Geocaching Growth

wimseyguy

I'm planning the annual spring trip to Myrtle Beach SC. :rolleyes: I noticed that there are now 20 caches within 20 miles of the most central one. Last year I had to drive 20 miles just to find a fourth in the area. It still isn't a cache dense destination (like having 120 golf courses within 60 miles, and they take up a lot more space than a cache), but it's nice to see that kind of increased local activity in our sport. Especially so close to home and a nice place to visit. :rolleyes:

It made me wonder what other areas have experienced significant cache activity growth in the past year as well?

I'm planning the annual spring trip to Myrtle Beach SC. :rolleyes: I noticed that there are now 20 caches within 20 miles of the most central one. Last year I had to drive 20 miles just to find a fourth in the area. It still isn't a cache dense destination (like having 120 golf courses within 60 miles, and they take up a lot more space than a cache), but it's nice to see that kind of increased local activity in our sport. Especially so close to home and a nice place to visit. :lol:

It made me wonder what other areas have experienced significant cache activity growth in the past year as well?

Good to see another Parrothead in the group.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane