Anyone Seen The New Garmin?

A friend and I are looking at the new Garmin GPS coming out this quarter (http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap60cs/). With a 256 color screen, and "Special geocaching navigation mode" it looks awesome. Does anyone know anything more about the Geocaching features other than:

1.) The Compass page becomes tailored to geocaching while the user is navigating toward a geocache.

2.) During navigation toward a geocache, a note or hint about the cache is readily accessible (if the cache waypoint contains such information in its comment field).

3.) When a geocache is found, the unit will mark the cache found, log an entry into the outdoor calendar, and provide an option that—with one button press—will show the next-closest cache.

????

It's more expensive than many pocket-PC units available that will store GPS info and Geocache info, in addition to other "regular" PC stuff, but it still looks cool.

First quarter means end of March, if it is on time. I remember the GPS V was almost 6 months late.

Sug retail $600.00 means street price will be around $500.00 No one sells electronics in the US at Sug. Retail.

$500.00 I guess will be the MAP price "Minumum Advertised Price"

Dig. Compass-You can bay a real one for around $9.00 (That is what I use)

Keep in mind, unless Garmin has gone to a traxial compass like Magellan uses, you will have to hold the GPS level for the compass to be accurate.

I have a Magelan Sport Track color with a Dig compass, I still use the reg base plate compass. :rolleyes:

At gps discount.com , They have preorders of the GPSMap60C for: $370.00 or $390.00 with the pro90 battery pack. The GPSMap60cs (Has electronic compass and altimeter) for $418.00 or $438.00 with batt pack. All packages come with cables. No shipping fees. I and several friends have purchased here and were FULLY satisfied with service.

Edited by sturgeongeneral