A Question For All Geocachers

What would be the three top things you would like to see covered in greater detail on a geocache website or newsletter that you don't think is being addressed currently?

BSG

Is this designed for newbies (sorry, tadpoles) or veteran cachers? I think newbies, er, tadpoles skip past the Frequently Asked Questions, Guide to finding your first cache, and how to create the first cache in your area links and jump right into the forums. Making a newletter for them might not help.

I think you should make the newsletter/website for the non-forum-reading cachers. You know, cachers that don't want to discuss anything, they just want the important changes emailed weekly/monthly.

What would be the three top things you would like to see covered in greater detail on a geocache website or newsletter that you don't think is being addressed currently?

BSG

Is this designed for newbies (sorry, tadpoles) or veteran cachers? I think newbies, er, tadpoles skip past the Frequently Asked Questions, Guide to finding your first cache, and how to create the first cache in your area links and jump right into the forums. Making a newletter for them might not help.

I think you should make the newsletter/website for the non-forum-reading cachers. You know, cachers that don't want to discuss anything, they just want the important changes emailed weekly/monthly.

Alright, who the heck are YOU, and what did you do with the smart-aleck little blue guy ? ;)

Would the real GPSaxaphone please stand up ?

well as gsax (how do you like that one ;)) said I really think its almost too easy to just jump right into geocaching and people don't realize there are restrictions/rules addressed in length and never read. Maybe somehow when a new cacher signs up the website sort of guides them through the info on geocaching. Thats to help those who skipped it alltogether. As less of a tadpoll then when I started I automatically search the forums if I have a question about something geocaching related. Usually I can find my answer on my own. Maybe we can have a motto. "Dig for answers; but not for caches... and don't just jump right in" ...ok maybe not

edit: g2x.5 V2.1

Edited by pnew

I think that nothing really needs to be changed. I just started afew months ago and my family and I picked right up on how it all works (or so we THINK ;) )

I have a friend that just ordered his first GPS and as soon as he gets it we are going to get his family involved. We talked about it today and so far he believes he's got the basics down.

Woody33, that's a fine suggestion, although lots of folks would say "no more rules!" Perhaps if we called it a "Code of Ethics" for geocachers, that kind of a document would be useful and well-received.

Recently in the "Getting Started" forum, many geocachers contributed to This "Code of Ethics" Topic, which someone might want to consider turning into an article or more formal document by synthesizing all the bits and pieces.