$285,200.00 Frog Tunnel

Signal must be pleased by this.

It's probably worth the money, especially if the frog traffic is so great that they are all over the roadways. In the southwest it seemed like every spring when we had a big rain at a certain time, toads would be out in force covering the roadway in certain locations. There was no way to avoid them when driving by, and the results were messy! :rolleyes:

What a waste of money. If the frogs can't cross the road that is evolution saying their time is over.

I think the frogs were doing alright keeping up with evolution.... they just have a problem keeping up with the humans...

We are part of the world too. It's not like we just arrived in our space-traveling 1978 Buick station wagon. If they cant keep up then their time is over. I thought that is what evolution was.

What a waste of money. If the frogs can't cross the road that is evolution saying their time is over.

I think the frogs were doing alright keeping up with evolution.... they just have a problem keeping up with the humans...

We are part of the world too. It's not like we just arrived in our space-traveling 1978 Buick station wagon. If they cant keep up then their time is over. I thought that is what evolution was.

Yup.....survival of the fittest. In some areas similar to this, it appears as though the frogs' method of combatting the evil humans is to completely cover a road, thereby making a really slick mess when an unknowing motorist passes through the group, causing the car to lose control and plummet into the swamp, where the passengers are readily devoured by the surviving frogs. :rolleyes:

Maybe it also protects anxious humans too. I once drove over a section of road at night that was covered with toads. There were thousands of them and it was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Anyway, I didn't realize the road was covered with them at first and figured it out after I asked my boyfriend (ex actually) what was continually hitting the car. Once it was figured out, I basically had little panic attacks for about ten miles of road everytime I heard a new "thump" on the bottom or side of the car. I hate to think how many poor little toads I ran over. Ick! ;)