Cache Placements Allowed On Pay-to-play Land?

ChileHead

I'd like to place a cache in a cross country ski area I frequent in the winter time. The land is privately owned, and requires purchasing a ski ticket to use the land (at least it does if you want to ski).

Assuming I could get permission from the land owners to place a cache there, would this be against guidelines because you would need to pay to find the cache? My assumption is that nobody would pay to go caching, but if you happen to be skiing or biking (summer) anyway, you may as well cache it too.

There was a discussion about this a while ago. I think it was decided that if you're approval agrees it's okay, then it's okay, but you definately wanna make sure you talk to your approver before you submit and/or place the cache...

Okay, my second edit. If you can mountain bike for free, but need to pay to ski, I think it should be fine as long as you mention that on the cache page, but once again, talk to your approver...

Edited by TeamK-9

There is a section in the guidelines that states that if it requires commercial purchase to access the cache (keyword: requires) then it must have special exemption from Groundspeak directly (by emailing contact@Groundspeak.com).

I am considering one that would require a bleacher ticket purchase for Fenway Park and this is one of the drawbacks to the cache.

I don't like pay to play. Around here you have to pay to park at a public boat launch, pay to park by a N.F.trailhead or park 1/4 mile away, pay to park and fish at a statepark(or to camp or even to hike their trails). In fact there are three of the closest 10 that I have to pay to get or park a ways away and if they catch you parking outsise the pay area and usig it they can write you a ticket.

I don't like pay to play. Around here you have to pay to park at a public boat launch, pay to park by a N.F.trailhead or park 1/4 mile away, pay to park and fish at a statepark(or to camp or even to hike their trails). In fact there are three of the closest 10 that I have to pay to get or park a ways away and if they catch you parking outsise the pay area and usig it they can write you a ticket.

Wow. Do they make you goose-step as you walk too, or just make you wear a symbol on your clothes for easy ID ? Sounds like somebodys concept of "public-access" lands is a little off kilter.

Many state parks and other similar places require parking permits. I really see no difference in that, than a lift ticket. If you don't want to pay to do it, then don't. There's no difference in paying the outrageous cost of entering the Grand Canyon National Park to get a virtual than this.