New York City And Metro Area Geocacher's Gathering

dboggny

on January 23rd, 2004, a few of us, as we have done previously, are getting together for an all you can eat steak dinner. We will be gathering at Greenfields in Hackensack, NJ for this one (for those who are far and can't/ don't want to do that driving we will plan one in the Queens or Nassua area if you would like. AND DON'T FORGET, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A GET TOGETHER NEAR YOU, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HELP PLAN IT. I DONT KNOW THE WHOLE AREA. Even a buffet breakfast and cache hunt near where you live would be cool... it would help cachers from other areas see geocaching in your neck of the woods and maybe give them confidence to return since they have seen the area and terrain with a local guide). Here is a link for the adress info for greenfield restaurant. I say we meet at 7:00 pm. please indicate if you are going to attend, so we know who to hold a seat for/ wait for. if you arrive late, i dont think it matters. this isn't a formal event, people can come and go as they please and sit with whomever they please etc. The place closes at 10pm... this is a buffet/ all you can eat steak place, so get there early. cost is approx $30.

see you soon.

danny

Edited by dboggny

I'll be there as long as DBoggNY guards the dessert table like last time!

"Hey - if you TOUCH the piece of cake - you TAKE the piece of cake" :rolleyes:

Funniest thing I've seen in a while. This random guy is right in front of us and he's TOUCHING all the desserts (but taking none). Luckily, DBoggNY was there to "edumacate" the fellow in basic courtesy and food sanitation!

The food's good - great skirt steak, and there's a huge sushi bar also - but watch around the dessert table. I'll be there - steak knife a'flying!

I should hopefully be there, the last one was great. If anyone has a pregnant wife, make sure to bring her. She can be seated across from me to to help induce labor. Worked for Danny's wife, Becky.

:rolleyes: I dunno Mopar, Carol is due on 04/19, so that might be a bit too early....

Although, Steak, Mmmmmmm!!

Is Greenfields still there?? I am usually 99% wrong so you could ignore me but last time I was over there I could have sworn it changed names and don't know if it is still the same.. This was a couple of months ago tho so I am most likely wrong.

i called them the other day to confirm thier hours... harrald, you can't touch my cakes.

Hmmm... Probably a bit far for a steak dinner but I'm thinking about it. I will however set something up in the Long Island Area very soon. Need to find an all you can eat Breakfast place.

A bit far?!?!?? You're on Long Island for crying out loud....it's just "across town" I'm driving in from central PA, I think I probably got ya beat on distance.

Hmmm... Probably a bit far for a steak dinner but I'm thinking about it.  I will however set something up in the Long Island Area very soon.  Need to find an all you can eat Breakfast place.

that would be great. let me know when/where and i can help out a bit. there is also a greenfield restaurant in queens and another, similar all you can eat steak place in queens - so if you wanted to do a dinner at one of these places... i am sure there are other nice buffet places on the island. there is one in central nassua not too far from the colleseum.. its not a steak place but chinese buffet and its reallly good.

danny

Edited by dboggny
A bit far?!?!??  You're on Long Island for crying out loud....it's just "across town"  I'm driving in from central PA, I think I probably got ya beat on distance.

Yeah but the NYC bridge tolls will cost him plenty. :tongue:

As stated in ClayJars chat room the peer pressure from IV has taken it's toll and I will be there. I will also let you know about something on the Island soon.

Well it looks as if My wife, The Bardmin and I will be there. In fact there is rumor of a pre-dinner cocktail nearby. Since my bride will be driving us home I guess I will have to attend the pre dinner cocktail hour (or 2) also.

Maybe we can start getting a count on how many people are planning on being there. I could stop by the resturant on the way home from work and make sure they are ready for this crowd.

3 of us.

I'll be there for dinner but will (unfortunately) probably not make any cocktail hour earlier. I've been fasting for the last 2 months in preparation for this feast (got to get my money's worth out of the buffet, right?)

Just steer clear of the salad.

53786_2600.jpg

p.s. No, that's not me (it's just a picture I lifted off some website).

Edited by HartClimbs