Team Enigma Towtruck

Team EnigmaGPS

174685_200.jpg

;) i think i need bigger tires....

doing a hunt up near Savona on Dec. 23 for a tag in "Performance Driven Cache". i know we all love to share in each others mishaps..so figured i'd send a photo. The turck got off track, and girlfriend and i hiked out 7.5 km (after the 10 km round trip to the tag i had already done), before the towtruck got there. He made it in all of 130 meters from where the road was no longer cleared.

Thnak you to the GPS gods for having a logging skidder working nearby, and a guy who was willing to help us out. Those things make one hell of a back country towtruck!!!!!

i highly recommend every team get one for back country travel B)

1) Buy some chains $100 for proper V-link cam lock. $60 for cable style.

2) Buy a shovel, $15

3) If you are serious, a high lift jack, $80

You can get yourself out of any snow stuck with the above. I wheel off road in the winter all the time.

Another important thing to know, is the lower the tire pressure, the better the traction. Street pressure to 15 psi will double traction, 10 psi will double again, when you get to 6 you can not be stopped.... Just be careful in the turns.

Edited by Red90
1)  Buy some chains $100 for proper V-link cam lock. $60 for cable style.

2)  Buy a shovel, $15

3)  If you are serious, a high lift jack, $80

You can get yourself out of any snow stuck with the above.  I wheel off road in the winter all the time.

Another important thing to know, is the lower the tire pressure, the better the traction.  Street pressure to 15 psi will double traction, 10 psi will double again, when you get to 6 you can not be stopped....  Just be careful in the turns.

A 12V compressor or power pack is nice when you want to air up.

Red90, is that the back end of a FJ45 in your avatar?

I got stuck once! Let's see... oh yeah! in traffic. ;) Joking aside, in northern Ontario I got stuck on a sand bar in Lake Superior late one night, next day someone I knew with a skidder came and pulled me out. Wish I had a picture of that as I had a canoe on my rack at the time. Then there was this time I spent all night in the bush unstucking myself out of a mudhole. Then there was this other time... B)

Well, yes. But there is no real need to use them on the road, or at least it is quite rare. Highways have chain up and chain off areas around major hills.

You'll like this regulation: National Parks Regs

"SNOW TIRES AND CHAINS

40. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle

(a) on any highway in Mount Revelstoke National Park, Glacier National Park or Yoho National Park,

(:D on the Icefield Parkway in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park,

© on the Banff-Windermere Highway in Banff National Park and Kootenay National Park, or

(d) on any other highway in Banff National Park, Jasper National Park or Kootenay National Park that has been designated by the superintendent by means of a notice prominently posted or displayed on any such highway

during the period between November 1 to March 31 or any other period during which the highway is covered with snow or ice unless adequate snow tires or tire chains have been installed on the motor vehicle. SOR/90-79, ss. 16, 25(F); SOR/91-375, s. 3(E)."

That is funny as hell. Probably less than 1% of motorists have "adequate snow tires".

Edited by Red90