Safest Geocaching City In America

Upinyachit lives in Pueblo, Colorado now, and we never hear sirens going off. We used to live in N.Y. off of route 104 and we had all of the traffic going to Niagra Falls that would use 104 to get there. This last summer it drove us nuts; the motorcycles, and occasionally there would be big time wrecks, all right in front of our house. Not to mention, our geocaching dog Chi. He was hit by a car and died on that road. :rolleyes:

I am not sure where Pueblo, Colorado ranks as far as the safest place in the U.S., but it would be interesting to see if any members out there have ever done a search to find out how safe their city is.

Where does your city rank as far as the safest place in America?

D

Upinyachit

:lol:

Here in Charlotte, NC we get a rape or murder or robbery once a week in the city parks. In the County parks I would say 4 times a year. If you figure how many people go to the parks and how many parks we have, thats not bad odds. Carry your mace and remember if you get caught carrying a gun here in a park your going to jail and the bad guys are going to their crack house at the end of the day.

Upinyachit lives in Pueblo, Colorado now, and we never hear sirens going off. 

I am not sure where Pueblo, Colorado ranks as far as the safest place in the U.S., but it would be interesting to see if any members out there have ever done a search to find out how safe their city is.

D

Upinyachit

:rolleyes:

There are sirens there in Pueblo. Sound does not travel well through all of the government paperwork, and catalogs stored there. (Not to mention the dead letters.) The town is just well insulated for sound.

Houston:

No REAL geocaching horror stories......yet.

Believe me. If there was one, we would all know in about 5 minutes. Everyone here is tuned in.

Sn :lol::P gans

Edited by Snoogans

There are sirens there in Pueblo. Sound does not travel well through all of the government paperwork, and catalogs stored there. (Not to mention the dead letters.) The town is just well insulated for sound.

I wanted to make reference (ah hem) to that but you beat me and did a better job. :rolleyes:

Delmont Pennsylvania has a giant firesiren that goes off a couple times a day, but they're mostly going out to the highway to scrape someone off the road. (We're right at the crossroads of two big highways)

And I think we might have the highest police officer to citizen ratio, in the state. We have about ten officers, 3 or four police cars and only 2397 tax payers according to city-data.com But seriously the cops just mostly spend the days doing speed traps. It's really rather funny actually, of the 10 or so police officers we have, only about 3 of them actually work regularly, the other 7 work no more than 14 days a year on special events...

I think we're pretty safe...

Are you wondering where you SHOULD be living?

Check here!

It says Denver, CO should be my 3rd best place to live. I guess it's pretty good considering I live in Aurora!

Here is a list of the safest cities. Denver is number 12. See where your city ranks!

Denver is 4th for me and I'd not mind Boulder. I did a job interview in Denver. The drive from Stapleton to the Job (which I liked and was offered) convinced me that Denver wasn't the place for me.

Where I do live (Pocatello) doesn't show up in either the Best/Worst crime city or the list of where I should be.

My home of Lincoln, Nebraska was on the expanded list. It was also voted one of the best places to live by Money Magazine some years back. I can't really disagree. It is a college town, so there is usually something interesting going on and Omaha metro area is close for more of that. The cost of living and unemployment is low, and people tend to be quite nice here. The public school system is top notch. For safety, I live in a "bad" area of town (thanks to wanting to live in an ancient 1893 house) and yet it is safe enough to go jogging after dark and leave the front door open (which I don't do, but plenty of neighbors do). Of course, there are the tornados and snow!

You hit my hot button.

City crime statistics like these are misleading. In my metro area, Orlando, there are as many (or more) tourists in town as there are residents. Therefore when they divide the number of crimes (against tourists and residents) by the number of residents (to get per capita) they get an inflated number.

Also, crime is related to weather. When it's nice out, people are out and about and therefore there are more opportunities for criminal activity. Well, it's always nice in FL, so we have year-around crime here. Wahoo!

Same argument for best cities for bicycling or pedestrian accidents. Orlando is always near the bottom since people are out biking in February (and thus having accidents, getting killed, etc.). I bet there aren't that many bikers in Buffalo in February!

Arggggg

Well the nearest city that shows up on the list for me would be Columbus Ohio. It ranked in at #6 on the most dangerous list for cities of 500,000 or more population.

I'm not sure when the list was compiled but I wouldn't be surprised if it got bumped up a spot or two what with our random highway sniper. Far as I know there is very little they know about this person, and they're not making much progress on figuring it out. All the while, the person is still shooting cars on the highway.

Oops.  Sorry Haldon - I just realized you ARE from Canada.  Thanks for the company.

Yeah, but I'm not. Stop discriminating me, eh! ;)

Sorry, I certainly don't want to discriminate against Finland either. Your company too, is fine Devine.

By the way, what's the safest place to geocache in Finland (that is part of America isn't it?? - oh no, I'm wrong ... sorry I'm getting confused with New Finland)

Edited by seneca