Looking For Article Submissions

Followers 0

This is cross posted from the general forum. I apologize for the cross post, but figured that there would be people in each of these forums that don't tend to read the other forum.

I am looking for kids, or families with kids, who would like to write an article for a geo-caching e-zine that is in the works. Do you have a good geocaching kids story to tell? Would your child like to write about his or her experiences? I am looking for concrete topics such as experiences with classes tracking travel bugs, use of GPS technology in school, kids who make travel bugs, kids who have experienced a great benefit from caching etc. Basically, it needs to be more than a "why I like caching" type of thing. All suggestions are welcome!

I am also working on lining up an article about a class following a travel bug and would like some other similar experiences to use as an intro for that article if it comes through. There, I would write the intro, but refer to your information about the experience.

I would prefer articles written by kids, but a family written article could work as well. Likewise, articles written by educators who have used gps technology or geocaching in the classroom could be useful.

If you or your child has an interest in writing an article or providing some information for a lead in, please email me.

Thanks!

Carleen

I am a teacher in WA who has taught other teachers how to use geocaching at school. I have used class travel bugs but haven't had as much success as I would have liked. Tracking others' bugs has proven to be more useful. This is a terrific idea. Who do you anticipate will be the readers for your -zine? Please e-mail me directly as I don't check the forums frequently enough. Irene (Discocry)

Hello, my name is Jack or Jdrummerlax. I am in 8th grade and love to geocache. <_< I actually just recieved my premium subsciption 5 minutes ago, so I'm just trying out this Forum thing because it looks preety cool. I'll maybe reply to this topic later with more detail. But to give you a history of my "geocaching" experiences: My L.A. teacher told me about geocaching and I thought it was preety cool. So I saved up money for a few months and then bought a gps. And now I love to geocache. I've "hooked a few of my friends into geocaching such as Enspyer and Sl33py. I own seven caches and 5 travel bugs. Well, that's me. I hope I helped you with your article. I'll maybe reply later [as I said before] in more detail.

Environmental Explorer - Syracuse New York

Make a difference, save the environment - Jack B)

Followers 0