured the countryside and encountered places and things that most tourists would never find. I had a blast (while everyone else I was with was sitting by the pool). I'd really love to go back and find some geocaches there because I'm sure they'd bring me to other interesting places that I missed.

Edited by briansnat
I'd just like to feel well enough to cache here in the good ol' US of A..... ;)

I think it is what you would do not could do. Where would you go if you were in the peak of health, with unlimited funds, and no job?

BTW hang in there Sparky. Moms 73ish and we drag her along on hunts. She has had surgery on;

Hip - replacment

Knee - replacment both of 'em

back - fused disk

Thigh - 2? plates

I won't go into my saga with kienbocks.

Just do what the PT tells you to do and don't cheat.

hmmmm....peak of health, unlimited funds, and no job.....2 out of 3 ain't bad, I guess! Well, I'd have to say Antarctica.....always wanted to go there. Seriously. Barren, desolate, frigid.....a lot like my exwife in many ways, except for the fact that I'd like to see Antarctica, but not her. I get a kick out of really, really, really cold weather! Yeah....that's where I want to go! ;)

New Zealand, in part because I've been there. Its really a great place. When you're driving, everything's covered in this lush green grass. I'd really like to go back, even if I wasn't caching.

Never been there, but have seen lots of beautiful pics of it. Another place I'd like to go is Ireland, because I'm mostly Irish, and the country is so beautiful.

England and Germany - home of my ancestors and some close family. I haven't looked into it but there must be a locationless dealing with castles. There are probably many traditional caches on or near castles. I love castles.

I want to drive down to Cabo again, this time cache my way down, drinking Coronas, ever in search of the next Sub-Agencia.

I will probably be geocaching in Chile by the end of February! Looking forward to that!

Sweden or the UK are just two of many countries I'd like to visit for that purpose.

I'd love to visit the beautiful United States of America, not only for geocaching. California for instance, where it all started would be great I think. But with all that tightened airline "security" it almost looks like foreigners aren't welcome there anymore - makes me feel more like a terrorist suspect than a tourist :D Well, maybe it gets better next year :D

But it's also great to discover all those beautiful places Germany has to offer. And I'm glad that there are still so many caches out there waiting for us to be found.

Stefan

from Team Lizzzard, Germany

I will probably be geocaching in Chile by the end of February! Looking forward to that!

Stefan

from Team Lizzzard, Germany

I will be in Chile in March. Have already looked, and there are NO GECACHES in the part of Chile I'm visiting! :D So someone, quick... hide one around Coyhaique!! :D

In no particular order:

Ireland, for obvious reasons of heritage; I would love to make a return visit.

England, because of all the great cache experiences I've read about by lurking in the U.K. forums.

Finland, because they seem extra considerate of foreigners by posting cache descriptions in English, and because of "getting to know" folks like Divine and Captain Morgan here in the forums.

New Zealand, even though I haven't seen the LOTR movies, I've always wanted to go there, and I've made a long-distance buddy there through my involvement in geocaching.

Little Leprechaun would vote for Australia because of her obsession with The Crocodile Hunter (although she thought he was stupid to have his baby tucked under his arm at feeding time).